Easter eggs and in-jokes are fine for me too.

But I do not really want to have connections between these two universes because of two things:

- I would like that the two different teams working on these games (even if Chris Avellone would work on both) explore different pathways, different stories, expand creativity all along. It could extend with more games from each IP, novellas... And fans could help after playing these games: look at youtube video about music, or think about mods (even if Torment would not have a mod tool to modify the story)... Or why not fans trying to write something about each universe? I certainly will (even if I am not a professional writer or novelist), like I did for the early MMOs I played back in the days.

- TToN is based on the Numenera setting, and I remember Feargus saying some months ago, that he would be happy to make board games or Pen and Paper roleplaying games. Some video games had supplements or entire new PnP games, like Dragon Age, Diablo II, Myth... I would be very happy too if PE would have a PnP version, and if it would allow PC and GM to explore the PE's universe. Same thing for Numenera and the Ninth World and the Bloom...

Have a PnP campaign mixing these universes would fun, I agree, and as a GM, I would be tempted to. :p

But two universes, two times more of creatitivy!

Edited by Huinehtar

Update from Torment Devs and they marked it as [NOT PLANNED]. All good by me :)

Torment (Dev Team, Torment Website) responded  ·   Mar 27, 2013

There is one aspect here that could happen, which is if Chris wanted to make inside references to Project Eternity (the rest of us aren’t involved in that project, remember, and it won’t be released until well after our pre-production). So long as they didn’t break immersion, we’d be totally cool with that.

Direct content wouldn’t work though. Even with the underlying Unity Engine being the same between the two projects, what our programmers and what Obsidian’s programmers build on top of it will be very different. It’s kind of the same way as trying to drop a Planescape: Torment NPC file into Baldur’s Gate. Both used the Infinity Engine, but there would be enough unrecognized command calls in the PST file to crash the game.

Edited by Osvir

I'd be ok if Ribsmasher showed up in both games.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm confused... is he "ribs-masher," or "rib-smasher"? Smashing ribs and mashing ribs are two completely different things. u_u

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I could see some half crazed Cipher babbling about the Bloom in rather nebulous terms, or other aspects of Numenera. I really wouldn't like to see anything as blatant as items or weapons drawing on the lore of either plane however, that fit in BG and IWD because after all they're on the same continent, but the Planescape ones always felt a little anachronous.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm confused... is he "ribs-masher," or "rib-smasher"? Smashing ribs and mashing ribs are two completely different things. u_u

I believe his rantings mention smashing ribs, so I would bet Rib-smasher.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Update from Torment Devs and they marked it as [NOT PLANNED]. All good by me :)

Torment (Dev Team, Torment Website) responded  ·   Mar 27, 2013

There is one aspect here that could happen, which is if Chris wanted to make inside references to Project Eternity (the rest of us aren’t involved in that project, remember, and it won’t be released until well after our pre-production). So long as they didn’t break immersion, we’d be totally cool with that.

Direct content wouldn’t work though. Even with the underlying Unity Engine being the same between the two projects, what our programmers and what Obsidian’s programmers build on top of it will be very different. It’s kind of the same way as trying to drop a Planescape: Torment NPC file into Baldur’s Gate. Both used the Infinity Engine, but there would be enough unrecognized command calls in the PST file to crash the game.

Thanks for the update, I still think its a good idea :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As far as I remember, in Neverwinter Nights 2, Zhjaeve (a githzerai companion) made a reference to Dak'kon from Torment in a casual conversation you were having with her. It wasn't anything major - just a throw away line, how he was a famous githzerai hero or something. I would be totally cool with something like that in PE or TToN but definetely not a full cameo by a character or a location.

Waiter! Fresh underwear, seven blankets and a bucket of moist towelettes!