Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter

C2B

Congratulations to Larian Studios and thanks to everybody who contributed for a more complete gaming experience. Now here's hoping the end product will be loads of fun. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Stream never worked for me.

You can find the stream recording on their twitch so try that?

Doesn't work either. I'll have to wait until a kind soul uploads to Yootube.

It's definitely worth watching, even if for just for Kirill playing and David singing Smoke on the Water.   :yes:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Stream never worked for me.

You can find the stream recording on their twitch so try that?

Doesn't work either. I'll have to wait until a kind soul uploads to Yootube.

I don't know if Larian will upload the complete recording to youtube but at least some edited stuff I guess. :)

35167v4.jpg

Pretty good result for them in the end. I still wish they'd started a little bit later once SotA and Torment were done and once a bit more PR groundwork had been set, but they've worked hard for their money, to quote the great philosopher Donna Summers (?), and deserve it.

I suspect they'll end up with a million+ and have a relatively larger kick at the end

I NEVER DOUBTED YOU LARIAN!

• Like 1

Nor did I, Zoraptor. My official bet over at Larian's was 1.011 M, and it landed on 0.964 M or something like that (well minus 12K that Codex/Watch hadn't delivered yet). :D

I just wanted to share a priceless chat excerpt from the party. As you well know by now Kirill had some problematic pants that ended up with him flashing a butt crack:

"Swen: @kirill what was your reaction to finding out you get an orchestra?

Kirill: @swen is this pg18?

Swe:n @kirill I dont think that really matters now everyone has seen your butt"

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I chuckled at the last video update where he  is explaining day\night cycles and there effect on NPC's

" its wouldn't make sense if the Innkeeper is selling you beer at 5 am....wait buying beer at 5 am does make sense " :grin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This kickstarter campaign was AWESOME, really awesome. It was funny but at the same time very informative. The Larian guys are really a bunch of great guys. I already backed a lot of games trough kickstarter and i can say for sure that Project Eternity and Divinity Original Sin were the best campaign i saw there. The other projects should learn with this ones.

I'm really happy that all stretch goals were met. Companions with their own stories; talents and traits; day, night and weather cycles with NPC's and monsters behaving according and school of spells taking advantage of this cycles... i couldn't imagine the game full without those features.

This games now seems to have EVERYTHING to be one of the best RPG's ever made. I'm really excited with the possibility and can't wait to try it when it get done.
  • Like 2

Hopefully Larian's campaign will become standard for all future video game related campaigns, i.e. actually having something to show rather than promising the moon, the sun and the stars and ****ting on mainstream industry.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hopefully Larian's campaign will become standard for all future video game related campaigns, i.e. actually having something to show rather than promising the moon, the sun and the stars and ****ting on mainstream industry.

Well I don't think they can promise the stars, since it's an isometric view. o:)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I vote that LordCrash's forum title be changed from Grand Master of the Obsidian Order to Grand Weresheep of the Obsidian Order.

Haha, I like that.... :)

@ Mods/Admin: Could someone change my title to that please? ;)

• Like 2
35167v4.jpg

This kickstarter campaign was AWESOME, really awesome. It was funny but at the same time very informative. The Larian guys are really a bunch of great guys. I already backed a lot of games trough kickstarter and i can say for sure that Project Eternity and Divinity Original Sin were the best campaign i saw there. The other projects should learn with this ones.

I'm really happy that all stretch goals were met. Companions with their own stories; talents and traits; day, night and weather cycles with NPC's and monsters behaving according and school of spells taking advantage of this cycles... i couldn't imagine the game full without those features.

This games now seems to have EVERYTHING to be one of the best RPG's ever made. I'm really excited with the possibility and can't wait to try it when it get done.

Well said :) For me what distinguished this KS from others was the feedback from Larian Studios, how they actually communicated and then the updates from other fans like LordCrash and Indira on these forums. The sense of commitment and transparency really impressed me and has made me recognize this KS as the best organized I have ever seen. So good on them :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Boy, this Kickstarter has been a wild ride! But it was great fun too!

I still can't believe we ended up - all things considered - at 1.000.000! Bloody awesome that! So thanks again for all your generous support!! You guys rock!  :thumbsup:

Now I can both work on a large scope Original Sin and look forward to Project Eternity. Good stuff!

• Like 6

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Of course their campaign was great. They're not starting from scratch, they just ran out of money while making a game.  So can  it be compared to anything else on kickstarter?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Looking at the editor and the bright, vibrant, reactive world there's only one thing that springs to my mind: Ultima mod.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

@Indira  :grin: Sure will!

Of course their campaign was great. They're not starting from scratch, they just ran out of money while making a game.  So can  it be compared to anything else on kickstarter?

That's not quite true actually. Like we said from the beginning: the game was essentially funded - up to a point. But we wanted it to be bigger; better; denser, hence going to Kickstarter and our initial 400.000 goal to make that happen. After that the sky was the limit and things we knew could never be done with our budget - i.e. the stretch goals - can now become a reality.

So now Original Sin will be bigger, better, denser + player home + traits and talents + Kirill orchestra + companions + day/night, weather and magic-inluencing moons. I mean, what's not to like?  ;)

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Jan,

when it come from you well indeed It's going to be awesome

SokOzyi.gif

EPIC!

It's going to be awesome!

Hahahahaha...

Now, talking about other subject, I hope them to release the game only AFTER a serious and intense period of game testing. Considering how much extra content was provided by the kickstarter campaign funds, they will need to have extra care with the game to not let it be released with tons of bugs.

As an example, Divinity II was a very good game but it suffered a lot with tons of bugs at launch. Now that they don't have a publisher breathing in their necks, they can take their time to polish the game as much as they can, and i think they will need to do it because this game will have a lot of interaction and reactivity, tons of quests, many skills and so on.
Edited by Jhonrock

Looking at the editor and the bright, vibrant, reactive world there's only one thing that springs to my mind: Ultima mod.

Swen had been practically begging people for that during the campaign.  I'm going to do my best to mod Kirill into the game, if he's not already in there as an easter egg or something.  Kirill is way too awesome a guy to not be in the game.  Second order of business will be modding the game so I can play as an orc, on account of orcs being awesome.

As with practically any game, I can almost guarantee that a nude mod will be one of the first to pop up.  The modding community has it's priorities in order. 

:p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks