What you did today

Gorth

Had a thoroughly depressing case today... all the parties were young and basically two lives were probably ****ed up for good over it... the vic had blown a total headgasket over what had taken place and my client, who had severe mental issues of his own, was hit with massive damages over it. I mean, usually I can just shrug and say that I gave it my best shot and move on, but now I just dunno. I guess I can draw comfort from the fact that this could very well be a "career worst" type of case, but still...

Tomorrow's a lot better, though, strong-arm robbery where my client's basically a wise guy. Easy to deal with, sense of humor and philosophical about the punishment and appreciative of my efforts to get him of the hook (easy to get motivated for, since the co-defendants have tried to set him us a patsy).

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Slightly under the weather (thank you random allergies in the spring) and work is pretty hectic this week with performance reviews, about 15 new projects (real number closer to 5) and a calendar full of meetings that don't really accomplish anything. Thanks to all that I've missed a couple of workouts this week as well which makes me feel even more blah.

On the bright side I found a place nearby that makes some really great pho so all in all I think this week has been a net plus 

EDIT: As soon as I posted this I get a call from GrubHub saying that my order cannot be fulfilled as the Vietnamese family that runs the restaurant had a family emergency and that the restaurant will be closed for the next 3 weeks while they are out of the country.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've had KFC maybe four times in the past ten years. They pissed me off by discontinuing the onion nuggets.

A Carl's Jr. opened up nearby a few months ago and I still haven't been. Does it suck?

I also drove by my favorite golf course today, just to torture myself. It's supposed to snow another 10 centimeters this weekend.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

A Carl's Jr. opened up nearby a few months ago and I still haven't been. Does it suck?

They can vary from restaurant to restaurant, and month to month (employee turnover) like most fast food joints. A good one is decent - for fast food - if you like your burgers messier, bigger, more flavor, vs. the fried-oil tasting hockey pucks of McD's. I don't like Jack n the Box or Taco Bell and outside of the fries, neither of us eats at McD's unless forced to while on vacation...so Carl's Jr. is where we go when in a hurry. They're definitely not the cheapest, however...at least where we live.

...and urgh, today I was completely burnt out. Zombiefied. But that didn't stop me from wondering if I could come up with some YouTube channel idea that would actually be worth trying to become a Partner. Probably not, but it hasn't kept my brain from considering it. It's not the possible small funds, it's just ... something that might be interesting to try, because it is there. I like video editing/making, could be fun, and I could use a new hobby to focus on, since gaming becomes less and less of a thing for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a surprise forklift test, 11 hours in to my last 12 hour night shift of the week on a truck I haven't used in years with a monotrol gas peddle (you press down on one side for forwards, the other for reverse) and new boots. Not fun. Despite being brain dead, only did one minor thing wrong. Better than the last time I had one a couple of years back when I was more awake.

I only use the things when my material handler is on break, or is off for the day, or if I'm taking out and cleaning out a coolant tank/chip conveyor which at times is a two truck job.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

By law, we're supposed to get tested (written & practical) every 18 months & 3 years. It used to be outsourced when I was first licensed. Since that was someone coming in from the outside, I had a heads up. I also had a different job in the plant then, and they could bring an extra temp in for the day so I was free to do it, and production wouldn't have been hurt.

Now we have people trained in plant to do it. The trouble is, they also have their regular jobs to do, so they do it whenever they can. At first it was okay, because one of the testers who was also a machinist on the same shift as me would do it, and give me the heads up that she was going to do it at a good time for the both of us. Then for whatever reason, someone decided that someone working on the same shift (or was it department? I can't remember.) as someone else couldn't test them. That's when the fun began.

At least the time before, the previous tester made a point to come in just after midnight, and do as many of us as she could. 1am for me is a lot better than 7am. Her regular job is in the office, so she can get away with doing that for the ones she is scheduled to test (in a good way.) The guy who tested me today is a mechanic, so he can't get away with doing that.

They do a lot of silly/stupid things in there that only make sense to the person in charge of making them up.

• Like 2

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Well, today being better than yesterday turned out to be mostly theoretical. Took 10 hours, prosecutor complained about my billing (so that in addition to helping my client for what's basically a fraction of my regular charge, I'm probably not going to get compensated for all the time I actually spent on the case...) Wasn't really in the zone, myself, and everybody else was busy shifting blame on my client. The fact that he was all chivalrous and doing the opposite for the two ladies, the younger of which was, admittedly, absolutely stunning, just gave me that sensation of a good case slipping away from my fingers.

After the past week, also starting to feel depression rearing it's ugly head again. Guess I should be happy it didn't hit me around Xmas when things were actually crappy... The problem is, there's so much I'd need to talk about, and, well, being in a strange city, there's basically no one I could talk to, and due to the secrecy requirements... it's not like I could say anything, even if things were different. I've basically just realised why most criminal lawyers are heavy drinkers, I guess. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Notary coming out next Wed. now. Mortgage savings more than we expected. Been some tight/cautious years but I guess it's going to be worth it, financially/future wise. Living where we do, wasn't sure we'd ever get there, but seems like we might. *knock on wood*

You know what this means, right? ... my next PC (when I get around to it) will be rockin'.

Dang, has it really been 5 years since we moved back up here? I must have been drunk the whole time because I have no memory of it all.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've noticed that (particularly) lately, activity drastically slows down here (and forums in general) almost every Friday. I mean, it's like you all have lives and plans or something. :disguise:

*sighs, sits in her chair watching stupid cat videos....at least until hubby gets home*

Well, today being better than yesterday turned out to be mostly theoretical. Took 10 hours, prosecutor complained about my billing (so that in addition to helping my client for what's basically a fraction of my regular charge, I'm probably not going to get compensated for all the time I actually spent on the case...) Wasn't really in the zone, myself, and everybody else was busy shifting blame on my client. The fact that he was all chivalrous and doing the opposite for the two ladies, the younger of which was, admittedly, absolutely stunning, just gave me that sensation of a good case slipping away from my fingers.

After the past week, also starting to feel depression rearing it's ugly head again. Guess I should be happy it didn't hit me around Xmas when things were actually crappy... The problem is, there's so much I'd need to talk about, and, well, being in a strange city, there's basically no one I could talk to, and due to the secrecy requirements... it's not like I could say anything, even if things were different. I've basically just realised why most criminal lawyers are heavy drinkers, I guess. :p

May I suggest Buddhism or Stoicism as alternatives to Alcoholism? You won't have as much fun but you'll probably live longer.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've noticed that (particularly) lately, activity drastically slows down here (and forums in general) almost every Friday. I mean, it's like you all have lives and plans or something. :disguise:

*sighs, sits in her chair watching stupid cat videos....at least until hubby gets home*

Meh, a social life is overrated! Today was a so so today, urgent issue waited for me when I got in at 0740, and I wanted today to be a nice calm day too. Looking ahead to a boring weekend, cleaning, watching the doggies and maybe studying a bit. Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The question is not so much what I've done.. it's more what I'm going to do.. heheheheheheheheeee

Shut up! that was a stupid decision and I hate you..

Mon Dieu ..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Lex potentially worshiping the porcelain god doesn't exactly conjure up images of "super genius ultimate evil." :cat:

..it's going to take me a bit before I get bored of this Lex thing. ;)

...I have my two wonderful cats, but the past couple days I've been feeling the urge to get myself another dwarf hamster. They are just too cute.

• Like 1

Talking about gender recognition and clothing/outfits in games has me once again sidetracked into pondering why clothing manufacturer's always seem to assume that a very short woman must have the narrow shoulder width of a 10 year old child. So I either end up with a t-shirt that's way too long and tent-like, or one that fits well around the torso but is so tight in the shoulder that I can barely move my arms. *shakes fist at the fashion industry*

Anyone still sew their own clothes? Perhaps I should start a new Kickstarter for clothing for wide-shouldered but small and short women. With cat appliques, of course.

Talking about gender recognition and clothing/outfits in games has me once again sidetracked into pondering why clothing manufacturer's always seem to assume that a very short woman must have the narrow shoulder width of a 10 year old child. So I either end up with a t-shirt that's way too long and tent-like, or one that fits well around the torso but is so tight in the shoulder that I can barely move my arms. *shakes fist at the fashion industry*

Anyone still sew their own clothes? Perhaps I should start a new Kickstarter for clothing for wide-shouldered but small and short women. With cat appliques, of course.

Being myself a fellow of wide shoulder and tiny legs I can sympathise. Off the peg suits are an impossible dream.

Not sure a kickstarter is needed. really all you need is to find an agreeable and trustworthy needle-weilder.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I thought the conspiracy was against those of the tall inclination. I mean, it costs more fabric to garb a man who stands 190. The same would be true for shoes and the textile industry is largely located were people aren't very tall.

I have a sowing kit, but learning to use a machine might actually be a worthwhile endeavor. I just think it would take too long to get really good at it, good enough to sow your own suit.

Ghandi did it, but honestly he isn't really known for his quality .. whatever those things were called.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Don't get me even started with clothing, since I started lifting weights a couple of years ago I can't find clothes that fit me and I'm nowhere near the level of a professional body builder, heck, it wasn't easy before I started weight exercise. Just buy bigger sizes? Nope, shirts are either too long or they were designed for people with huge bellies.

It boggles my mind why no one makes clothing for (hobby-) athletes.

What I did today? I've been buying clothes, besides the size issue its getting increasingly hard to find stuff that looks halfway decent, skinny jeans and retro nerd style that makes me look like a 60 year old all over the place. Its ridiculous.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It boggles my mind why no one makes clothing for (hobby-) athletes.

Some do, but I'm not sure that they ship overseas. I'm sure that there has to be something similar in the Euro-zone.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/