Pictures of your games part 2

Rosbjerg

Sighs... I think I need to get a new life :p

Spent 200 hours on FFXIII-2 alltogether...

When you still know that its a life you need and not a Phoenix Down, you are fine ;)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ohhhh....cool. How's it playing for you so far? I've been waiting for that one for so long...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It plays great.  Unsurprisingly, while the setting is completely different, the game plays a lot like Titan Quest.  While I'm sure the balance of the beasties, gear, and abilities will be tweaked, retweaked, reretweaked, and tweaked yet again before this launches many months from now, it's already found a pretty good sweet spot for creature difficulty, swarm size, loot drops, etc.  I'm up to level 9 and playing a demolitionist.  I shoot stuff in the face and toss molotov <synonym for rooster>tails.  I can't comment on balance between the 3 currently existing masteries (soldier, demolitionist, occultist) yet as I'm just starting.  I plan on going demolitionist/soldier most likely once I hit the level where I get to choose my second mastery.  It's been surprisingly stable, considering it's an alpha build.  Not one crash or even major glitch so far in almost 2 hours of playing.

Here are some more screenies:

Character and inventory screen:

QZEFQzQl.jpg

Skill screen (notice the similarity to Titan Quest):

9qrmwTzl.jpg

Arbalest Style:

uzZF5lVl.jpg

They see me rollin'.  They hatin':

6qnyOgsl.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Are you playing Grim Dawn on low settings, Keyrock? I remember the game looking significantly better in developer videos, but maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me.

I think it depends a bit on how much you're zoomed in/out, and whether you're in a dark area or a lighter area and what colors an area is using. I feel like it kinda varied a bit as I went through the starter quest, and I felt like AF might make it look a bit worse.

GrimDawn-b-001.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here are my settings:

gxGrRcyl.jpg

I dialed a few things back a bit (no AA, 4x anisotropic, disabled detailed objects) because I was getting minor screen stutter when moving around.  I don't expect the game to be particularly optimized at this point, so hopefully I can turn more of the pretty back on when it's released.  And even if I can't, the game looks plenty pretty enough for me to enjoy myself.  The combat and loot balance is the all important key in a game like this.

Edit:  Here's what the game looks like with all the above settings, but Detail Objects turned on and 4XAA, aka the settings I hope to play at once released:

phaOfabl.jpg

With these settings I get a bit of screen stutter when moving around in heavily populated areas, which is why I dialed it back a bit.  Again, hopefully some optimization helps that out a bit, but if not, no big deal.  The one thing I cannot convey in these screenshots is how awesome the soundtrack is.  That's one area of games all too often overlooked.  A good musical score can do wonders for the enjoyment of a game.

Edit 2:  Detail Objects and a bit of AA does definitely prettify the game a little bit when running (that screenie may not do it justice), and it runs fine on those settings in some areas, but I don't have time to test it any more or post any more screenies right now, it's time to head to work.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh, like the way that you are helping one dude with a water pump... and another with A RIFT DEVICE!

I like the look of this... so much in fact I think I'll wait until the final build and not spoil myself.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Didn't know you played ARPG's Monty

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah, I loved D2, played some D3 with the guys on here, enjoyed Titan Quest, Path of Exile etc. My favourite though was probably the original Sacred (Horses!).

ARPGs are cool for scratching a certain type of gaming itch. I've been following Grim Dawn quietly for a year or so.

sonsofgygax.JPG

@Keyrock - yeah, Grim Dawn seems to be one of those games where compressed screenshots don't really show what the game looks like. Gets easily pixelated even with low lvls of compression. :/

Leave me alone, stupid henchmen, I'm killin' your boss.

NWO-0020a.jpg

NWO-0023a.jpg

WARNING: This post may include quite a few Defiance Screenshots.

I got this new outfit. I really liked moving away from the hot-pants. Not that I truly mind skimpy shorts on an attractive woman, but I really enjoyed this more covered up look (my character pointing a gun at Rynn from the tv series) :

defiance201305132300286.jpg

And since you usually see your character from behind, I had this nice get-up that was so not sexualizing women. How mature of me.

Then I saw my character in a cutscene from the front:

defiance201305132300426.jpg

Is that the most ridiculous bra ever? *sigh*

"Oh well!" I said to myself and made to spawn my quad so I could drive off:

defiance201305132302011.jpg

Seriously? That is where it spawns my ride? It actually rotated my character by 90 degrees after I hit the button so it could go out of its way to spawn the quad there?

So some random screenshots:

Running out of the radius of a crystal's explosion OR every game needs an abundance of lense flare:

defiance201305130141167.jpg

My favourid antagonist so far in this game:

defiance201305100141263.jpg

Idiot raiders and Dark Matter:

defiance201305061326149.jpg

The calm before the boss fight:

defiance201305121446208.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Keyrockette at level 17:

That bolt action rifle was my first green drop (rare) and it's really badass.  I also got an even better (blue - unique) drop, but it's a melee weapon.  That's what the shared stash is for.  :dancing:

HK44Xqql.jpg

Here are my Demolitionist skills.  The skill near the top left (11/16) is Fire Strike, it replaces my standard attack, does extra damage plus burn damage.  The skill next to it with the bullet (3/12) is Explosive Strike, and upgrade to Fire Strike that adds some (small area) AoE damage.  The skill below that with the bottle (11/12) is Blackwater <synonym for rooster>tail, your standard molotov.  The reason that it's blue is because my spiffy rifle is giving a +2 to that skill.  It's my bread and butter, absolutely awesome if I have a choke point to work with.  The skill next to it is Intense Heat, an upgrade that adds more fire damage and armor reduction to any sap passing through the fire.

cj6x9Rsl.jpg

Here are my Occultist skills.  The only one I have is the raven familiar summon.

aUoGvZZl.jpg

Obviously, I'm heavily skewed toward Demolitionist with this build.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this isn't a day spa.

7gRFjEAl.jpg

I dig the mood lighting, but the furniture could use a bit of work.  Hmm, do they have a Cairn Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

fSCGXfJl.jpg

Lookie what I found! :w00t:   Unfortunately I can't use it yet...  yet.

E24U4ZNl.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

This is one of those Hellbugs in Defiance, correct? Got the mount as a reward from a rift event in RIFT. It's either very rare or very common, not enough experience with the game to know for sure

gntSXdS.jpg

Raptr had this promotion where playing the game's trial version for 20 hours with Raptr App on would give you a copy of the game and 1 month of subscription (meaning also temporary premium status in F2P version)

So far, I don't hate the game, better beginning than in LotRO, but I don't love it either. Probably will stop playing after I reach trial's level cap

Yes, that seems to be a hellbug monarch. The primary weak spot is its belly. Though the tail, under the proper circumstances can reveal weak spots as well.