Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

It's going to get funded at any rate, and it'll still be available for purchase when it comes out if you decide to change your mind. :)

I think sometimes people get a bit... obsessive over their (and others) kickstarter pledges. It's good to remember that the games will be available for purchase when they come out. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah I was iffy about Shadowrun Returns (never played the previous SR video games, only marginally familiar with the P&P setting). But if it continues to shape up well it'll certainly be worth getting ont he backend.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

To be honest, I saw the screenshot and decided to cancel my pledge.  I wasn't super into it to begin with, but I just think this setting doesn't appeal to me.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Planescape setting either, so I think it is just me.  

I have a lot of other stuff pledged, and this isn't hurting for pledges, so I think it's the right choice.

Curious. I mean, you already saw the Bloom consept art,right? How is the screenshot diffirent? What did you expect?

To be honest, I saw the screenshot and decided to cancel my pledge.  I wasn't super into it to begin with, but I just think this setting doesn't appeal to me.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Planescape setting either, so I think it is just me.  

I have a lot of other stuff pledged, and this isn't hurting for pledges, so I think it's the right choice.

Curious. I mean, you already saw the Bloom consept art,right? How is the screenshot diffirent? What did you expect?

It's less about the screenshot quality and more about the setting for me.  The screenshot just didn't capture my imagination.  I had been skeptical about the setting beforehand, and the screenshot simply reinforced my concerns. 

• Like 1

I hope for better texture quality and all, but as an early shot, works for me. Good stuff.

Off-topic, but when you will return to BG2 LP? It has been ages :verymad:

I know, and when I do have a little bit of free time I've been distracted by other games. 

It'll definitely be back to frequent updates in May and early June, when I hope to get to the Underdark at least. Before that, no promises but I'll try...

Re: Numenera I like how it already has a clear visual identity, I still think P:E is a bit shaky on that front though the waterfall shot helps.

Is that a xenomorph above the candle lit pool?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I won't cancel my pledge, but I feel the same way. I'm willing to see it through and maybe be surprised. The dark brooding settings I can only stand for so long.

Definitely a game I should play during summer.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Damn, inXile did it, an animated 2.5D prerendered version of tomorrow's screenshot.... :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WMawPxU8Kw&feature=youtu.be

WHERE IS YOUR ANIMATED SCREENSHOT FOR PE, OBSIDIAN??? :aiee:

:banana:   That's pretty sweet.

To those hating on the gloomy/dark atmosphere/environment, you do realize the name of the game is Torment, right?  Just sayin'.

:-

In all seriousness, I understand this kind of environment won't be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine.  I personally like the Morrowind-esque feel of it a lot.  To each their own. 

:thumbsup:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Presumably not meant to go live till tomorrow's update.

We have seen into [ominous echoed voice]the future![/ominous echoed voice]

:wowey:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Brian never had any luck with screenshots. I'm fine with it, whatever, it's just that it's the last 4 days, you should be helping people to make the right choice to pledge, and instead you give them an unfinished, unpolished, hurried screenshot. The right part of it is completely messed up.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Aaaargggh I didn't know that video has been on YT... Now I will have to wait like others :(

The screenshot is fine for me. It fits the idea I had about The Bloom. Maybe InXile should have tried to make a screenshot from the Sagus Cliff instead, to please people unfamiliar with dark organic locations. But, as you said, it's Torment, indeed, and since the first artwork we have seen is from the Bloom, I understand they chose this location for their first screenshot.

I don't know if you have noticed it, but InXile has finally updated their artwork's page, with the Oasis: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/media

I would love to have this Oasis in game! I fear that the project could not reach further stretchgoals to include it :(