What you did today

Gorth

Fishing is great for relaxation. :)

It was a nice day, warm but not too warm. Cute cat outside, cute cat inside, I had my bases covered. Now going to finish watching that Defiance episode from SyFy. Maybe. My back and left wrist joint have been killing me the past 2 days, might nap more first.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm packing up the truck tonight and going fishing and camping for the next five days! I can not wait to get out of here. I'm going to Old Stone Fort State park and the Duck River therein. It's right on the western edge of the Smokes and it's one of a the few that will let me take Tommy to all parts of the park. I always figured I wouldn't be caught dead in a place where my best buddy wasn't welcome. Speaking of which we're going to the VFW for dinner, drinks and a few dog biscuits for him.

See you guys next week.

I like you way you just pack up and go fishing, I remember when you did that after the election. I am envious of this type of  lifestyle choice :)

But anyway take care and have a  good trip, I want to ask you some question about these camping trips when you return

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

First lazy weekend in ages... Bar exam's taken, might not pass, but the next opportunity is in september, so have time to chill a bit... Back in Helsinki, too, but at the moment too tired to take much advantage of it...

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

First lazy weekend in ages... Bar exam's taken, might not pass, but the next opportunity is in september, so have time to chill a bit... Back in Helsinki, too, but at the moment too tired to take much advantage of it...

I'm glad you are finished with the bar exam, well hopefully. Unless you need to rewrite :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I thought you got patched up like a smashed vase a few years back, GD. How does camping affect you? You just tough it out?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I accidentaly viewed LadyCrimson's profile. I clicked the mouse button, yet apparently the mouse cursor was not exactly on "what are you playing now?", hovering a bit lower of the topic creator instead.

If I can't hit my target on a static forum, I gues I dont have to wonder why I am pants at shooters.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Update:

Today I figured out that clicking "like" on another person's post is not a kindness but instead an act of trolling. A "liked" post can no longer be edited. This is probably done to prevent people from having the object of their liking changed to something they would not like at all. The real world application of this though is far more sinister: by "liking" posts, the likers prevent the poster from correcting spelling mistakes and typos, preserving them for posterity.

So next time one of your posts is "liked", be not too hasty in thinking there are kindred souls on the internet. Chances are you had made a typo and are now victim to a gang of typo-preservists.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

A "liked" post can no longer be edited.

Really? Has it always been like that I wonder?

...went to bed early and pretty much slept for 10 hours. Today I still feel physically terrible. Gotta keep moving tho, because lying still for too long is just as bad as bending or lifting things can be. Blargh.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think it would apply to me, since I'm a moderator with editing powah. Maybe in one of the sections where I'm not a mod.

Currently at FanExpo in Vancouver. Got my picture taken with Stan Lee. Felt like a kid seeing Santa stuffing the tree.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Made a post in the Obsidian General forum. If someone would care to "like" it?

Being Liked doesn't seem to affect my ability to edit. However, even tho I don't have "mod powers" that forum, I do still have the ability to not have the "edited by" line show up, so it still may not apply to me.

If anyone else notices this effect, outside of the usual time-limit on editing posts, let us know. :)

Got my hair cut. Reading about alexithymia after a friend suggested it may apply to me, seems pretty accurate.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Someone like this post!

Proof that Melkathi is a liar in bold!

(Seems to have worked for me! >.>  [this is my second edit even!])

Seems I have experienced some wierd glitch then.

*shrug* It's tech stuff. There are bound to be things going wrong for me. I got magical aptitude in the arcanum sense. Ring the door bell and in the flat the light bulb dies.

The other night I was walking down the street and ever time I passed under a street light the light would flicker until I was a few steps away again.

But my magic is dying.... when it was strong I would look at a friend's monitor and windows would crash. Ah those were the days.

• Like 1

Currently at FanExpo in Vancouver. Got my picture taken with Stan Lee. Felt like a kid seeing Santa stuffing the tree.

Excelsior, true believer!

Sadly the man is so popular he doesn't have time to personalize signatures and such. he's signing your stuff before you even get to him just to get through the throng in the allotted time.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The other night I was walking down the street and ever time I passed under a street light the light would flicker until I was a few steps away again.

That used to happen to me too. I'd walk home from a friend's house at night when I was a kid and there was this one row of street lights in particular. I didn't see it as magical, however. More like Freddy Kruger creepy...to the point I'd move and walk down the middle of the road instead. :lol:

I didn't actually watch those movies as a kid but I did read a lot of books ... funny how parents can be so strict about TV/film but forget about books. :-

...alternated between the desktop, the couch, outdoor patio, and mild strength-exercising in the garage. Now unsure what to do with myself, when I feel like I can neither sit/lie or move/exercise for extended periods of time. heh

That was one slow Saturday, minutes turned into hours, the weather was dreary and the sky was uniformly flat and gray, the colors where all gone; replaced by black and white, there was hardly any sound at all besides the sound of my heart pumping blood through my veins in slow-mo, the mesmerizing ticking of my wall clock and tiny raindrops hitting the windows.

I stared out of the windows doing absolutely nothing, and absolutely nothing happened, it felt like being trapped in a surreal parallel universe.

That was......awesome.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.