What you did today

Gorth

FNG recognized my cell ring tone was from MW2, so I guess he's not all that bad.

I've been using BSG 'Action Stations' as my ring tone ... :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I've concluded one reason I can be a master procrastinator about doing anything that requires leaving the house or more than a trip to get milk  is that I don't like clothes. Or shoes. And thus I think the world needs to get past the notion that one has to have a certain amount of clothing or a certain standard of non-slovenly appearance in order to be socially (or even legally) acceptable. :p

:lol:

One of the advantages of living in suburbia and being a stranger to your neighbours, unless they show up with torches and pitchforks, you can pretty much not give a damn about appearances :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

FNG recognized my cell ring tone was from MW2, so I guess he's not all that bad.

I've been using BSG 'Action Stations' as my ring tone ... :)

90's RTS music is pretty awesome for ring tones. Well, I guess Hell March wouldn't work as one...
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The big news item over the last two days has been that it was going to snow. Infrastructure and traffic was sure to be doomed. On the spot reporters made sure that I was going to be the first to know the minuite it ... snowed.

So, there was some snow. The busses are all still running. Nothing ever happens in Denmark. I mean sometimes you even long for an earthquake or a tsunami. No, not really, but it really is provincial.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The big news item over the last two days has been that it was going to snow. Infrastructure and traffic was sure to be doomed. On the spot reporters made sure that I was going to be the first to know the minuite it ... snowed.

So, there was some snow. The busses are all still running. Nothing ever happens in Denmark. I mean sometimes you even long for an earthquake or a tsunami. No, not really, but it really is provincial.

Having experienced both cyclones and earthquakes up close and personal, I have to disappoint you, they are somewhat overrated :)

Never tried the tsunami thing though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Today I finished X-com enemy unknown after 4 days of near continuous play. I loved every last bit of it.

• Like 3

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

i feel like a plague doctor

every night i get home from work and hear wheezing and coughing throughout the house. everyone is sick except for me, and i kinda hope it stays that way

got a new tv and xbox set up in my room, so the gf's been huddled up in blankets playing fable and mass effect. her excuse for being horrible at said games is that she's sick and is allowed to suck  :lol: 

• Like 1

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Its a public holiday in South Africa today, Human Rights Day, so I am going to go to gym shortly and then relax and play Far Cry 3 :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its a public holiday in South Africa today, Human Rights Day, so I am going to go to gym shortly and then relax and play Far Cry 3 :)

Doesn't sound as fun as going around and beating up a few deviants... ;)

Joking aside, my current host country doesn't exactly have a stellar human rights record. For fun, look up the referendum of 1967 (which later resulted in the aboriginal population being "reclassified" from 'Flora and Fauna' to 'Human Beings').

• Like 1

Doesn't sound as fun as going around and beating up a few deviants... ;)

Joking aside, my current host country doesn't exactly have a stellar human rights record. For fun, look up the referendum of 1967 (which later resulted in the aboriginal population being "reclassified" from 'Flora and Fauna' to 'Human Beings').

Yeah, the Australians also have a some somewhat checkered past when it comes historical treatment of the original inhabitants. Its the same as the Americans actually :)

We do take this day seriously on certain levels  and its a remembrance of the Sharpeville massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpeville_Massacre

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Grg. Got that last 8 days before I fly out and trying to sort out all the odds and ends. Which is when budgetary issues crop up, since I need to get a new phone (with quad-band), pick up a jacket suitable for the weather that as opposed to the heavier jackets I have in my wardrobe at present, a few bits and pieces of other clothes.. .. and to top it off my pc's psu is starting to make funny noises... >_<

Trying to make a list of all the small bits and pieces so I can work through it in some sensible manner, while also figuring out who can deal with things while I'm away. Make sure someones cleaning the kitty litter, someone's dealing with mom's drug supplies and sorting the pills out for those two weeks, the assorted odds, ends and general tasks that are likely to get forgotten about.

On the one hand, this might make a good practice run for the family for dealing with things when I'm not around. Highlights any difficulties people have in stepping up to the bat for when I get a full time job or such. On the other.. the last time I was gone for 3 or so days no-one remembered to deal with the kitty litter, and I've been out for a day and come back to find mom didn't have a single thing to drink because no-one thought to see if she wanted one and she was having a bad day so she didn't make one herself...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I finished X-com enemy unknown after 4 days of near continuous play. I loved every last bit of it.

Reminds I have to force myself to finish that, think I'm at the Gollop chamber. Then I can free up that HD space.

A day off for 'Human Rights Day' ? Bunch of slackers, tsk. You should at least celebrate it by doing something like handing out pamphlets for awareness or something. Reminds me of back home though, they're smart and give days off like candy :p
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Reminds I have to force myself to finish that, think I'm at the Gollop chamber. Then I can free up that HD space.

>Its a public holiday in South Africa today, Human Rights Day, so I am going to go to gym shortly and then relax and play Far Cry 3 :)

A day off for 'Human Rights Day' ? Bunch of slackers, tsk. You should at least celebrate it by doing something like handing out pamphlets for awareness or something. Reminds me of back home though, they're smart and give days off like candy :p

Well we do have fantastic barbeque's and drink loads, so at least we put some effort in on this public holiday. And you know that a barbecue is hard work !!! :biggrin:  

John Milton 

just spend 200€/260$ I don't have on books I unfortunately need.. College is expensive yo!

So now I'm going abuse some "opening offers" to get free coffee until 6'o clock and then free beer until midnight.. hmm, I guess I shouldn't complain.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Showed up for work on my day off... that I requested myself a week ago.   I'm sooo tired. Have been the whole week.

Oh my hat !!!

Did you forget you were on leave?

John Milton 

It's not like it happened today Gorgon, but you are not alone. I did the same thing few years back on a holidays day off, on top of that I called my foreman asking why it's so empty today?  :facepalm:

And that's not even the top of glacier there were worse episodes.

I wish  you to have a good rest. 

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Well, after about 9 or so years using the same old Motorola phone on a Vodafone pay-as-you-go... It finally reached a point where I needed to upgrade. Having 3 hours of battery life (unless I actually made or recieved a phone call) did suggest a new phone was indeed needed.

So I got to spend an afternoon browsing around various phone shops, and ended up on a "proper" monthly contract with a blackberry smart phone. Now the joys of learning all the ins and outs... and the software..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."