Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

The official Torment 2 boards?  I know Wasteland ones were a bit too scary for me.

Me too. A nice look, but a tad uninviting plus a wonky interface. I could never tell if my postings were successful there. :huh:

I really don't like that board. I found that there are a handful of regular users who constantly posted novel-length replies to each other that were (in my opinion) rather devoid of content and it would push everybody elses replies off the page and suffocate any real discussion. I ended up making a lot of posts in the 'we want your mission ideas' thread and mostly just ignored the rest. For what it's worth, I liked your posts over there ;)

Edited by maggotheart

Yeah it happens here.  It just seemed to be more prevalent when I was posting.

It also helps that in posting here, I don't really post about Project Eternity.  I remember seeing a lot of what it meant to be an Infinity Engine game as well.  I don't really go over to the PE forums here anymore in large part because of that.

i never go to the PE boards and i basically live on this website

too many weirdos over there :)

• Like 2

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Yeah its the Bioware travelling circus all over again.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I think those forums are hung up on technical questions which I have little desire to discuss. 

The stuff I'm interested in, like story and characters, and visual design is still pretty much an unknown.

I enjoy the main PE forums, there are some people who seriously spend loads of time discussing interesting points like Female Armour,  Romance\Sex and the Design a Monster  threads started by one of our regular members JFSOCC. But of course the word "interesting" is relative. I do find myself just naturally gravitating to this section of the Obsidian forums because I do it more insightful and topics more varied

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

have you been on the BSN?

it is quite possibly one of the most disgusting places on the internet...I feel less bad about being a part of the human race watching holocaust slideshows than I do whenever i venture into that sh*t hole.

Aside from being little busier, personally, I'm bit tired of "internet politics".  I don't mind any opinion from any part of board or community and I don't like to be involved with political issues when simply talking of game functions.  There must be better ways to use boards whether through voting system, search functions or any other ways to filter posts/topics.  The net is just mass of info and we cannot find any usefulness if the data is not sorted according to our needs.

it is quite possibly one of the most disgusting places on the internet...I feel less bad about being a part of the human race watching holocaust slideshows than I do whenever i venture into that sh*t hole.

:biggrin:  Come on BSN isn't that bad, but you did make me chuckle with your hyperbole

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:biggrin:  Come on BSN isn't that bad, but you did make me chuckle with your hyperbole

When you think it can't get worse, there is always the Youtube comment section ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I don't think I'll ever venture near a Numenera forum. I had enough "A billion years? That is not possible! Monte knows nothing." from a real life aquaintance.

Hi Melk :)

I haven't been to the Numenera forums yet, they sound a little hectic for my personal taste :skeptical:

John Milton 

Impressions in the following order:

tumblr_mf73zr2HN21qk7k77o1_500.gif

stallone-tommygun.gif

batman_25.gif

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 3

I'm usually not one to judge, but that was rather distasteful.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."