What you did today

Gorth

*sigh* I can't even get one day on the weekend of my birthday off.

I need a new job >.<

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It was really windy late last night, which meant that listening to it while lying in bed, my paranoid fears of some tree branch falling on my car or something grew with every intense rattling of the windows and each thumping noise of things blowing around in the wind, making it hard to fall asleep. Thankfully, all that happened was our yard now needs an intense raking.

Hubby and I are pretty tired of this refinancing the mortgage process ... they were going to send someone to the house with all the papers to sign tomorrow, but (for the dozenth time) suddenly find out they need yet one more "thing" from us first, so it's been delayed again. Hopefully still get it finished this week. In case you're wondering, there's no local office to go to, so part of the delay is the problem of distance whenever they need us to send them one more piece of info or tax return or our first born child or whatever. PITA.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Rosbjerg looks like Lex Luthor from Smallville.

Oh god, can't stop laughing. Plus, it's true!

I've been called Lex, Hitman, Moby and god knows what.. Discrimination I say! Bald people are not all the same!

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Rosbjerg looks like Lex Luthor from Smallville.

Oh god, can't stop laughing. Plus, it's true!

I've been called Lex, Hitman, Moby and god knows what.. Discrimination I say! Bald people are not all the same!

Clearly, you need to grow an awesome goatee and tweeze your eyebrows a bit, so they can all call you "Ming" instead. 

Edited by Enoch

Apparently there is a USS Ponce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ponce_%28LPD-15%29

Proof that you can be a multi-million dollar death machine and still get mocked.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ponce_%28LPD-15%29

Proof that you can be a multi-million dollar death machine and still get mocked.

Named for a city in Puerto Rico, apparently.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ponce_(LPD-15)

I'm positive that the fact that it's a transport dock is some type of stealth pun... :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Mildly disappointing day. After going over my upcoming trip with the wife and her family it looks like Helsinki is out and Saint Petersburg is in, which also means jumping through hoops to get a visa. Also looking into maybe getting an ultrabook or something for the trip as the laptop I use for work kinda sucks and my wife's laptop is a huge 17 inch beast of a gaming laptop that is a pain to lug around.

Other than that doing some minor prep for going back to school in the fall but I have almost no interest in it at this point and I feel like I'm just checking something off of a list rather than my degree being a real goal or achievement

Free games updated 3/4/21

Mildly disappointing day. After going over my upcoming trip with the wife and her family it looks like Helsinki is out and Saint Petersburg is in, which also means jumping through hoops to get a visa. Also looking into maybe getting an ultrabook or something for the trip as the laptop I use for work kinda sucks and my wife's laptop is a huge 17 inch beast of a gaming laptop that is a pain to lug around.

Other than that doing some minor prep for going back to school in the fall but I have almost no interest in it at this point and I feel like I'm just checking something off of a list rather than my degree being a real goal or achievement

That trip does sound fun, I have never been to Russia. Are you going to look Oby up when you are there?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Clearly, you need to grow an awesome goatee and tweeze your eyebrows a bit, so they can all call you "Ming" instead.

Stop it, y'all are killing me. :lol:

....still too windy to rake (eg, it'd be pointless). At this rate the house is going to be buried under maple leaves by the weekend. Might have to get a shovel instead of a rake. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Boo, hiss.

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today I have been actching up on Youtube material on (obviously) Project Eternity, and also Felicia Day.

I'm doing admin, so it's basically radio, but I still think Felicia is sexy in my ears.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I still don't get the appeal of that woman, but oh well. Another pointless day, kind of wishing Spring would start - warm now, but back to winter temps and freezing rain tonight.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

From windy/cloudy/occasionally drizzly (60-70F) to sunny/hot (85F-90F) in the space of 30 hours. And predicted to go back down to 65-70F by late week. That's Spring in California by the Bay for you. At least lately. Not a complaint, mind you. Just a wonderment of the fickleness of nature/weather.

Rosj, If you and I ever hung out wearing the right things, we'd blow nerds MINDS (I look a LOT like Clark Kent.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think we both need to get in better shape first though hehe.. But if I can ever afford it I'll buy that flight to America, travel the country, swing by you and we'll rock some random Comic-Con.

How's this for villainous?

lexoi.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

How's this for villainous?

:thumbsup:

So...Calax as Clark and Ros as Lex. Maybe we can have a casting call for the other roles and have an Obsidian forumite Smallville production. :lol:

My workmate is an... interesting chap.

He gets bored easily and starts absurd conversations or tries to find ways to entertain himself.

Tonight he ran out of things to do so he hunted around the supply room for tape and created a web around me/my desk and wanted me to try and get out without touching any of it.

It was like a low budget homage to the movie Entrapment

• Like 2

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Slightly more convincing than Olyphaunt as 47.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cutting back on caffeine was successful ... for about two weeks maybe. Then back to normal. And now beyond. Take a guess why I can't sleep the past few nights. :p

It was like a low budget homage to the movie Entrapment

Meaning that it was all an elaborate excuse to get a good long look at your butt in tight spandex? 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Cutting back on caffeine was successful ... for about two weeks maybe. Then back to normal. And now beyond. Take a guess why I can't sleep the past few nights. :p

Set a timetable. No coffe after 20:00. Other than that no need to torture yourself by going cold turkey.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.