Offical information?

So......

Sometime this calendar year.

Me + 1XP.

49,999 to the next level.

-------

Thanks for finding that though, C2B :)

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I believe the game is going to be out close/in September, becase that is the month that the 17th season of the show will be released, so I'm almost sure that the game will be announced at the E3, does anybody knows what day will be the Ubisoft conference? 

I believe the game is going to be out close/in September, becase that is the month that the 17th season of the show will be released, so I'm almost sure that the game will be announced at the E3, does anybody knows what day will be the Ubisoft conference? 

Monday, June 10th

Apparently, they are still working on the sound at least. Maybe Ubisoft gave them additional development time?

Contract Sound Designer

Obsidian Entertainment is currently looking for an offsite Contract Sound Designer to join the South Park: The Stick of Truth team.

The Contract Sound Designer will work closely with the audio team to produce high quality and engaging sound effects appropriate to the South Park IP.  The ideal candidate for this position should have intermediate level experience working as a Sound Designer for video games.  This position will be off-site, so access to appropriate sound equipment is required.

All applicants may be required to take a sound design test.

Requirements:
  • 2-3 years of experience as a junior to mid-level sound designer for video games.
  • Proficiency using DAW's Digital Audio Workstations such as Pro Tools, Nuendo etc.
  • Proficiency using signal processors such as EQ, compressors, limiters etc.
  • Experience planning and designing interactive sound effects.
  • Experience recording original source material.
  • A solid understanding of game audio.
  • Excellent communication skills.
  • At least one shipped title.
  • A passion for gaming.
Responsibilities:
  • Record, edit, design, master, organize and export original, high quality, game ready assets for a variety of sounds types such as game objects and ambiences.
  • Work collaboratively with the audio team to achieve project goals.
  • Match and complement the existing audio style of the game.
Pluses:
  • A web portfolio is a plus, but not required.
  • A college degree or equivalent in audio related studies.

Simply apply via e-mail: jobs@obsidian.net.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line please.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.

At this point, it's probably someone from Future Shop/Best Buy adding some date that they may or may not of heard from somewhere at sometime by someone who has nothing to do with Ubisoft.

not-breathing.jpg

EDIT: Even the Future Shop website says: Estimated release date.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Sigh, I have to wonder why they believe a winter or beginning of the year release would be a good time to launch this game instead of summertime.

Summertime they would hardly have any competition whereas winter time and beginning of the year is when AAA titles are released.

Its double fail imo for one releasing the game when a swarm of triple a titles are coming out (ya thats the best time to release this game when its got MAJOR competition of even being thought of...) and two for holding the game from release that long.

Im starting to believe game companys dont no a thing about maximizing their potention in marketing.

From what I remember reading Matt and Trey keep getting ideas and it almost sounds like they're feature creeping the game. Meaning they get an idea and add it in over and over which is pushing the game back. I've also heard its super offensive, so maybe the powers that be may be asking them to tone it down.

From what I remember reading Matt and Trey keep getting ideas and it almost sounds like they're feature creeping the game. Meaning they get an idea and add it in over and over which is pushing the game back.

That's what DLC is for. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Trey Parker was hesitant to say if its gonna make it out before holiday this year. Apparently it takes way more time to try an idea in game to see if it works than it does for the show. Fun fact, Southpark the TV show is filmed over like 17 weeks in a yr and the staff take 6 months off in between seasons. They've been working on this game for 4 yrs now, and said Ubisoft has been great to work with and are encouraging them to polish the game like they want to.

Trey Parker was hesitant to say if its gonna make it out before holiday this year. Apparently it takes way more time to try an idea in game to see if it works than it does for the show. Fun fact, Southpark the TV show is filmed over like 17 weeks in a yr and the staff take 6 months off in between seasons. They've been working on this game for 4 yrs now, and said Ubisoft has been great to work with and are encouraging them to polish the game like they want to.

Please, also post the source if possible. I think it's the IGN interview?

In other news, the stick of truht website is up again

http://southpark.ubi.com/stickoftruth/en-us/home/index.aspx

Edit: Ah, it's been posted in the other thread, nevermind.

Edited by C2B

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...