Windows phone

Aoyagi

So, any of of you using a Windows phone? I got a Lumia 920 and it's been getting on my nerves for 3 days already :)

I also have a Lumia. How is it getting on your nerves?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Well, the lack of user control for start. Then there is no file explorer, horrible music player, search button is annoying and useless, having to do workarounds to make the phone to not synchronize my private personal contacts with some cloud and all the other ways of trying to spy on the user. The variety of options you can change is laughable :/ . Then there is the lack of SD slot, the non-removable battery and inability to install applications outside of the Marketplace.

You have no issues with the phone?

Edit: Oh, and I'm not very fond of the word "app" :D

Edited by Aoyagi

Several of those issues are ones which would still trouble you on most modern phones.

The music player is actually not so bad at all. Synchronization of contacts over different platforms is great! I don't see how that could possibly be an issue in the first place.

What would you do with a proper file explorer on the phone? If you've really got to do something then you can always do it from your computer.

I agree in that the ability to customize the look of the phone is very limited. On the other hand I like the look of the UI, so I'm not complaining ;)

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

You can't do any of that with iphone either, maybe u should get a galaxy s4

Ah, but I want a phone that doesn't explode into billions of pieces when it falls to on concrete from 1m. And a nice camera. And really, screw Google. Plus, if I wanted a Linux phone, I'd get a proper one - Nokia N900 :) . I'm aware I can't do those things on iPhones, which was one of the reasons why I went for Windows. Sadly, it turns out it's almost the same thing.

Several of those issues are ones which would still trouble you on most modern phones.

The music player is actually not so bad at all. Synchronization of contacts over different platforms is great! I don't see how that could possibly be an issue in the first place.

What would you do with a proper file explorer on the phone? If you've really got to do something then you can always do it from your computer.

I agree in that the ability to customize the look of the phone is very limited. On the other hand I like the look of the UI, so I'm not complaining ;)

How can people be OK with that (considering some phones that are years old could do more) is beyond me.

Music player sorts songs by "album artist" instead of "artist" tags without any option to change it and it doesn't allow to filter music by folders. My Sansa Clip can do that. About contact synchronization - yes, it might be great if I was willing to trust Microsoft clouds and if it wasn't forced.

What would I do with file explorer? Well, open files I want, move, copy and delete them, send them over BT, open them without having to search for an application it uses and use poorly designed search function of said application.

Heh, by "options" I didn't mean mere looks of the phone. I mean, you can't even lock the automatic display rotation! :D

Metro is pretty nice on  cellphones, I've been saying that ever since I saw it :)

My Galaxys s3 has a  cracked screen. Can't be replaced without changing the touch panel as well which is very expensive, like half the cost of the phone. Pretty stupid. At least you can change a cracked sceen on an inphone.

But there is no way I would do without file handling and installing from any source.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why do you guys need on-phone file handling and open installing? Are you pirating stuff?

You can't do any of that with iphone either, maybe u should get a galaxy s4

Ah, but I want a phone that doesn't explode into billions of pieces when it falls to on concrete from 1m. And a nice camera. And really, screw Google. Plus, if I wanted a Linux phone, I'd get a proper one - Nokia N900 :) . I'm aware I can't do those things on iPhones, which was one of the reasons why I went for Windows. Sadly, it turns out it's almost the same thing.

>Several of those issues are ones which would still trouble you on most modern phones.

How can people be OK with that (considering some phones that are years old could do more) is beyond me.

Music player sorts songs by "album artist" instead of "artist" tags without any option to change it and it doesn't allow to filter music by folders. My Sansa Clip can do that. About contact synchronization - yes, it might be great if I was willing to trust Microsoft clouds and if it wasn't forced.

What would I do with file explorer? Well, open files I want, move, copy and delete them, send them over BT, open them without having to search for an application it uses and use poorly designed search function of said application.

Heh, by "options" I didn't mean mere looks of the phone. I mean, you can't even lock the automatic display rotation! :D

Metro is pretty nice on  cellphones, I've been saying that ever since I saw it :)

Music should be tagged properly. Even though folders are easier, I'm a bit nazi myself on that part :)

It sure seems a bit retarded to sort music by "album artist" instead of "artist" in the "artist" window. However since I don't have any albums with different artists on my phone, I haven't experienced that myself.

Sending files over Bluetooth easily would be neat, I'm sure we'll see a solution for that soon if there sin't one at the moment though ;)

Why do you guys need on-phone file handling and open installing? Are you pirating stuff?

Music should be tagged properly. Even though folders are easier, I'm a bit nazi myself on that part :)

It sure seems a bit retarded to sort music by "album artist" instead of "artist" in the "artist" window. However since I don't have any albums with different artists on my phone, I haven't experienced that myself.

Sending files over Bluetooth easily would be neat, I'm sure we'll see a solution for that soon if there sin't one at the moment though ;)

Well, open installing is useful for example for installing applications that don't earn Microsoft's "certification" for whatever reason. Having everything approved by MS may be useful, but there has to be an option for those who don't care about MS's monopoly on their phones (browsers, media players, search engines, etc...)

Music -should- be tagged properly, but it's kinda difficult when you take care of 500k files (music, sounds, audiobooks, podcasts, radio shows....) and even if they were tagged properly, I would tag them by entire folders and that's an unnecessary and annoying step due to need of yet another 3rd party software.

Sending files over BT has been in Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile 6/5. By not having it here MS only shows the desire to become a new Apple. I don't want to be near when that happens :p