Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter

C2B

Hello everyone! Just noticed this thread here on the Obsidian forums and I wanted to say THANK YOU for taking an interest in Divinity: Original Sin!

I'm the writer over at Larian Studios and I first came here because of the Project Eternity Kickstarter campaign. I've always enjoyed Obsidian RPGs very much and I hope our team too will create a game to be remembered.

So thanks very much for your support, you guys and gals are great! I've already seen some familiar names on the Larian forums. That's just awesome and you are all very welcome!

Go weresheep!  :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Update 20 : Overview of add-ons and reward tiers

Apr 20, 2013

No new content in this update. Instead a handy list of add-ons and rewards, as requested by the Weresheep Of Original Sin

Shipping physical goods

• All physical goods ship free if you are in the US or Europe. If you live in Europe, you need to select US shipping when you pledge. We'll know from your address that you're in Europe, so don't worry.
  • If you already added an extra amount to your pledge to cover the shipping cost and live in Europe, you can remove the shipping cost by using the "manage your pledge" button.

Dragon Commander inclusion

• Every tier above 95$ as well as the 95$ digital tier receive a copy of Divinity:Dragon Commander. The physical 95$ tier does not get a copy of Divinity:Dragon Commander. 
  • Lower tiers can get a copy Divinity:Dragon Commander by adding 40$.

Divinity: Original Sin Add-ons

Digital add-ons (Require base tier pledge of $25):

• Divine Divinity Digital Version (HD): add $5
  • Weresheep Forum Badge, In the Credits as a Weresheep, a hint: add $6
  • THE Hint concerning the Weresheep: add $666
  • Digital Artbook featuring the Art of Divinity Original Sin: add $8
  • Digital Map of the World of Divinity Original Sin: add $8
  • Digital Soundtrack of Divinity Original Sin: add $10
  • Extra Digital Copy of Divinity Original Sin: add $20
  • Beta Access for Divinity Original Sin: add $20
  • Alpha Access for Divinity Original Sin: add $50 (includes beta access)
  • Fanday Ticket: add $150
  • Divinity Anthology (digital): add $20
  • Divinity Dragon Commander (digital): add $40

Physical add-ons (Require physical tier at $65 or higher):

• Cloth Map: add $25
  • Signed Poster: add $25
  • T-Shirt Weresheep Logo: add $25
  • T-Shirt Divinity Original Sin: add $25

For those wondering how to get add-on(s) on Kickstarter, you must add the amount over your base tier selection. Select your tier - or leave your current tier selected - and then change the amount in the top box that is your total 'Pledge Amount' to cover the cost of the add-on(s)

Tier overview

For those wondering which add-on(s) come with which tiers, you can re-check your tier rewards here:

rewards_Matrix_Physical_big.jpg

rewards_Matrix_Digital_big.jpg

In closing

This

is not getting enough views. Nor is

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Macbeth: I had no idea, a Larian friend in our midst here! :D

I recall that I appreciated your posts back when PE was launching on KS, and now that you've come clean, I must say, thank you, good sir for making a wonderful game! :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Divinity series is simply too obscure and never left that big a mark to attract the same amount of cash as Wasteland and Torment.

Sad but true. The quality of the Divinity series is really high but it was always more the underdog compared to the much better known D&D classics.

35167v4.jpg

Hello everyone! Just noticed this thread here on the Obsidian forums and I wanted to say THANK YOU for taking an interest in Divinity: Original Sin!

I'm the writer over at Larian Studios and I first came here because of the Project Eternity Kickstarter campaign. I've always enjoyed Obsidian RPGs very much and I hope our team too will create a game to be remembered.

So thanks very much for your support, you guys and gals are great! I've already seen some familiar names on the Larian forums. That's just awesome and you are all very welcome!

Go weresheep! :thumbsup:

Yess, a riddle: if you manage to translate my name (it's a slightly messed up translation of my real nick I use when it's not available) you'll know who I am on the Larian forums. As a hint: the correct translation would have been "morelooke".

Divinity series is simply too obscure and never left that big a mark to attract the same amount of cash as Wasteland and Torment.

Sad but true. The quality of the Divinity series is really high but it was always more the underdog compared to the much better known D&D classics.

The trouble they've had in the past didn't help any: LMK got shelved, Divine Divinity was released before it was ready (I know I didn't pick it up way back then because of all the bugs I heard about). After that I personally kinda lost track of them until I noticed Dragon Knight Saga during some steam sales.

I really do hope D:OS is gonna break them into the "big" cRPG audience.

• Every tier above 95$ as well as the 95$ digital tier receive a copy of Divinity:Dragon Commander. The physical 95$ tier does not get a copy of Divinity:Dragon Commander. 

They changed their mind then. In the last update they said that you needed to pledge more than 95 in order to get the free dragon commander. Now you have to pledge to a tier higher than 95. Might seem like a minor change but its 54$ (150-96) if you had no addons and even more if you had addons that pushed you over 95$

Macbeth: I had no idea, a Larian friend in our midst here! :D

I recall that I appreciated your posts back when PE was launching on KS, and now that you've come clean, I must say, thank you, good sir for making a wonderful game! :)

Thank you Indira, for your very kind compliments.  :)

I promise you I'll do my very best!

• Like 1

Yess, a riddle: if you manage to translate my name (it's a slightly messed up translation of my real nick I use when it's not available) you'll know who I am on the Larian forums. As a hint: the correct translation would have been "morelooke".

Cool! My Professor Layton instincts should help me here. I should have a look and see what I can find! ;)

• Like 1

Macbeth, now that we know your secret identity, you have to help make the game extra awesome.

That, my dear friend, is my mission in life! :)

• Like 2

I think the move to turn-based is turning some away, too. Not me personally, but just saying. I've seen a lot of comments to that effect in other forums, even from people who've played the previous games.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think the move to turn-based is turning some away, too. Not me personally, but just saying. I've seen a lot of comments to that effect in other forums, even from people who've played the previous games.

Judging from what I've seen from the gameplay so far I think that's mostly due to prejudice stemming from unfamiliarity than anything else. Alas, no way to convince them otherwise without getting them to play the game I guess... :(

Just as it's bringing in a lot of ppl who's preferred combat systems are turn based, who otherwise might not be interested.

Judging from what I've seen from the gameplay so far I think that's mostly due to prejudice stemming from unfamiliarity than anything else. Alas, no way to convince them otherwise without getting them to play the game I guess... :(

I suspect at least some of them will still buy the game when it's released in a final form, assuming the final form still interests them at all. Some just aren't willing to "fund" it, even if they are sorta interested.

...I haven't backed many KS projects at all, for instance, despite the fact many have been interesting/tempting. While I support KS's model for game/other funding, it just takes a lot to let loose my credit card for online purchase of anything. I didn't even have an Amazon account until Project Eternity finally got me to make one. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They changed their mind then. In the last update they said that you needed to pledge more than 95 in order to get the free dragon commander. Now you have to pledge to a tier higher than 95. Might seem like a minor change but its 54$ (150-96) if you had no addons and even more if you had addons that pushed you over 95$

I fall into the same category, but I did only skim the text and didn't really think about the literal wording. Heck, I'm actually over $150 but at the $95 physical tier so no DC for me at this stage.

Actually what would probably be most efficient for me is to downgrade that pledge on the KS site a bit, then make a separate, additional pledge, for the $65 digital tier on their website via Paypal. Kind of silly on the surface but I have absolutely no interest in game-design type rewards.

EDIT: Actually need to register another Kickstarter account instead of the Paypal option since the limited quantity tiers aren't available directly. My economic rationalism is making me jump through all these hoops.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think the problem is more that Torment (and to a lesser extend Shroud of the Avatar) did attract so much cash, in the same month. So there's not much left in people's budgets for Divinity, no matter how appealing it might be.

• Like 2

Go weresheep!  :thumbsup:

Hi Macbeth :)

Yes we are all really excited about this KS.

LordCrash and Indira have been excellent ambassadors for the game  and have been studiously keeping us updated around the progress of the KS, I have to say its really great to have people like yourself from Larian Studio's taking the time to comment. I can only imagine how busy you must be so if time permits your posts  would always be appreciated, but of course this is not something anyone expects. Its just a bonus :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some info from Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter :
●۪۫۰ Like the Facebook page (http://to.ly/l5Vy
●۪۫۰ Kirill recordin !! (Recording starts at 4:15) (http://to.ly/l7vZ
●۪۫۰ Post everywhere about Divinity: Original Sin 
●۪۫۰ Recruit a friend or even double your pledge :) 
●۪۫۰ Add a Weresheep, Divinity Anthology or Dragon Commander to your pledge 
●۪۫۰ Join the steam group (http://to.ly/l5VA
●۪۫۰ The paypal pledge option (http://to.ly/l5VB
Want to join the Weresheep of Original Sin (WoOS), a bunch of die-hard fans of Divinity fans in the KS comment section! How to become a member? It's quite simple: Upgrade your pledge by 6 $ and you're in. Then simply expand your Kickstarter-Username with "-Weresheep of Sin" or "WoOS" and start commenting on Kickstarter. Help us spread the word about Divinity: Original Sin! ...Read more about the Weresheep lore (http://to.ly/l5WC). Visit the Weresheep Home (http://weresheep.net/) and Facebook (http://to.ly/l7fd).
Members of the Weresheep of Original Sin can enter into a members free game giveaway. This is not sponsored by Larian, and was something a couple Weresheep members came up with. More details can be found at: http://goo.gl/YGHiI.

We now have 12,223 awesome backers that gathered 575,041$! 

But we still need help with reaching some delicious stretch goals :D
post-51891-0-02667200-1366539306_thumb.jpg

watcher_zps2e08ddad.jpg

4 Days To Go, The Ultimate Preview, Live stream, Reddit AMA, Stretch Goals Video, Imps vs Commander!

The most in-depth Divinity Original Sin preview ever! 

Who could expect that one of the most detailed & extensive hands-on reports to be released would come from somebody whose day job does not involve pretending he knows anything about games?

Meet Gragt. 

He played Divinity:Original Sin, he played Divinity:Dragon Commander. Then he decided to write down his experiences. We predict a great career in gaming journalism. Nice job Gragt! 

Here's his preview (warning: do not put something in the oven when starting to read this!)

Live stream tomorrow

Tomorrow, Monday April 21st, at 17:30 GMT+1, we’ll tempt fate and play a pre-alpha build with the German website PCGames.de, in real time, via twitch TV. 

Swen & Mháire, the hostess of PCGames' Kickstarter show "Shut Up And Take My Money", will be playing together for an hour or so. You'll be able to see how somebody who has never played Divinity: Original Sin before, experiences the game. 

Even if the site is in German, we’ll be talking in English so everybody can join. Stuff will go wrong, but it’ll add to the fun. Did we mention this is pre-alpha already?  

You'll be able to follow the live stream via www.pcgames.de or via www.divinityoriginalsin.com

Reddit Ask Me Anything 

By popular demand, we’ll also be doing a Reddit AMA starting Tuesday at 19:00 GMT+1. We'll try to answer as much questions as we can, but as we already have blisters on our fingers,  we're hoping for a bit of community support :)

The link will be posted in a future update. 

Stretch Goals Video 

We prepared a little video for you with some examples of what reaching the Stretch Goals would mean for Divinity: Orginal Sin. We tried to keep it short, but it should give you some idea.

Imp vs Commander

We want to thank both the RPGWatch and the RPGCodex for the fundraisers they’ve been holding to back Divinity: Original Sin. To show our gratitude, we came up with a bit of extra lore that we’ll happily include should both communities agree.

We probably shouldn't refer to the little red guys as imps, but the troll-position is already taken in Divinity: Original Sin. 

The Curious Tale Of Commander Myrthos And The Little Red Riding Imps

You'll find many a curious place in Rivellon, but none - Zixzax the Imp Historian will tell you - is quite as curious as the Shelter Plane At The End of Time. Fabulous indeed, would be the heroes who come to inhabit this enigmatic abode, and just as fabulous (as they'd soon find out) are the critters that live there! 

No one - and when we say 'no one' we mean 'not even Bellegar' - knows where these red, diminutive demon imps come from, but even though they live at the very edge of the cosmos, a hunter haunts their path ... 

Myrthos he is called, and rumour has it he is not alone. Does he stalk them because they wronged his kin? Have they broken a sacred oath? Are the forces of the very Divines at work? We can only guess, but the fact of the matter is that a sinister feud is slumbering beneath the surface of an already troubled realm. 

Myrthos and his guild obey the mighty Watch. The Red Riding Imps swear by the ancient Codex. Between the two of them there is no common ground; by every oath imaginable they are sworn enemies that seek one another's destruction. 

You decide the outcome...

In Closing

We have no clue how the duel between the imps and the watch will

. But since imminent destruction cannot be ruled out anymore, we want both the Imps and the Watch to know that they've always been a great source of both motivation and inspiration to us.

Finally, if you haven't yet, please spread the word about our campaign. There are 4 days left, and we'd still like to make some of those stretch goals.

in there. Edited by Blackfalcon

The Reddit AMA will help a bit, they always do.  It probably would have been better to have done it earlier in the campaign, during the midst of the dead period, but better late than never, and who knows it may work out even better during what should be the beginning of the final push.  Anyway, here's hoping for a wildly successful final 4 days.

:yes:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Might add on Dragon Commander based on Gragt's preview, though technically, buying it full price on launch is probably better for Larian. Ironically it actually isn't supporting them as much to get it for $40 through KS, no?

Depends on their cut from the usual sales, I suppose. The KS pledge may allow more money to reach Larian than a sale through a third-party retailer.

Even then, your logic also applies to any Kickstarter where the base game is available for less than retail through the campaign. And this campaign may generate pseudo-sales of Dragon Commander that would have otherwise not happened - I'd never heard of it before this campaign and got interested as a result.