Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter

C2B

Can't say I'm a fan of TBS either, but I definitely don't mind it that badly in Original Sin. Fast and brutal... not extremely drawn out. Gets my approval :)

I just figured out what is bothering me so much about the game, no hex-grid. It makes it really hard to judge movement in combat and it makes the combat really messy.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Just look at the distance meters when moving, and the movement stat in your inventory, and it should be clear enough I think... it's kinda liberating to have TBS without grid and more in a RtwP environment I think.

Of course, you seem to disagree. Everyone their own preferences.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Just look at the distance meters when moving, and the movement stat in your inventory, and it should be clear enough I think... it's kinda liberating to have TBS without grid and more in a RtwP environment I think.

I haven't given up on the game yet, because I think that I just haven't gotten used to this type of a system. I don't know, I would have liked it if it was either RTwP or full blown TB. All this being said I played about an hour of the game so I probably haven't even scratched the surface of what the game offers.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I haven't given up on the game yet, because I think that I just haven't gotten used to this type of a system. I don't know, I would have liked it if it was either RTwP or full blown TB. All this being said I played about an hour of the game so I probably haven't even scratched the surface of what the game offers.

I've played about 5 hours, and I haven't even left the starting city.  Admittedly, I'm talking to everyone.  Personally, I love what I've seen of the combat system so far, but I prefer turn-based over anything else (RTwP I'll suffer through, but I think it's decidedly inferior to turn-based, particularly in terms of creating difficulty).

I don't know how wild I am about the class/leveling system, but that's largely because I have no idea when I'll get points, what I'll get points for, or approximately how many levels I should end up with, and thus I have no idea how specialized/diverse I should make my characters.

Looks like I gotta shelve this for now (though hopefully not for long, given the speed Larian's been cranking out patches) as the game rather reliably crashes after combat for me (one of the characters decides he wants to talk when another one levels up, this seems to produce a CTD when exiting combat).

Well, I *guess* I could go back to the city and finish the murder mystery, which hopefully will give me enough xp to level without crashing, but I was kinda getting into the undead killing thing...

(btw, did anyone succeed in solving the murder without breaking any laws? I don't want to know how, I just want to know if someone managed, the paths I've found so far all involve breaking and entering :) )

Some people experience crashes, but otherwise, there're very very few bugs. This one has been polished very well. I'm 20+ hours in with virtually zero bugs.

It's not only bugs. It's a Larian game so give and take three years before all gameplay imbalances are ironed out and game mechanics are completely up to snuff.

I played Divinity 2 on launch and it wasn't very buggy either.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think maybe the large beta and early access may have helped in that regard because I haven't had a single issue and I'm on the second map now. A few minor gripes like a very limited spell book because I always play casters but a few cheats later that was no longer an issue.

Free games updated 3/4/21

You can play the matchmaker between two felines in this game. Where is LadyCrimson?

By the way, I do love that reference to "Unsinkable Sam" A.K.A. "Oskar".

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So far I've been a barrel, a boulder and a bush

You can be a snowman and some other things too..

I really like the game.

It gets more challenging the higher levels you get, because enemies get to spam more things as well and in different combinations, not to mention the sheer numbers increase...

I am at level 13 and probably a half way through the second big map and half way in the main plot (freed a certain plot related character). I like it. The magic system is cool, but possible only because it is a TB combat. I feel like there could be more perks in the pool to pick up (especially for spellcasters and for skills with 2-4 points), but all in all, fun game

I'm dying to play this game but i'm waiting for the physical copy version or the gog version.  Plus the guy who did that 1-shot boss kill.... omg, sneaking is amazing.

Oh and if anyone giving away steam keys, I like to have one.

Edited by ryukenden

Sorry, gave my extra key to my cousin.

In any case this game is well worth the purchase if only to support Larian, who have finally delivered on a product that feels like it turned out almost exactly as they wanted it to. This game is a true labor of love. No dumbed down, publisher mandated horse poop, thrown in to cater to a console crowd. It's unabashedly niche, and it pays the best compliment to gamers I've seen in years - Larian thinks you're smart and that you want a challenge.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING A MUST HAVE FOR ALL RPG FANS IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A RPG FAN AND DON'T OWN THIS GAME I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN MYSELF

It's also pretty fun and co-op (and I imagine just as good in singleplayer anyway)

• Like 1

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)