Torment backers trying to steal our MCA!

They are already 83% there (2.89 mil / 3.5 mil)...

Well, inXile claims that this will not interfere with Avellone's work on Project Eternity.

Let's hold them accountable to that!

:grin:

No it will be fine, haven't you seen the latest PE update? Obsidian has perfected cloning and there will be two Chris Avellone's in the unlikely, but hopeful, event that Torment reaches  $3.5 million.

So we won't see the PE experience diluted in any respects.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

To be honest, MCA's involvment in Torment is really tame. He writes what? one companion. And it doesn't even sound like he does it alone if I'm interpreting the Colin/Cook comment right. *Supervising*, here, probably just contains looking things over and giving helpful comments. It's not like he's the editor.

inXile already stole him once for Wasteland 2 now this!  I am filled with righteous indignation and outrage!

You know if the same people are going to keep working for both companies maybe they should just...you know...become one company.  Obsdianxile

I dunno about these extra kickstarter goals.

150,000 for him? Won't believe it unless I see a picture of them handing him a check with 150,000 on it. 

Well in addition to the stretch goal they also supposedly expand the game a certain percentage for each 10K dollars raised.  Not sure how they measure that though...

You are all foolish.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I must have missed the initial public offering of stock in MCA...

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I feel like every Kickstarter should start throwing George Ziets and Chris Avellone on as a stretch goal, regardless of the actual purpose of the Kickstarter. Veronica Mars? Ziets and Avellone! Comfortable plus-sized women's wear? Ziets and Avellone! Wool hats with animal faces on them? Ziets and Avellone!

• Like 2
jcod0.png

I feel like every Kickstarter should start throwing George Ziets and Chris Avellone on as a stretch goal, regardless of the actual purpose of the Kickstarter. Veronica Mars? Ziets and Avellone! Comfortable plus-sized women's wear? Ziets and Avellone! Wool hats with animal faces on them? Ziets and Avellone!

I'm still waiting for the bobbleheads.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

hey as long as it dosent interfere with their work on project eternity...id say let them have it. Avellone and ziets deserve as much work and cash as they can handle. It nets them more cash and lets them spread their wonderful influence into more games, id say go for it.

As long as it dont interfere with project eternity of course :)

150,000 for him? Won't believe it unless I see a picture of them handing him a check with 150,000 on it. 

perhaps you were kidding, but that's just not how stretch goals work at all. The idea that the amount of money between stretch goals is literally the cost of the following stretch goal is not correct, not sure why so many people seem to think this...

All money is supposed to go into making a better game (more writers and coders, better quality assurance, and of course once all that has been fulfilled, peoples' pay going up); adding a stronghold to PE, for example, didn't cost 200k, just as hiring George Ziets likely didn't cost exactly 100k.

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

I'm glad that they've got Chris involved in the project, I think overseer over creative content is good to make sure the game has the right tone and feel.

Edited by Sensuki

Maybe now they'll get over that hump they've been on for the last week.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

inXile already stole him once for Wasteland 2 now this!  I am filled with righteous indignation and outrage!

You know if the same people are going to keep working for both companies maybe they should just...you know...become one company.  Obsdianxile

I kinda like "inObsile," or "Obxilian." 8P

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

perhaps you were kidding, but that's just not how stretch goals work at all. The idea that the amount of money between stretch goals is literally the cost of the following stretch goal is not correct, not sure why so many people seem to think this...

All money is supposed to go into making a better game (more writers and coders, better quality assurance, and of course once all that has been fulfilled, peoples' pay going up); adding a stronghold to PE, for example, didn't cost 200k, just as hiring George Ziets likely didn't cost exactly 100k.

They totally don't increase people's pay after these goals are reached. 

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance.