He's right, I did mention there would be more Arcanum and I didn't add the next "Season 0" continuation in the last update. Thought it was getting too long, but I will get a few more sessions in this coming Tuesday's update!

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Cool. They are fun to watch but I'm surprised really there's so much interest in it.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Waiting for 2014 will be so painful...

This. But at least we have these updates!
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Cool. They are fun to watch but I'm surprised really there's so much interest in it.

Lets plays actually seem quite popular on youtube, I guess people are interested in seeing how other people play and how the experience differs to their own? 

Edited by Serrano

I have no interest in it, other than in finding a convenient way to skip the comments. :p

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

From the newest Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/440456

Collaborating with Obsidian on Tech

As you know, we’ve been working on Wasteland 2 in Unity and will be implementing Torment in Unity as well. Meanwhile, about 20 minutes away, Obsidian Entertainment is creating Project Eternity, also in Unity. Though there are major differences between our games, there are also similarities as all are RPGs built in the same engine. As many of you have suggested, it only makes sense that we collaborate where we can. Weare happy to announce that we at inXile and the great guys over at Obsidian have reached an agreement to share tools and technology when it makes sense. This will allow both companies to be more cost-effective
on these projects, allowing your pledges to go further in terms of creating art, content, gameplay, and game polish. Vive le classic RPG revolution!

• Like 3
35167v4.jpg

I wonder what stuff InXile have that Obsidian would use, as they are further along in their iteration points on Wasteland 2 than Obsidian is on P:E

InXile are in front with WL 2, but they used it for a 3D environment while Obsidan is in front for 2(.5)D environments which might be used in Torment as well. So I think that they could learn from each other quite a lot (basic tools and special approaches). :)

35167v4.jpg

What that bit of news, hopefully, means is that Torment will have 2D pre-rendered backgrounds. They've not confirmed it, but have been hinting heavily that it's the direction they're taking.

My only worry with Torment was that they'd use fully 3D environments (like Wasteland 2, which doesn't much appeal to me), if they confirm 2.5D IE/PE style graphics I'm ready to quadruple my backing level.

• Like 1
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

My only worry with Torment was that they'd use fully 3D environments (like Wasteland 2, which doesn't much appeal to me), if they confirm 2.5D IE/PE style graphics I'm ready to quadruple my backing level.

I do like the ability to rotate your view in Wasteland 2. That probably makes more sense in a game where most of the combat is ranged.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I do like the ability to rotate your view in Wasteland 2. That probably makes more sense in a game where most of the combat is ranged.

They've made positive noises about it, though I don't remember if they've actually confirmed it yet.

Lets plays actually seem quite popular on youtube, I guess people are interested in seeing how other people play and how the experience differs to their own? 

I sometimes watch lets plays to see how other people do stuff, but my main use of lets plays is a way to preview and review a game. Screw big news site reviews, watching someone else play the game is a million times better.

• Like 1

I sometimes watch lets plays to see how other people do stuff, but my main use of lets plays is a way to preview and review a game. Screw big news site reviews, watching someone else play the game is a million times better.

Yeah, that's why I usually watch Let's Play's, too. I don't often watch entire Let's Plays's ... I'll jump/skip around the first couple, to get an idea of interface/gameplay without spoiling myself too much. I find that a lot more helpful than written descriptions. But occasionally a LP-er is very entertaining/funny, if you're familiar with the game already, and then I'll watch for the comedy hilarity/the LP's charisma...but that's not often.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wow really, really nice fellas! Cant wait for the two week mark.... looking forward to seeing this in action. Just wondering though, will you show us screenshots or a live feed of some alpha gameplay (like Shadowrun guys did).

We're going to show the exterior environment running in game, but gameplay may be limited/absent.  We're not as far along in our development cycle as the Shadowrun (or Wasteland 2) teams.

• Like 4