What are you playing now?

system shock 2 still da best "shock"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm a bit ambivilent towards shooters - I'm not terribly good at them and really fast paced FPS sometimes trigger motion sickness (thank you, Far Cry 2) - would a non-shooter guy like Bioshock: Infinite?

I've avoided the series because of that, but I've always liked the "look" of the games.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm a bit ambivilent towards shooters - I'm not terribly good at them and really fast paced FPS sometimes trigger motion sickness (thank you, Far Cry 2) - would a non-shooter guy like Bioshock: Infinite?

I've avoided the series because of that, but I've always liked the "look" of the games.

Both Bioshock 1 & 2 seemed like they would be good games, but I have the same problem you have, so I stopped after 30 minutes in both. Only first person games I remember beating are some Elder Scrolls games, FO3 & FONV, V:TM-Bloodlines and Dishonored. I couldn't even finish Portal because of the first person view (lol). Oh, I did beat Bulletstorm, how the hell I did that is still a mystery to me.

Anyway, playing Arcanum and Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect 3.

The game has overstayed its welcome and I can't wait to finish it. Sure, I do enjoy the gameplay, but it has gotten a bit repetitive, but mostly it has become annoyingly stupid. The last few missions has forced me to chose a party member to disable something and I defend them. The problem is not difficulty, that I would have been okay with. It just feels like they couldn't come up with something better. I still hate turret sections, luckily there aren't many of those. Enemey vareity is better than I remember it being in Mass Effect 2, so I'll give them credit for that. The Infiltrator is also more fun to play now that I'm at higher levels. Sniping and burning people is very effective, big surprise. I don't care much about the story anymore. I'm paying attention, but the focus is all on gameplay now. Planetscanning was streamlined, wich is good but the reapers coming after you is annoying. It's as if the designers wanted to mess with the player's patience. I'm not overly impressed with the enviroments. There are some places where one can stand still and find a great view with great looking backgrounds, but it's mostly brown and grey in most places. The fetch quests are way too many. Give me this, give me that, bla, bla, bla. For me, the gameplay is what is saving the game, and the soundtrack is also okay, I'll give it that.

Arcanum.

Been roaming around, completed unfinished quests. I think I have over 70 quests marked as complete and that doesn't include the thieves quests. I'm a gentleman, but even gentlemen can suffer from a case of cleptomania from time to time. I blame the Thieves guild. Found Praetor's daughter, Helped Maxim, and a bunch of other stuff. After that I moved on with the story just so I could get to Roseborough. Did a quest or two there, and I'm now on my way to the Dark Elves. Not Sure if I'll go there yet, or visit some places I have discovered on the map but not yet visited. I also need to think about who I should throw out of my party so Raven can join me later on. I don't want to get rid of Sogg, but it is becoming more and more likely that I will have to let him go. Upgraded some tech skills. Killing people with Molotov ****tails almost makes me feel bad. I'm supposed to be a goody-two-shoes. It's just that I can't help myself sometimes. I'm probably the richest man in that universe. I pick up almost everything I see. I need some counseling on that front. It has made me a lot of money, and that money has bought me a crapton of potions and other healing items. I never use shops to buy armour or weapons, I just grab what I can get whenever I feel like it.

Stupid Planet Explorer's alpha has me locked in and forgetting about time. Gah, I'm running late on some errands. The alpha does have rough spots but with a year to refine it hopefully they'll be smoothed over. Still highly addictive. I might even up my pledge a bit. But just to say ... if you aren't into building/creation/exploration-while-gathering-resource type games it's probably not a game for you. There is a story and quests, but it's not like Skyrim or something.

...must turn off game now...to do other things...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started up this Bioshock: Infinite game, it's rather gripping but i'm left with the definite impression that whoever created it has watched that "Angelheart" film with Mickey Rourke and Robert DeNiro, the music, the conflicted protagonist and the setting all seem very similar. Not a bad thing by any means however, I do like a touch of noirish americana.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Got my ass handed to me while trying to do a "very difficult" mission in India. Back-to-back crits took out a Lt and corporal, which prompted a reload. I was doing so well up until that round, amazing how fast the whole assault can go south on you. :lol: I think I either need to buy that sixth party slot or maybe bite the bullet and spend some alloys on carapace armor.

Man, Dead Money was a real treat. Old World Blues, here I come! 

Gotta start Planescape: Torment after I'm done with F:NV dlc's. it's a real shame that I haven't played it yet.  :facepalm:  

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The games aren't really noir. More so a mix of 30s-50s art/architecture/caricatures.

B:I Takes place in 1912.

Which is one of the more glaring anachronisms in the plot, which will hopefully be addressed/resolved by DLC.

Edited by AGX-17

With our previous combat records and the young ladies abilities, I think i've figured out where the plot's going.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So in the last mission of XCOM, I appear to be stuck in a large room, doors not opening and no aliens about. Appears to be a bug, again, hm. I'm guessing Duke, my Psi trooper, will be sacrificing himself for the greater good due to the "Volunteer must survive" objective :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out this Planet Explorer item creator/editor thingie. I get the idea, and I put together some stupid pistol which is the crap, but man...I suck at it. :lol: I think you can share your creations with others somehow...maybe I can steal someone else's weapons and cars, haha. Yes, you can make cars. And cannons. And stuff.

The targeting for handheld ranged weaponry has an awkward feel to it in this alpha.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As my gaming time diminishes, I find hours of play becomes a less important metric.

15 hours of all awesome is better than 30 hours that is 15 hours of awesome and 15 hours of okay, IMO.

Oblivion helped teach me this (which was 0 hours of awesome and like 30 hours of "Meh what am I doing I am wasting my time...")

Will this incredibly stupid argument never die?

So you think a good game is better than an average game? Thanks for your valuable insight, Alan.

Now.. How about comparing a good game to a good game? Which would you prefer, a 15 hour long good game or a 30 hour long good game?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As my gaming time diminishes, I find hours of play becomes a less important metric.

15 hours of all awesome is better than 30 hours that is 15 hours of awesome and 15 hours of okay, IMO.

Oblivion helped teach me this (which was 0 hours of awesome and like 30 hours of "Meh what am I doing I am wasting my time...")

Will this incredibly stupid argument never die?

So you think a good game is better than an average game? Thanks for your valuable insight, Alan.

Now.. How about comparing a good game to a good game? Which would you prefer, a 15 hour long good game or a 30 hour long good game?

I already stated that I would probably prefer the 15 hour one, because the odds of me finishing it are greater.  :p

But what both Alan (I presume) and I are really saying is that length is not a really good indicator of the quality of a game, unless it is an extreme circumstance.   

I love when people state "I have no time for long games" and then go and buy the next 10 hour game. Gee, you don't think three 10 hour games kind of add up to one 30 hour game?

You do not lose more time from a long game, you only save more money from not having to pay 3 x $60 for the same amount of gaming time.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The games aren't really noir. More so a mix of 30s-50s art/architecture/caricatures.

B:I Takes place in 1912.

Which is one of the more glaring anachronisms in the plot, which will hopefully be addressed/resolved by DLC.

Yeah, I haven't paid any attention to B:I since I'm surely going to get it, but a bit later down the road as I've got games I need to play beforehand. So my post needs to read as Bioshock 1 & 2 but I really doubt the new game has noir aspects, like the first two.  

Edited by Blodhemn

I was a little *ahem* intoxicated last night and the beginning of Old World Blues simply stunned me. The best first hour in any dlc I have played in my entire life. Love you Obsidian, you guys are the holy grail of gaming! <3 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I was a little *ahem* intoxicated last night and the beginning of Old World Blues simply stunned me. The best first hour in any dlc I have played in my entire life. Love you Obsidian, you guys are the holy grail of gaming! <3 

Hmm best DLC for me so far has been Missing Link for Deus Ex. Haven't tried any FNV DLC yet...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).