What you did today

Gorth

first time out in a while last night

gf was playing a gig and had a friend over from Melbourne so it was good to catch up with him as well as everyone else

was getting lots of comments about the beard. guess that shows how long it's been since people have seen me

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

"Hm, maybe 1080 on 27" isn't that awesome for gaming. Something seems off vs. desktop visuals."

....it wasn't until I looked at some screenshots I'd taken while I was playing that I realized I'd forgotten to reset many of my game configs to 1080 after playing in 1600x900 out in the living room. :facepalm: Changed that, much better.

LadyCrimson <-------- the definition of "brainfart."

On the bright side, the IPS makes for the best "non-native" resolution visual result I've ever had. I noticed it, obviously, but it was fairly subtle.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I need to learn not to accept random facebook friend invites.

Guy from Brazil spammed me with car adverts.

Woman from Greece asking me if I am married...

Was she hot? Thats the most important  question around these unwarranted invites through social media :yes:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Was she hot? Thats the most important  question around these unwarranted invites through social media :yes:  

Nope.

Last hot person to send me a random invite was a scammer on linkedin who wanted to make a "business proposal" ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Nope.

Last hot person to send me a random invite was a scammer on linkedin who wanted to make a "business proposal" ;)

:biggrin: Funny

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sleep got interrupted by car alarms or some such in the wee small dark hours. Really not helping me adjust. I'm half dozing my way through to noon even now.

Although had really freaking weird dreams about being hunted for treason while struggling to prove my innocence. And I haven't even been reading or watching any stories in that style, so no idea what brought that on.

Heh, while I was away, my sister actually took the mornings off from work to be at home and dealing with the family, helping mom, dealing with her dogs at home, etc. So pretty much the first thing she said to me when I got back was that she was impressed at how well I handled things and that I'd been doing it for the previous x years, also that it was driving her a little insane and she was moving out as soon as she can get a mortgage on a flat...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Party until the sun went up and then party some more.. Woke up at 2pm.. Still slightly inebriated I think.

Got kissed by a guy (snavet would be a better description, but I don't know the english term) .. gave a girl a bloody nose by accident..

Vodka not even once..

tumblr_mbhj5zm5xt1rps17co1_500.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm, pretty much. Disheartening to see many claim you don't even need to know roughly how stuff works (I guess this is due to Java programmers :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I made it past the first screen for Wells Fargo apparently. They've got me automated in the system for a phone interview, but I have to have them re-set the times because I'm working the day that they gave me times to pick when they'd call.

• Like 6

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hm, not sure whether it's still feeling all twisted up timezone wise, but I'm just not being able to find my get-up-and-go for preparing to see about work related stuff this week.

After all that time away, and having spent a whole bunch of my savings on that trip, I'm just not sure I'm up for returning to banging my head against that wall.

Hopefully after a night's sleep I'll be in a more positive frame of mind.

• Like 1

2nd day of FanExpo today. Saw Nichelle Nichols, who was hilarious, and Sean Astin, who is super nice. Nichelle Nichols was asked how she felt about many of the original cast attempting to distance themselves from the characters they played and her response was something like ``Anyone who wants to distance themselves from a character who has affected so many people`s lives is an idiot``

Got myself the entire series of Bone and a 12 inch Sideshow Cobra Commander figure. So I did ok.

There was a guy in full on NCR ranger armor that was pretty badass, but I didn`t think to get a photo.

Edit: Found a pic from someone else who went

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolbrowne/8667413642/

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

2nd day of FanExpo today. Saw Nichelle Nichols, who was hilarious, and Sean Astin, who is super nice. Nichelle Nichols was asked how she felt about many of the original cast attempting to distance themselves from the characters they played and her response was something like ``Anyone who wants to distance themselves from a character who has affected so many people`s lives is an idiot``

Got myself the entire series of Bone and a 12 inch Sideshow Cobra Commander figure. So I did ok.

There was a guy in full on NCR ranger armor that was pretty badass, but I didn`t think to get a photo.

Edit: Found a pic from someone else who went

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolbrowne/8667413642/

I wonder if good shows hire good people, or if working on a succesful show 'trains' good people somehow?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wonder if good shows hire good people, or if working on a succesful show 'trains' good people somehow?

A bit of both? And I guess chemistry between people is important too.

Especially if the good people are the kind of "good" that helps the others to unlock their potential.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

A bit of both? And I guess chemistry between people is important too.

Especially if the good people are the kind of "good" that helps the others to unlock their potential.

I'd say a good example would be the cast of Firefly. A cast that was a mix of relative unknowns and people who'd been floating around in the industry for awhile but on more of those..minor, back-burner roles. Mixed up together and had great chemistry, with Whedon and a bunch of "off-screen folks" who (from all accounts) turned it into a whole "family/friends" experience and now you've got a group of people who react incredibly well to the fans and seem to be keeping a fairly level head even with all the career successes they've wandered into..

• Like 2

I was thinking of Tricia Helfer in BSG. When I first saw her in the pilot and season 1, I dismissed her as a former victoria secret model trying herself at acting. But twinning her role with that of James Callis and the writers giving her a chance allowed her to actually do more than be a pretty blond. By the end of the series I absolutely adored her :p

Then of course there is the Wire...

Or some of the young ones in Game of Thrones (though I am not yet 100% convinced by the show as a show - too much sex just for the sake of saying "We are HBO and we have sex!").

I think it's harsh to condemn Game of Tthrones for sex. I've read the books, and they're bonktacular.

But yes, I agree it's a bit of both. But also the kind of people in that environment. I mean Al Pacino's a great actor but he also apparently nurtures very young actors. (Someone's bound to correct me on this).

~

As an aisde, I'd forgotten who Tricia Helfer is, so I googled her and now my brain has... Well what happens when you undo the rear TMH locking pin on an SA80 without due care and attention.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think it's harsh to condemn Game of Tthrones for sex. I've read the books, and they're bonktacular.

But yes, I agree it's a bit of both. But also the kind of people in that environment. I mean Al Pacino's a great actor but he also apparently nurtures very young actors. (Someone's bound to correct me on this).

~

As an aisde, I'd forgotten who Tricia Helfer is, so I googled her and now my brain has... Well what happens when you undo the rear TMH locking pin on an SA80 without due care and attention.

I'm not sure what bonktacular means but Sex isn't a big part of the books. There are scenes but I can't recall Sex being explicit and gratuitous?

John Milton 

There is quite a bit of sex in the books. The problem with the series is, they had to cut a lot for obvious reasons. The one thing they didn't cut was the sex, changing the balance quite a bit. Especially the first half of season 2 seemed to have some episodes that did little to advance the plot but a lot for providing some sort of fan service ;)

Also, what is a TMH locking pin? :)

Finally got my turntable up and running (got thecartridge and dust cover i wanted new today). Enjoying some quality acid trance at the moment (Pranksterz - Jah Lion, Acid Selassie mix) ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There is quite a bit of sex in the books. The problem with the series is, they had to cut a lot for obvious reasons. The one thing they didn't cut was the sex, changing the balance quite a bit. Especially the first half of season 2 seemed to have some episodes that did little to advance the plot but a lot for providing some sort of fan service ;)

Also, what is a TMH locking pin? :)

I said at work that dany is contractually obligated to have her breasts out at least once an episode.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I said at work that dany is contractually obligated to have her breasts out at least once an episode.

then she has been in breach of contract for quite a while now :p

• Like 2