Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter

C2B

Weresheep is like a funny once joke. Much as a wool sweater, it will wear thin.

Agreed. People should start to get over it already as it's well in the process of becoming annoying.

You don't have to participate if you don't want to. And feel free to come up with something else/better......

35167v4.jpg

Agreed. People should start to get over it already as it's well in the process of becoming annoying.

Oh, but it's much worse than that. It was itchy already at the get-go. You immediately get it under your skin and then you have been infected with the weresheep madness. It's like a beautiful drug with side effects that you are happy with. In short, the weresheep are a cool Larian-smitten bunch that loves a great CRPG when they see one. Beware, it's quite contagious! BAAH!

Oh, I see the appeal. No question about it. It just seems (to me, personally) that this thing is starting to go a bit overboard, from a neat little joke to a repetitive "not-this-again" one. But yeah, BAAH.

You don't have to participate if you don't want to. And feel free to come up with something else/better......

BAAH!

• Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Update #31 : Less than 24 hours to go!!! 800K reached! As behind the scenes as it gets!

Apr 25, 2013

Less than 24 hours to go!!!

Well, you know what the final stretch goal is! We'll remind you in a next update, but that's all there's left to reach on this wonderful KIckstarter campaign. Think we can do 200K in 24 hours ? The game is on!

800K reached!!!

Including Paypal, 800K is now reached!

Companions, check. Congratulations all on reaching this stretch goal!!! This game is getting better and better, so much in fact that we're starting to wonder what's going to be left for us to do afterwards   :)

Since we just did a big companion update,  we're not going to redo it here. If you've seen it, you know that as a RPG aficionado you should rejoice! There are going to be some seriously wicked companions roaming around the world of Rivellon! 

stretchgoalsUpdate.jpg

As behind the scenes as it gets

This is the type stuff our audience is never supposed to see, but which we deal with on a daily basis. Full monty! It's the type of stuff you can participate in if your tier includes alpha or beta access. Check out the add-ons below if you're in doubt.

Don't forget - closing event

The kickstarter campaign has been going so well for us that we've been stepping up the rate of updates, and we plan to go out on a bang! In the final four hours of the Kickstarter campaign, Swen and David will be playing Divinity: Original Sin together, live on twitch.tv. Will they co-operate? Or compete?

DOS_TWITCH_coopsmall.jpg

In Closing

This campaign has seen whole RPG communities mobilise to support us. We never expected so much support & it's been very motivating for us. We also noticed there's quite a few creative people out there following our Kickstarter, and so we wanted to share with you some of their work :)

2qkl8ao.jpg

2EeCv.gif

dxk7t3.jpg

RXB0jzF.png

B9nbGJu.png

9719.png

DOS_RPGWatch.jpg

DOS_TWITCH_newCover.jpg
Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 2
35167v4.jpg

Oh, but it's much worse than that. It was itchy already at the get-go. You immediately get it under your skin and then you have been infected with the weresheep madness. It's like a beautiful drug with side effects that you are happy with. In short, the weresheep are a cool Larian-smitten bunch that loves a great CRPG when they see one. Beware, it's quite contagious! BAAH!

Oh, I see the appeal. No question about it. It just seems (to me, personally) that this thing is starting to go a bit overboard, from a neat little joke to a repetitive "not-this-again" one. But yeah, BAAH.

Oh it's only on the foreground this much due to the KS, I'm sure it'll die down quite a bit once the KS ends. Until the next time they do something, I'm pretty sure it'll resurface... ;)

Also companions!!!!!!!!! Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

I haven't really been keeping up, did they just get like 200k in 2 days?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't really been keeping up, did they just get like 200k in 2 days?

Yup, I'd never have thought given how slow things started out. Keyrock's unwavering faith has shamed us all!

Would be pretty insane if they managed to 1m goal too... ;)

• Like 1

Some of those pictures in Update 31 are hilarious!

happy02.gif

These Belgian folks sure have a great sense of humor.  This has been quite possibly the most fun Kickstarter campaign yet. 

thumb03.gif

Edit:  Also, I plan to keep using the "It's going to be awesome" gif in the future, meme style.

SokOzyi.gif

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This has been quite possibly the most fun Kickstarter campaign yet. 

thumb03.gif

Proabbly one of the best organised as well. Though I haven't really been following it, what I did see was very well handled.

Of course they actually have stuff to show unlike so many other campaign ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Surprise Event! Live session with Jim Sterling from Destructoid on Twitch TV

Update #32 · Apr 25, 2013

Swen will be doing a live stream session of Divinity: Original Sin with Jim Sterling from Destructoid momentarily!

So head on over to our Twitch Tv Channel NOW to watch!

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Turn based, looks smooth, mac version, loved Divine Divinity and its soundtrack, and largely down to LordCrash's enthusiasm I've sent them some of my gold. Another cloth map to put up!

Thank you, good sir or madam.  Your support is appreciated, and yes, LordCrash is awesome, as well as everyone else supporting this game.

thumb03.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'll be glad it's over; deleting these daily Kickstarter updates form my mailbox was getting annoying.

But you do know that there is something called "e-mail filters"? So why complaining about something you could stop on your own with just one or two clicks..... :getlost:

35167v4.jpg

I'll be glad it's over; deleting these daily Kickstarter updates form my mailbox was getting annoying.

But you do know that there is something called "e-mail filters"? So why complaining about something you could stop on your own with just one or two clicks..... :getlost:

I think it's a sort of hidden compliment about the regularity of the updates.

Also I think I'm gonna add $150 for fanday after all...

It is a bit bought-you-drink-at-bar, didn't-expect-marriage on the update front. Then again once I've stuck in the money I don't generally read the updates anyway.

Virumor Drudanae's clearly contributed in order to get the updates, so he's obviously a warm and fuzzy closet romantic at heart despite his cold and jaded exterior.

I must admit the amount of updates on this KS can be a bit....over the top. There have been 5 in the past 30 hours, for example. :disguise:

But one can always turn email delivery of updates off temporarily, if one wishes, and just check the KS project page when one feels like it. Altho, I think that option turns off all project updates, not just a specific project. Still...it's an option.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah...I missed that, just saw the email-icon you can click on and off. Do you know if that stops email notification of pledge reward surveys and the like, too? That's one reason I haven't turned them off on any project...I was worried about that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah...I missed that, just saw the email-icon you can click on and off. Do you know if that stops email notification of pledge reward surveys and the like, too? That's one reason I haven't turned them off on any project...I was worried about that.

I don't know, but unanswered surveys should always shown top of kickstarter pages until you answer them, even if you turn all notifications off.

Haha, I have something new for you now.....you guess it?....yeah, it's an update! :)

Update #33 : Jim Sterling is a star + 10 reasons why people should pledge
Apr 26, 2013

10 reasons why you should pledge

We're biased, but we are told the folk at Kotaku aren't. When they say "I can guarantee you it'll be worth your money" people should listen! 

To lend weight to their argument, they just listed 10 reasons to pledge for Divinity: Original Sin

Spread it to all your RPG friends and we'll reach the last stretch goal in no time. Or perhaps if you still have some change you want to part with, up your pledge a bit. Maybe you want to include some beta or alpha access in your pledge and become part of this cool 

. If but half our backers do that, we'll be at the last stretch goal in no time. All it takes is to click that manage your pledge button and add a little a bit on top. You will gain RPG karma ;)

Jim Sterling is a star

When Jim Sterling from Destructoid woke up this morning, he had no idea he was going to be receiving a twitter message from Larian Studios, asking him if he felt like playing Divinity:Original Sin. 

When Swen Vincke from Larian Studios woke up this morning, he had no idea he was going to send a twitter message to Jim Sterling of Destructoid, asking him if he felt like playing Divinity:Original Sin.

But Jim tweeted something and Swen remembered Jim saying something about wanting to spend more attention to independent developers. So Swen tweeted and Jim tweeted back. And so the tweeting parties found themselves but a few hours later on Larian Studios' twitch TV channel and on Destructoid's front page, playing Divinity:Original Sin live in front of a very nice audience.

Chances are you missed this event, because it was literally announced the moment both gentlemen went live. But luckily for you, it was recorded. Here is Jim Sterling vs Swen Vincke. Here is the video in which you discover Jim has a grand career ahead of him as a voice actor!     

Don't forget - tomorrow it's party time
DOS_TWITCH_coopsmall.jpg
35167v4.jpg

Virumor Drudanae's clearly contributed in order to get the updates, so he's obviously a warm and fuzzy closet romantic at heart despite his cold and jaded exterior.

So, what you're saying is that underneath that think, crunchy, rye bread crust is an interior made of duck liver pâté?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm on $85 now, and that is my limit. Absolutely. Two copies and Dragon Commander. Yes. No more. No sirree.

• Like 1