What you did today

Gorth

There is quite a bit of sex in the books. The problem with the series is, they had to cut a lot for obvious reasons. The one thing they didn't cut was the sex, changing the balance quite a bit. Especially the first half of season 2 seemed to have some episodes that did little to advance the plot but a lot for providing some sort of fan service ;)

Also, what is a TMH locking pin? :)

I said at work that dany is contractually obligated to have her breasts out at least once an episode.

But damn that girl is seriously smoking hot, and I don't mean the dragon fire  :fdevil:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm feeling all "blah" and a bit grumpy so I went outside to sit in the sun with a cat, lost track of time, and ended up with mildly sunburned thighs. I used to tan easily/burn hardly ever...but such are the perils of computer tech and becoming a rather indoor-fixated human being. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The easy to use chart to work out whether Melkathi liked an episode of Game of Thrones:

Everything is cumulative

For every scene staring Sansa substract 3

For every scene staring Theon or Jeoffrey substract 2

For every scene staring Cercei substract 1

For every scene staring Rob, Jon, Bron, Varys, Ygritte or Jamie add 1

For every scene staring Tyrion or Dany add 2

for every scene that includes Dany burning stuff ignore this chart and simply note: "Yes"

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The cat was smarter than the owner and retreated to the shade of a bush, once the owner had stopped petting him. Plus, the cat never took off his fur pants. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it's harsh to condemn Game of Tthrones for sex. I've read the books, and they're bonktacular.

Yeah, I think I found the books a bit too grimdark and rapey to really get into by around book four, then I gave up because I just didn't really give a damn about any of the characters or where the story was wandering around to.

But I did see an amusing editorial discussing Game of Thrones on tv the other day, talking about how the "gratuitious sex" in the first season actually added a lot of depth to characters or elements within the structure of the stories being told, and as such made sense. But comparing it to the recent episodes, the sex has become truly gratuitous and actually a little disturbing without adding any real oomph to the storyline or characters, just a reason to throw fresh boobs on screen in various jiggling, swaying ways.

I poked a little at work related matters today, but slowly and quite possibly from a distance with a short, pokey stick rather then truly getting enmeshed in it. Establishing a check-list of basic day to day stuff that I'm trying to get through, and slowly ticking things off of that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Jiggling.

Swaying.

WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T I WATCHED THIS SERIES YET?

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

im always a bit bemused at everyone's love for Dany

i found her storyline one of the most dull developments in the entire series 

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The Game of Thrones is fantasy soap opera. 

I can't stomach either the book or the series.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm back on my lonesome and catching up on my own hobbies and habits, there's nothing better than lounging around all week with a girl but I also enjoy the peace that comes afterwards :)

As it happens I finally got around to watching the first three episodes of GoT season 3, as far as I can tell they're not missing a beat, time and space jumps around a bit too much for my tastes (season 1's pacing felt better) but I was glued to the screen.  On the subject of sex I'm not seeing the gratuity this time around, so far it feels more reserved but I still have one episode to catch up on  :shrugz:

Jiggling.

Swaying.

WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T I WATCHED THIS SERIES YET?

Probably because you've seen two, you've seen them all ?

Today is part 2 of convincing a client that you can only pump so much through a hose before it bursts, but to no avail.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know the funny thing about Game of Thrones, both books and show? Nobody has ever said they were just alright. They either love them or don't like them at all. Funny isn't it?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Getting a little annoyed, because ever since I got back home I've found that my mouse will treat a single click as a double-click on a random 30-60% of the time. >_<

Can't seem to find any weird settings that have been altered but it's definitely beginning to bug the crap out of me.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You know the funny thing about Game of Thrones, both books and show? Nobody has ever said they were just alright. They either love them or don't like them at all. Funny isn't it?

Hi GD :)

Welcome back, how was the camping trip?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well done France for passing the first part of a law that allows Gay Marriage, a progressive and legally challenging step to make. But important and necessary :)

John Milton 

Hubby says he found a street/cart seller who sells "the best oranges I've had since I lived in the (Central) Valley." So he bought a giant bag. I have yet to eat one, but now the house smells powerfully like oranges.

Considering cleaning out my main remaining webserver of pretty much .... everything. I don't use it for anything but image-linking storage and email addresses anymore, and doubt I'm going to ever do anything with it outside of that. Even if I had some idea, I'd probably get/use a new domain. But...it's still difficult for me to look at that old Kotor2 gallery and just press "Delete." Memories.

I think GoT is "all right." Just not enough to keep me wanting to watch it season after season. I certainly don't dislike/hate the show or anything and the 1st season was kinda fun.

I dunno, from what I've seen of the series, I think it's all right.

:biggrin:

edit:... and I was beat to it! :p

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I dunno, from what I've seen of the series, I think it's all right.

:biggrin:

edit:... and I was beat to it! :p

@ Nep :biggrin:

I tend to agree with GD on this point, I fall firmly into the absolute love of the Game of Thrones books and TV series

John Milton 

I can't help but chuckle at the blatantly obvious Dragonlance influence (Cataclysm = Doom of Valyria, the whole "sorta post apocalyptic fantasy"), which is just ignored for the more high-brow "inspired by Atlantis!" line. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've never had a bad one but this one was great! Beautiful place and I had it almost all to myself. Unfortunately I had to cut it short for work but that's how it goes. I was thinking about going back weekend after next but I'm going to be real busy and may not make it. I'm meeting with my partners tomorrow to discuss a new bid and I've still got two full time projects now.

But getting to just pack up and go is the one upside of not having a family to look after. I'm divorced with no kids (other than a dog who is convinced he's smarter than me) so there really is no reason not to.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I thought you got patched up like a smashed vase a few years back, GD. How does camping affect you? You just tough it out?

It only aches when it's cold! For the most part I'm not doing anything strenuous like rock climbing or anything. I don't run or lift weights anymore after that but otherwise there isn't much I can't do.

Thomas Sowell

I've never had a bad one but this one was great! Beautiful place and I had it almost all to myself. Unfortunately I had to cut it short for work but that's how it goes. I was thinking about going back weekend after next but I'm going to be real busy and may not make it. I'm meeting with my partners tomorrow to discuss a new bid and I've still got two full time projects now.

But getting to just pack up and go is the one upside of not having a family to look after. I'm divorced with no kids (other than a dog who is convinced he's smarter than me) so there really is no reason not to.

Thanks for the update, if you don't mind I would like to ask you some questions about your camping trips. The reason is I am fascinated by the concept of people just living in the wild or getting away by themselves for  a few days. My parents were divorced when I was 4 and even though I saw my dad every second weekend we never ever went camping as he is a businessman and we always did things in the city. Subsequently I have never been camping in my life, I have spent 1 night in chalets overnight but thats more of luxurious accommodation and not really "roughing" it. So thats the context to my questions, I am not being nosy :)

• What food do you take and can you hunt and fish if necessary
  • Where does your much loved dog sleep when you go camping,  I assume you have a tent
  • How close are other  people to you when you go camping? Do you miss seeing people or do you prefer being isolated
  • What is your routine on these trips? Do you wake up at 6 am and then go hiking or do you fish. Or are there other activities
  • Finally if you are by yourself what would happen in an emergency, like you break your leg?

Sorry to bombard you with all questions, anything you can answer would be great :)

• Like 1

John Milton