What are you playing now?

Playing Alan Wake's American Nightmare in earnest now. I love the whole time-loop scenario, I wish there were an RPG in which that sort of thing applied to a New Game+ feature, if applicable (protagonist retains memory of events, can change the story by going from two steps behind the antagonist/s to two steps ahead of the antagonist/s.)

I am not using ballistic weapons anyway. My deal are 2 ER Large Laser and 2 SSRM-2 launcher. I am cutting down everything at super long range. It's funny, in most matches I am quite high in the score list, but it seems like I am the only guy who uses his CAT-C1 as laser sniper. Haven't seen anything like my Mech in ages. My luck, I'll guess. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

When I was still playing a few months back every Cat was either dual PPC, dual Gauss or a SSRM boat.

Gauss happens to be my fav weapon so the nerf kinda killed my mood. That and juggling 3 multiplayer + one or two SP games is hard.

With the new JagerMech, there is enough ballistic sniping again. Does happen quite often that my 100% health CAT get's a 1-hit into the ****pit and is down. Really annoying.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Got my Tomb Raider 100% completion for my minor bout of ocd'ness.

Hm, and they've announced that all dlc are going to be purely for multiplayer. I think I might just uninstall it now.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

King's Bounty - Loaded up an old game that I was far along on, and got back into it pretty easily.

I loaded this up yesterday too!  Much farther along this game than I was.

I played it way too late last night.  I think I'm close to beating it, but I need a better army.  My guy does best with mages in his army, but I'm super far away from any of those.  Still, I love the black dragons, not only do they simply rock, they give me the first initiative and I can throw a couple spells and use my book to devastate on the first turn.

Haven't gotten anywhere near that far yet.

My army lately typically consists of peasants, priests, bears, archers, and thorn warriors.  My issue with the game, I am finding, is that I seem to not have much confidence to look beyond "weak" fights to ensure I am not blowing my money on reinforcements, and that reinforcements appear to be finite (which is why I still use peasants).

Well, it sounds like you're still very early game. And yeah, especially early game you're looking to pick off Weak enemies with no losses, and gradually build up - though KB is sort of designed to encourage minimal losses in every fight. Trying a Warrior/Hard game now.

Archers have always been my favorite unit in King's Bounty: The Legend.  While there are units that do more damage, there is almost no one that can escape their range, and spells make them even better.  Plus they are easy to replenish almost anywhere.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have a huge amount of money at this point.  I can basically ditch my troops and hire new ones wily nilly.  I think that happened once I got a boat and started exploring the coasts, there was a lot of coin lying around.

They are worth it, and if you stay away from them that's going to make things even more grindy. They can zap people from across the map and they're pretty easy to protect - unless you're getting overrun and losing a lot of units anyway. 

Level 5 now and I'm using ancient bears / bears / archmages / bowmen / priests. Generally no-loss.

The one unit type I've almost always used in any KB (if available) are Royal Snakes. IMO they're the best early to mid game unit by far, especially if used in conjunction with spells like slow. I usually go for minimum deaths rather than cheap and plentiful though.

Finally picked up a copy of KoTOR 2 for PC on the last sale. I got it for xbox when it first came out, but lost it a while back. Last time I played it, I was 16. Suffice to say a lot of it was over my head at the time, but revisiting it now...It really brought me to a new level of appreciation for the game. There's just so much to be understood.

Also decided to give Dungeon Siege 3 a go. Been having a blast with it so far. A stark contrast to Diablo 3 -- A well composed story, well balanced and strategic combat, and interesting stat customization. It's really a wonder why it's multiplayer isn't as popular. I'd much rather do a Dungeon Siege 3 playthrough with a friend than have to do another Act 3 Diablo 3 run for the eight thousandth time.

And yesterday, decided to reinstall NWN 2 and start MoTB again. I always put it off, but I've been in a very 'Obsidian' mood lately. I remember being really surprised at the quality of the campaign, and this was before I was really aware of what Obsidian was all about, so I'd like to revisit it like I did with KoTOR 2 and see how it holds up.

The SSRMs are for anything that get close, the lasers are the long range weapons in that build.

Ah so the SSRMs aren't actually used? :)

They are, because of how the maps are build up, it is pretty easy to get close to a long range mech. But yeah, that's why I only have 1 ton of ammo with me, which is ultimately only 12 rounds to fire. One can say that this is my shotgun for melee combat.

I *could* exchange them with some medium lasers as well, but this would put too much strain on my heat efficiency again. Right now I have found a good balance of armor, heat efficiency and damage and I like to keep it that way. :)

But I just noticed an error in my post :p I exchanged the 2x SSRM-2 already a while ago with 2x SRM-4, which are unguided, but my movement and aiming is good enough to not bother about it. That's my shotgun.

/Edit: I've spend 7 dollars on this game yesterday:

http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/

Tried the alpha. Not bad so far, the final version can only be better.

Edited by Lexx

Ran aground with Fallout. Playing as an unhelpful jerk and therefore essentially doing no sidequests, I'm finding myself unable to assault either endgame location at level ~8. Don't feel like going back and doing sidequests, nor to run around farming experience from random encounters, so I'm a bit snookered (especially since my only meaningful skills are unarmed and er, repair). Guess I could cheese it with extreme savescumming, but more likely I've failed to finish the game again for the umpteenth time.

Will probably give King's Bounty a dip over the long weekend given all the discussion about it going on.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I am not using ballistic weapons anyway. My deal are 2 ER Large Laser and 2 SSRM-2 launcher. I am cutting down everything at super long range. It's funny, in most matches I am quite high in the score list, but it seems like I am the only guy who uses his CAT-C1 as laser sniper. Haven't seen anything like my Mech in ages. My luck, I'll guess. :>

Bullets are for chumps.

Still XCOM, constantly save-scumming to save my team, (all for the sake of stupid Brazil's stupid panic level,) while waiting for Bioshock Infinite to be unlocked. Skipped text of a Destructoid review to look at the 10/10 score. So whenever that drops that's what I'll be playing.

Edited by AGX-17

The SSRMs are for anything that get close, the lasers are the long range weapons in that build.

Ah so the SSRMs aren't actually used? :)

SSRM are the Streak Short Range Missiles. They always hit so people put like 6 or 8 on their Cats and just spammed the rockets.

Everytime I come back, they change Warlocks some more.

Now I don't even have Shadowbolt. And Spirit is useless again.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

SSRM are the Streak Short Range Missiles. They always hit so people put like 6 or 8 on their Cats and just spammed the rockets.

Streak, thats the word I was looking for!

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Everytime I come back, they change Warlocks some more.

Now I don't even have Shadowbolt. And Spirit is useless again.

I keep telling you to go to Demonology.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.