Amazing Kickstarter project which have been released so far.

Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded drops at midnight PDT!!!

Unless you want the Steam version, that comes out tomorrow at 10ish

I'm so excited.  Larry Laffer back in the saddle again!  Too bad I have to wait until I get home from work to play it tomorrow.  Wait...  I feel sickness coming on...  nah, better not.

:p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I am awaiting awesome spoiler free review of this game from you :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, I'm already slightly lost as some of the few things I remember from the first game have been changed a bit... and the fact that I suck at these types of games. Having fun so far though

I am also keen to try this game, it will just be a nostalgic sojourn for me. I won't expect much but some mild  entertainment :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A Kickstarter I backed earlier this year is out. I'm downloading it on Steam right now! :)

What am I on about? Well, it's Legends of Dawn - an open action CRPG with a creative spellcrafting system and something of a NWN2-look about it.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A Kickstarter I backed earlier this year is out. I'm downloading it on Steam right now! :)

What am I on about? Well, it's Legends of Dawn - an open action CRPG with a creative spellcrafting system and something of a NWN2-look about it.

Keep us updated around your view on this game, I am interested :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, I'm already slightly lost as some of the few things I remember from the first game have been changed a bit... and the fact that I suck at these types of games. Having fun so far though

I am also keen to try this game, it will just be a nostalgic sojourn for me. I won't expect much but some mild  entertainment :)

I downloaded it last night, but only had time to start a new game and attempt to cross the road...

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I downloaded it last night, but only had time to start a new game and attempt to cross the road...

Please also keep us updated on your view of this game

John Milton 

Alright, BruceVC and others - first impressions of Legends of Dawn after some hour into the game:

-The game feels absolutely vast. I'm the nosy kind of player that rummages through everything, and I've barely left the starting village.

-It's crammed with crafting components and runes - especially the runes used to unlock "code-locked" chests is a fun feature.

-Making your own spells is fab. I made a "toxic missile" early on that damages opponents with disease and drain their damage power, sort of a dirty missile, and I have killed my first spider with it.

-The very few fights I've been have been intense and rather close combat. I'm trying to make a bow build, but it seems it's hard to use bows far off. In a way, that's a god thing, coz in Skyrim, you snuck and shot critters from afar.

-I like that it's not a stress-fest action RPG like Diablo 3, but more of a nice pastime kind of CRPG.

-I stumbled into a meticulously trapped place where I met my untimely demise to a ten ton cleaver.

-There are no autosaves, so I lost some twenty minutes because I didn't save. The beginning is so calm, so when you finally find action, it easily overwhelms you.

-The music and feel is moody and mellow at the same time.

-I'm playing a thief, and although I didn't think I was seen stealing, two merchant town factions hate me already.

-There are some decent VO and the tone fits the shady role I'm playing pretty well.

-I picked an elf and got to pick from hairstyles from hell. Think Mad Max and elves!

-It's a game that so far feels a bit like Divine Divinity, but with a less usable environment, and like Kingdoms of Amalur minus the gargantuan truckload of story that game with that game. But this game seems to be random-seed generated, maps and critters and all, so it's still pretty unique. Graphically, it's no Skyrim, but rather old - it can't even beat NWN2, and that's like six years old now, no? Having said that, I still like what they've done.

-And beware, running off a cliff is a bad idea. I fell and died with a scream and a thud.

-Already the start I think merits the amount of money they ask for now on Steam. It's 20 % off, so that's like 15 euros.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Wrong thread. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alright, BruceVC and others - first impressions of Legends of Dawn after some hour into the game:

-The game feels absolutely vast. I'm the nosy kind of player that rummages through everything, and I've barely left the starting village.

-It's crammed with crafting components and runes - especially the runes used to unlock "code-locked" chests is a fun feature.

-Making your own spells is fab. I made a "toxic missile" early on that damages opponents with disease and drain their damage power, sort of a dirty missile, and I have killed my first spider with it.

-The very few fights I've been have been intense and rather close combat. I'm trying to make a bow build, but it seems it's hard to use bows far off. In a way, that's a god thing, coz in Skyrim, you snuck and shot critters from afar.

-I like that it's not a stress-fest action RPG like Diablo 3, but more of a nice pastime kind of CRPG.

-I stumbled into a meticulously trapped place where I met my untimely demise to a ten ton cleaver.

-There are no autosaves, so I lost some twenty minutes because I didn't save. The beginning is so calm, so when you finally find action, it easily overwhelms you.

-The music and feel is moody and mellow at the same time.

-I'm playing a thief, and although I didn't think I was seen stealing, two merchant town factions hate me already.

-There are some decent VO and the tone fits the shady role I'm playing pretty well.

-I picked an elf and got to pick from hairstyles from hell. Think Mad Max and elves!

-It's a game that so far feels a bit like Divine Divinity, but with a less usable environment, and like Kingdoms of Amalur minus the gargantuan truckload of story that game with that game. But this game seems to be random-seed generated, maps and critters and all, so it's still pretty unique. Graphically, it's no Skyrim, but rather old - it can't even beat NWN2, and that's like six years old now, no? Having said that, I still like what they've done.

-And beware, running off a cliff is a bad idea. I fell and died with a scream and a thud.

-Already the start I think merits the amount of money they ask for now on Steam. It's 20 % off, so that's like 15 euros.

Wow, good information. Thanks Indira for all the details :)

John Milton 

Oh I just realized that I helped fund this game so I should be able to get it for free :dancing:

John Milton 

Legends of Dawn is a game that has all the features and components in place, but zero polish, none, zip, nada.  The game plays like a beta (an early one at that) rather than a finished game.  You can also tell it's made by an inexperienced team by a lot of the design choices.  There are some cool things in the game but they're not necessarily implemented particularly well.  Very little is explained, a few of the tooltips are actually helpful but many are pretty much useless.  It's a game that hands you a bunch of stuff and says "figure it out", which is fine for me but will surely be a turn off for many people.  The game, in many ways, plays like something at least a decade old, with some of the good and definitely much of the bad that comes with that.  There's a bunch of neat ideas in there, but a lot of the implementation could have been much better.  This is a cake that definitely needed to sit several more months in the oven.  Still, it's got a weird clunky charm to it and I'm looking forward to playing it some more when I get home.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^^^^^

A lot of that is how I would describe Pandora - Purge of Pride.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Legends of Dawn is a game that has all the features and components in place, but zero polish, none, zip, nada.  The game plays like a beta (an early one at that) rather than a finished game.  You can also tell it's made by an inexperienced team by a lot of the design choices.  There are some cool things in the game but they're not necessarily implemented particularly well.  Very little is explained, a few of the tooltips are actually helpful but many are pretty much useless.  It's a game that hands you a bunch of stuff and says "figure it out", which is fine for me but will surely be a turn off for many people.  The game, in many ways, plays like something at least a decade old, with some of the good and definitely much of the bad that comes with that.  There's a bunch of neat ideas in there, but a lot of the implementation could have been much better.  This is a cake that definitely needed to sit several more months in the oven.  Still, it's got a weird clunky charm to it and I'm looking forward to playing it some more when I get home.

Keyrock: It turns out you were right! :yes:

I was far too optimistic on this game, perhaps because I backed it on Kickstarter, which I now regret. It is bordering on terrible, which is a sad fact indeed. Kingdoms of Amalur is a million times better, and that says it all, I reckon. I gave it several shots after the patches, but now I have uninstalled it and I will never touch the game again, not even with a stick wearing RPG-rose-tinted glasses. :cat:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, I think this thread needs a little bit of digging out of the grave and blow of the dirt and settled dust.

So, except the amazing Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, Dead State and Shadowrun: Dragonfall, what are the other kickstarter games, that were released after august 2013 and requires our full attention?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think you listed all the ones I've played

Jagged Alliance Flashback came out but I didn't hear anything about it here nor have I played it

JA:Flashback is weird.  I can't get into it.  I have it, and I backed it, and I've tried to start a new game a few times.