Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Mild spoiler warning. The dragon is not the end of the book either, there's a some pretty large scale stuff coming up that in fact ties a lot of the so far seemingly random encounters together

I wouldn't call it large scale stuff in the book, after the dragon is killed. Maybe large scale as it affects the realm, but not the story arc.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

While everyone's psyching up for Superman.. I'm pondering when I'll be able to get a chance at catching Much Ado About Nothing..

http://youtu.be/AAMsDP_DMHE

http://youtu.be/4Bvva_cplAs

innerspace - Much Ado About Nothing

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

yeah :facepalm: I'd much rather have Ben Affleck

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

*Spartan fanboi stuff*

I simply can't get over the sheer lunacy of suggesting the Spartans should be held up as heroes of freedom and justice. It's complete nonsense. They had the morals of a hungry wolfpack!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*Spartan fanboi stuff*

I simply can't get over the sheer lunacy of suggesting the Spartans should be held up as heroes of freedom and justice. It's complete nonsense. They had the morals of a hungry wolfpack!

But they did have a lot of good "female equality" as well as being utter bastards to their helot slaves..  They considered a woman dying in childbirth to be the equivalent of a man dying in battle...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I couldn't tell if that was a prequel or a sequel

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Man of Steel - 7.5/10  Good movie with lots awesomestuff and not so awesome stuff. I thought Lois Lane was awesome but Zod was played crappily. The out of ordeer flashbacks was dumb as it would have been better to see Clark growing up with his Earth parents in a linear time fashion.  Beginning on Krypton was good stuff. Caville was solid but not spectacular in the role.

The only question is since this is likely getting a sequel.. what do you do top top the literal earth destroying story of this one? This is a story that could have been saved for final film of a series/trilogy...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I found Man of Steel to be a mixed bag.

I really liked the slower smaller character moments. In fact, they were my favorite parts of the film. The acting really made those scenes, especially in parts where the dialogue wasn't great.

I was very impressed by the secondary characters. Colonel Hardy, General Swanwick, Perry White, Jor-El, the Kents, and Faora were all great. In fact, I really think they should have given Faora more scenes, her cold calculating attitude could have really complimented Zod's passion.

I really liked Cavill as Superman. He's able to do a lot with not much dialogue. Amy Adams is great too but they made Lois too reckless, put her in situations that didn't make much sense, and didn't really utilize her too well. As for Michael Shannon's Zod, it was really hard for me not to compare him to Terence Stamp and it's not nearly as memorable as Terance Stamp's Zod.

The action scenes, while being visually stunning, don't really serve the story too well. There was just way too much destruction in highly populated areas. The fact that they've tried to make this a more "realistic" or grounded film makes it even worse. It's not like in the animated shows where it's easy to assume that all the buildings are empty. It also really undercuts that last big moment with Superman and Zod.

The romance between Superman and Lois was poorly developed in my opinion. It really didn't feel like they had enough interaction for much to develop.

There are some plot problems and Zod's actions are questionable.

Some of the editing was problematic too. The change between certain scenes are pretty jarring.

Edited by Giantevilhead

Oh, Michael Shannon is Zod? He can be a mixed bag actor wise. Good in some roles, not so good in others. I'm not really picturing him as Zod....didn't realize they were going to deal with Zod in this one right off the bat.

And nobody beats Terance Stamp....nobody.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Amy Adams is great too but they made Lois too reckless, put her in situations that didn't make much sense,"

Lois is always reckless. I just like the fact they didn't make this Lois an 'ice princess' in this one.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Amy Adams is awesome, that's all I have to say. my second favorite red head in Hollywood after Jessica Chastain (say what you will about Zero Dark Thirty, but she was brilliant in it)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.