Any Game like Project Eternity and Torment Tides of Numenera?

Hi everyone

Last year i became a backer for Project Eternity, and today i did the same with Torment Tides of numenera and wastelands 2, good rpg games that can be played in "old" PC's... but the wait is soooo long, i dont know what to play now. Im looking for games similar to these ones, but no the old games from 1990, I already played them in the past, im looking for current games, from the last years.

I had a lot of fun with Unepic (is not like these, is more like castlevania, but is impressive, if you didnt played it i highly recommend it) or Legend of Grimrock, a very immersive game that you want to finish it asap just to start it again, I also played driftmoon but i didnt like it, torchlight but too much hack'n slash... so... im asking you guys, what do you think? Any idea?

Im looking for old-like games cuz im playing with a notebook, AMD DualCore C-60 @1Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 256mb graphic card

Cant wait for Project Eternity!!

Thanks!!

yh, thanks, i already played the witcher and the witcher 2, and love them, also last week I tried avadon but didnt like it, too much text and not very good gameplay. now im giving a try to Inquisitor, and looks nice.

With current games i mean 5-10 years old, no need to be only 2012-13 games, is just i played in the past all that games we already know like baldurs gate, neverwinter, fallout, heroes of might and magic, dungeon keeper, icewind dale, ultima, quest for glory... some of them I tried to re-play again now but it was like lol how i was able to play in the past with that old-fashioned sprites and interfaces? no way, i need new stuff :yes:

oh man, i didnt know about that enhanced edition. thats what i was looking for! and it seems they will launch it for android soon, cant wait to play it on my Nexus 4!!

actually i only found the enhanced edition of BG1, well it doesnt say 1, does it include 1 and 2 in the same pack?

I just need to be sure...you are playing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, aren't you?  ;)  Supporting the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 will provide the needed funds for a 'Baldur's Gate Next.'

You think that's a good idea considering who's currently doing the job?

• Like 2

With current games i mean 5-10 years old, no need to be only 2012-13 games, is just i played in the past all that games we already know like baldurs gate, neverwinter, fallout, heroes of might and magic, dungeon keeper, icewind dale, ultima, quest for glory... some of them I tried to re-play again now but it was like lol how i was able to play in the past with that old-fashioned sprites and interfaces? no way, i need new stuff :yes:

Well, Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines is less than 10 year old.

I just need to be sure...you are playing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, aren't you?  ;)  Supporting the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 will provide the needed funds for a 'Baldur's Gate Next.'

Maybe we'll get a fanservice menage trois with the new BG.

Well, the reason everyone is so hyped about P:E and T:ToN is because there weren't that many good games in the genre lately... If you don't mind a little hack&slash I would recommend Bastion (in case you are one of those two people who haven't played it yet) it has good gameplay and story. 

• Like 1

signqev.jpg

Definitely not. It will be terrible :(

Well, the reason everyone is so hyped about P:E and T:ToN is because there weren't that many good games in the genre lately... If you don't mind a little hack&slash I would recommend Bastion (in case you are one of those two people who haven't played it yet) it has good gameplay and story. 

thanks! it looks nice that game, i will give it a try

I may get flamed but have u tried dragon age origins?

yeah i did, along with FFXI is the best "simulator" game to kill a dragon. but atm im looking for "old-style" games, u know, isometric view, to play in a 256mb graphic card and 1ghz cpu netbook

Divine Divinity, it's 2002 but quite good.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hack n Slash, but do have a look at Path of Exile  :). IMO, what Diablo 3 should have been. It's just got *that* feeling so many new games are missing.

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Isometric, old-school RPGs:

Knights of the Chalice, a story-lite combat-heavy turn-based 4-party D&D RPG; one of the best D&D implementations in CRPG form ever. It's all about the battles.

Eschalon: Book 1 & 2 which is a rather quaint has-everything old school RPG, typical mix of exploration, combat, quests, etc. Story is humdrum, you only have 1 character but it's worth a try, I enjoyed Book 2 on its own.

Divine Divinity, from Larian, first looks like a pretty good Diablo clone but you suddenly find a huge world full of interesting quests, as you play more and more you discover it's a really great RPG + Diablo combat, rather than a Diablo clone. If you're enjoying Inquisitor you should love this.

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, which has the best CRPG storytelling since Torment, and OK combat.

Age of Decadence, as old school as old school can get, you die a lot, everyone wants to screw you over, the variety of choices you can make (and their horrible consequences) are unparalleled. A fairly extensive demo only, at the moment. One of the best implementations of single-character turn-based RPG combat.

Stuff like Torchlight, Path of Exile and Bastion really gets out of "games like P:E" category and really they're not the same kind of RPGs at all. 

• Like 2

Divine Divinity, it's 2002 but quite good.

**** skill system and repetitive combat. I could never progress that far due to how crappy I found the skill system to be. It's a shame since I loved the world design, quest design and music. Everything else clicked well together. Now that I think of it, Divinity 2 suffered from an equally lame skill system and had the same strengths as well.

OP, any mediocre first person rpg from the 90's is ten times better than Legend of Grimlock. There has to be some hidden old gem you haven't tried yet. 

Edited by Felithvian

While it's really more of an action RPG, leaning more towards action, I really cannot recommend Bastion highly enough. It's a pretty short and sweet game where everything just fits. Music, art direction, story, world, variable difficulty, weapons suited to a variety of play styles, it all comes together in one great little package.

• Like 1

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Divinity and Larian Needs your love gang, all the usual suspect from here are pledging :)

...http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin

Edited by mieu

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Age of Decadence, as old school as old school can get, you die a lot, everyone wants to screw you over, the variety of choices you can make (and their horrible consequences) are unparalleled. A fairly extensive demo only, at the moment. One of the best implementations of single-character turn-based RPG combat..

Don't recommend games that are likely going to be released after Eternity!