Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

"Amy Adams is great too but they made Lois too reckless, put her in situations that didn't make much sense,"

Lois is always reckless. I just like the fact they didn't make this Lois an 'ice princess' in this one.

True, if anything this had to be one of the most accurate portrayals of Lois Lane in a movie.

I enjoyed Man of Steel. Lets hope it is more of a Batman Begins than a X-Men.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yes, Amy Adams was definitely one of the best parts of the movie. The other best actor award in the film goes to Jor El.

Also, I don't mind they made Perry White (lol) black.. but, why choose such an intimidating physical figure? He towers over everyone. Heh. I do like that side story of Perry and his lackies in their pursuit fo survival.

"I enjoyed Man of Steel. Lets hope it is more of a Batman Begins than a X-Men."

It is better than Batman begins which was okay but is oevrrated. X Men is pretty damn good. I even liked the later movies even though they suffered backlash.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I enjoyed Man of Steel. Lets hope it is more of a Batman Begins than a X-Men."

It is better than Batman begins which was okay but is oevrrated. X Men is pretty damn good. I even liked the later movies even though they suffered backlash.

Reception it got at the time was good for the time it was released. However since then most of the "OH EM GEE GUYZ! THIS IS AWESOME!" is overblown.

Begins was the film that made comics viable again, and Batman works in the "Gritty real world" setting. Superman doesn't.

Saw the Last Stand with Arnie. Arnie honestly, one of the best action flicks I've seen in a while. Doesn't bump it's scope to high, and is perfect for what it wants to be. And it's actually more memorable than a lot of action movies. Particularly in not having twitchy camera all over the place, and giving some good old fashioned FX for gore etc (not all of it though)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Begins was the film that made comics viable again,"

I thoguht XMen and Spdierman did that first.

"and Batman works in the "Gritty real world" setting. Superman doesn't."

True, but Superman can be done gritty too. The difference is Batman is human and has human frailties while Superman doesn't. Still.. I love how they went to a certain spot for Supes in thsi one.

"Begins was the film that made comics viable again,"

I thoguht XMen and Spdierman did that first.

True, although Begins made them all much more grounded in reality, and basically caused a reboot of almost every single comic property since it came out.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Begins did bump Batman into the highest selling comic. Unfortunately, DC wants to shove Batman into everything now and a quarter of the books they publish are Batman or Batman spin-offs, not counting team books like Justice League or Teen Titans.

And if Begins is what caused BND then I wish it was never made.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Amy Adams is great too but they made Lois too reckless, put her in situations that didn't make much sense,"

Lois is always reckless. I just like the fact they didn't make this Lois an 'ice princess' in this one.

Lois isn't reckless for its own sake.

Her deciding to follow Clark when they were in the arctic was way too contrived and made no sense.

"Lois isn't reckless for its own sake."

Which version of Lois have you watched? She is always neededlessly reckless.

And, that decision of hers made perfect sense.

"Lois isn't reckless for its own sake."

Which version of Lois have you watched? She is always neededlessly reckless.

And, that decision of hers made perfect sense.

Lois is reckless when she's pursuing a story.

There was no reason for her to follow Clark there.

Remember, that was before she started investigating Clark. She was in the arctic because the military discovered a mysterious object buried under the ice.

There was no reason for her to even notice some random worker who happened to be wandering around.

Sure, there is. Did you even watch the movie? And, yes, she is reckless and takes chances, but she ahd every reason to do what she did. It is obvious you are not a journalist or an adventurer.

That trailer makes it look potentially good. Could use a decent summer sci-fi flick. But will it have the ultra shaky camera work of District 9? :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watched a documentary called Robert Mugabe... What Happened? I enjoyed it a lot, very interesting and I thought it portrayed him in a pretty balanced light considering the mixed opinions of him.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sure, there is. Did you even watch the movie? And, yes, she is reckless and takes chances, but she ahd every reason to do what she did. It is obvious you are not a journalist or an adventurer.

What reason was there for Lois to do that? Just saying that there's a reason doesn't make it true. She had no reason to suspect Clark of anything and no reason to follow him. However, she had far more reasons to try learn more about what the military and the scientists are doing.

What does being an adventurer have to do with it? What kind of adventurer randomly stumbles upon some stranger and just starts following them? And journalists are supposed to gather something called evidence. Journalists are supposed to conduct interviews, look for useful clues, they don't just randomly follow things for no logical reason. If she had interviewed Clark or tried to interview him and thought that he was trying to hide something then maybe she would have had a reason to spy on him and follow him but she didn't.

Edited by Giantevilhead

"What reason was there for Lois to do that? Just saying that there's a reason doesn't make it true. She had no reason to suspect Clark of anything and no reason to follow him. However, she had far more reasons to try learn more about what the military and the scientists are doing.

What does being an adventurer have to do with it? What kind of adventurer randomly stumbles upon some stranger and just starts following them? And journalists are supposed to gather something called evidence. Journalists are supposed to conduct interviews, look for useful clues, they don't just randomly follow things for no logical reason. If she had interviewed Clark or tried to interview him and thought that he was trying to hide something then maybe she would have had a reason to spy on him and follow him but she didn't."

You would suck being an investigative reporter. And, you double suck udnerstanding the characetr of Lois Lane (be it in this movie or her repeated protrayals).

They are in the middle of nowhere. Some lone punk goes off on his own randomly... that should seem suspicious, and unlike you, Lois has common sense and curoristy. The military and scientists weren't going anywhere and doing she couldn't see.

Geez.. don't be ignorant.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/06/17/man-of-steel-on-my-planet-the-s-is-for-sucks-spoilers-review/

good read and an educated (as far as I can tell anyway) opinion on why the new Superman movie sucks

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Dark Skies - Amityville House with aliens instead of ghosts. Better than I expected, but that's not to say it's a good movie. I tend to find such films boring during the set-up but it picks up a bit later. Mostly I watched it because it has that lead actress from The Americans series.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They repost stuff from facebook and twitter and look handsome if they want their own show. Investigative reporting is dead. It's from an era dominated by newspapers.

I met a young journalist a couple of weeks ago. I honestly thought for a while that I was talking to a chap with a mental disorder.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Man of Steel.

I have to say, I feel like they pulled a whole bunch of elements from the Superman Earth One they did a few years back.

After watching it, I can join those who say they have mixed feelings. The back and forth flashbacks of the Kent youth seem a bit scattershot in a way, which is disapointing because they are very well done for what's there. Costner and Lane really do well as the Kents.

Henry Cavill certainly pulls out that gravitas for the role, but I'm not sure anything jumps out as exceptionally memorable in his Superman.

Zod was a bit more.. hm, interesting? I guess you could say. There's more dimensions as to why he is the way he is and just why he's doing it. Sure there's some of the megalomania, but there's also that driving need to protect the Krypton people. It's not about him wanting to rule everything per se, it's more about being a zealot in what he was born/trained/made to be. The grand protector who will be utterly ruthless in the quest to keep Krypton alive and well. But at the same time that was nicely expanded on, Zod didn't really have a great screen presence.

The action sequences are quite snappy, and really get a feel for what you imagine a fight between super-powered beings would be like. On the other hand, the collateral damage is extreme, and at no real point does Superman even seem to care about the buildings being shattered and the people in them.. So that's a mixed element..

So, yeah, hard to say. Lots of enjoyable moments, they've gone for pushing the "reality" feel of it, and losing elements of camp.. but just how far can you lose the camp of a character like Superman before you loose the.. comicness of it all?

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra