What you did today

Gorth

Got rammed by a car. They ran a red light. That ahd been red for a while, Now my driver's door doesn't open, the back door on th left side of the car doesn't close. Yay.

Since you're posting here, I assume you're all right? Hope so. :)

I had an accident similar to that once, except the other car was making a turn across traffic lanes (someone else in my directional lane had waved him on) and crashed into my driver's side as I was moving past. Impact smushed my little 70's Toyota, both side doors wouldn't open. I still drove it for a little while, tho, via crawling in from the other side. :lol:

I was actually surprised how well that center beam/support between the driver/passenger door held up.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since you're posting here, I assume you're all right? Hope so. :)

I am fine. The strawberry cake? Not so much. It took the full impact :( Still tasted great though ;)

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I prefer airbags over the strawberry cake though :)

On a motorcycle you have none of the above :(

Nothing much happening. Working, eating, sleeping, playing a bit of games (usually in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping). Need to go shopping for new clothes one of these days. Got nothing left without too many holes in it (from pants over socks to shirts). Need a new office chair and protective floor mat for my computer room too. I really hate shopping.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was just lamenting the likelihood of running into the romantic light of my life this evening when a thought struck me, like a comedic baseball to the groin.

If I had had a girlfriend this last year I would certainly not have had the time or inclination to write to a few of my exes, find out what's up in their lives, and offer (it turned out) well timed votes of confidence and support. Writing daily, exchanging cards, but keeping things strictly above board. Apparently I've been really helping them get back up from the dirt.

Humbling to realise I'm not a nice enough guy to have been any help otherwise. But I guess I can do the right thing when the wind is southerly :) .

I'd post the Forever Alone meme, but it's too true to be funny!

That's what I'd call trying to see the positive in things. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif