Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter

C2B

THIS GAME IS AMAZING A MUST HAVE FOR ALL RPG FANS IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A RPG FAN AND DON'T OWN THIS GAME I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN MYSELF

It's also pretty fun and co-op (and I imagine just as good in singleplayer anyway)

Agreed.  This has to be the best CRPG I played in years.  I never had this much fun in a game in a long time.  I doubt even Pillars of Eternity will be this good of a game.

The combat system is SO GOOD. Love how the elements interact with the environment and each other. Gosh, I missed turn-based party-based RPGs. This year is going to be great.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

"THIS GAME IS AMAZING A MUST HAVE FOR ALL RPG FANS IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A RPG FAN AND DON'T OWN THIS GAME I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN MYSELF"

Start the Hunt. I'm not buying unless it gets released in stores or is sold for less than $10 on GOG.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"THIS GAME IS AMAZING A MUST HAVE FOR ALL RPG FANS IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A RPG FAN AND DON'T OWN THIS GAME I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN MYSELF"

Start the Hunt. I'm not buying unless it gets released in stores or is sold for less than $10 on GOG.

Or...unless it has cisgendered issues addressed! It's the least Larian can do.

Edited by licketysplit

Steam claims I have 3 hours played for this title. More than two of those have been spent creating various combinations at the character creation screen however... and I haven't even had a fight besides the very first one - which, I've discovered, doesn't even trigger if you're sneaking, the bad guys just walk away. Pretty much any other game would have ignored your stealth and just forced the scripted dialogue so I'm impressed by that, small detail as it may seem.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Or...unless it has cisgendered issues addressed! It's the least Larian can do.

Wait, what ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have no doubt that Pillars of Eternity will be a good game.

I always thought that Larians Writing is good. But Obsidians Writing is brilliant.

BUT Diviniy: OS (a 4 Million $ game) is the current standard Pillars will be compared to.

That's a pretty high bar to climb.

Edited by rftl

No, it won't be. No reason to compare either.

There actually is- D:OS is the first game that had a kickstarter and is inarguably better than pretty much any recent (E.G <5 years) games of the same genre.

While the two games are as similar as Skyrim and Mass Effects are, D:OS is becoming the standard for a "kickstarter high quality game". Sure, they mostly funded it with their own money, but they also got much less from the KS (and probably didn't have /that/ much money to fund it with, if the numbers given in This article are true).

We finally have a 'low-budged' self-funded Kickstarter game of high quality, so incoming kickstarter games like W2, Pillars of Eternity and Tormet not planescape will have a similar bar of quality for comparisons.

Edited by Arkeus

As an old confused man, i refuse to buy my game digitally or whatever the youngsters call it nowadays. So, will this option be available in the future? 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There actually is- D:OS is the first game that had a kickstarter and is inarguably better than pretty much any recent (E.G <5 years) games of the same genre.

While the two games are as similar as Skyrim and Mass Effects are, D:OS is becoming the standard for a "kickstarter high quality game". Sure, they mostly funded it with their own money, but they also got much less from the KS (and probably didn't have /that/ much money to fund it with, if the numbers given in This article are true).

We finally have a 'low-budged' self-funded Kickstarter game of high quality, so incoming kickstarter games like W2, Pillars of Eternity and Tormet not planescape will have a similar bar of quality for comparisons.

Erm get your facts straight.  D:OS wasn't fully funded by KS nor has it's development started with the KS campaign.  It has been in development since 2010 so to take as an example of KS game is plain wrong.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Erm get your facts straight.  D:OS wasn't fully funded by KS nor has it's development started with the KS campaign.  It has been in development since 2010 so to take as an example of KS game is plain wrong.

... I said all of this in my post.

It doesn't change the fact that it's partly funded by KS, has a budget similar to KS games, and also follow the usual KS things like no publisher oversight and so on.

As an old confused man, i refuse to buy my game digitally or whatever the youngsters call it nowadays. So, will this option be available in the future? 

You can buy boxed copies but I think they're all Steamworks. KS backers got the option of a DRM-free boxed copy, but I don't think it's available anymore.

They're selling a boxed Collector's Edition on their own site but it's pretty costly at 70EUR, but it includes two copies of the game. I assume they'll be selling the regular edition boxed copies at retailers but not in all countries, I think it'll be fairly limited distribution.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Probably only to RPG strongholds (Read: Germany)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

... I said all of this in my post.

It doesn't change the fact that it's partly funded by KS, has a budget similar to KS games, and also follow the usual KS things like no publisher oversight and so on.

BUT it's been in development for YEARS before KS, therefore it's not comparable even if the final budget might be around the same. They didn't plan from scratch around the raised KS money , didn't need to find an engine,... They got most of the money because they had lots to show as they were quite far along the development. Their campaing was about finishin, polishing and maybe even adding content unlike PE, Wasteland 2 , eternity, Banner Saga, Shadowrun,... So not comparable at all.

1.13 killed off Ja2.