What you did today

Gorth

Talking about gender recognition and clothing/outfits in games has me once again sidetracked into pondering why clothing manufacturer's always seem to assume that a very short woman must have the narrow shoulder width of a 10 year old child. So I either end up with a t-shirt that's way too long and tent-like, or one that fits well around the torso but is so tight in the shoulder that I can barely move my arms. *shakes fist at the fashion industry*

Anyone still sew their own clothes? Perhaps I should start a new Kickstarter for clothing for wide-shouldered but small and short women. With cat appliques, of course.

Being myself a fellow of wide shoulder and tiny legs I can sympathise. Off the peg suits are an impossible dream.

Not sure a kickstarter is needed. really all you need is to find an agreeable and trustworthy needle-weilder.

Start with those specifications and then add a decade of unhealthy eating... Sigh.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have a sowing kit, but learning to use a machine might actually be a worthwhile endeavor. I just think it would take too long to get really good at it, good enough to sow your own suit.

I've only known one person (friend of my mother) who could sew serious dress-up clothes (for women too) and make them look off the rack. She sewed as a hobby, not career, but she was great at it. At the moment there are no skilled sewers in my life and I'm not paying a shop to alter my usually cheap clothing. :lol: I do think I should get a sewing machine again tho. I can do a lot by hand, but most of the time I'm too lazy to bother.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It boggles my mind why no one makes clothing for (hobby-) athletes.

Some do, but I'm not sure that they ship overseas. I'm sure that there has to be something similar in the Euro-zone.

You don't know until you ask - I'll send then an email if they ship their stuff to good ole EU, maybe I'm lucky. Thanks for the link!

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Idle experiment in progress: does using the default IPBoard theme change the weird behavior of the quotes and deletions and other things ... we shall see. This theme is certainly a lot ... brighter. I still personally find black text on lighter backgrounds easier to read, even with the extra brightness. Maybe I should keep it this way. And I didn't do much today, except spend money on some new things to spiff up the PC a bit.

Btw, Gorth, your avatar looks a bit strange when placed on a white background instead of black. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Darnit, can't see the little CRT TV/DVD combo screen. I need a bigger desk!

mydeskarea-05.jpg

• Like 1

Up betimes and ate steak. Then settled down with a good bottle of Chilean Syrah-Grenache and Space Marine.

That game is both my favourite and the one I despise the most. The controls are almost random regarding when you pull a move or not, and I fething hate that. But equally I've never played any other computer game that made one feel actually victorious and got the pulse genuinely thumping like a kettle drum.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

At least you have a desk LadyCrimson, I have one of those cart like desks. Annoying lack of space :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So nope, different forum theme doesn't cure the Delete key issue....oh well. ;)

Soundblaster Z comes with a lot of red neon lights, apparently. Gonna have to rip those out. :p Other than that, while I think serious audiophiles wouldn't like it, it's still an improvement over the old soundblaster I was using. Punchier bass and, with my usual pretty extreme EQ fiddling, treble that finally doesn't break my eardrums when wearing headphones, while still sounding fine with speakers. eg, less drastic volume/pitch differences between speakers and headphones, which is what I was looking for.

I resigned from my job a while back, and today is my first day when I'm supposed to be applying for new ones. Had an awesome home holiday and feel about five years younger. But even my savings won't hold out forever.

I'd like job suggestions from the forum, if the honourable members will oblige. I got fethed off with the old one.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I resigned from my job a while back, and today is my first day when I'm supposed to be applying for new ones. Had an awesome home holiday and feel about five years younger. But even my savings won't hold out forever.

I'd like job suggestions from the forum, if the honourable members will oblige. I got fethed off with the old one.

"privates" investigator!

• Like 3

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Talking about gender recognition and clothing/outfits in games has me once again sidetracked into pondering why clothing manufacturer's always seem to assume that a very short woman must have the narrow shoulder width of a 10 year old child. So I either end up with a t-shirt that's way too long and tent-like, or one that fits well around the torso but is so tight in the shoulder that I can barely move my arms. *shakes fist at the fashion industry*

Anyone still sew their own clothes? Perhaps I should start a new Kickstarter for clothing for wide-shouldered but small and short women. With cat appliques, of course.

I'm not sure about this being a women-only issue. I can buy a shirt that allows me to button at the neck (and wear a tie), fit the length of my arms or cover my entire torso, but not all three at once without looking like I decided to wear a small tent.

I usually opt for not wearing a tie. Thankfully I'm in a line of work where it isn't really necessary.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How is your Finnish?

Edited by Serrano

Run for office.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had my taxes done yesterday and am getting a nice refund. \o/

Odds are that you simply should've taken a bigger deduction.  A big refund means that you essentially gave the government an interest-free loan for a year.  :ermm:

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Did lots of gardening today, man, I had completely forgotten how exhausting digging a bunch of vegetable beds with a simple shovel is, one day of excessive gardening totally replaces biceps preacher curls, dumbbell butterflies, barbell rows and nose breaker triceps curls.    :blink:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wals: kickstart the world's first up-scale bangers & mash restaurant-****-matchmaker spectacle, set in a steampunk aesthetic.