Wondrous Items in Project Eternity

Cookie tin (of decay)

Anything stored inside ages drastically, as if weeks have passed in minutes. Metal rusts, bread get mould, meat gets maggots, paper fades.

Great for making forgeries look old, or disposing of evidence and letting it decay naturally until it's unrecognisable.

Not so great for storing items.

Has no effect on magical items.

Child's delight:

A rare drug, completely removes anxiety and understanding of social norms.

Hilarity ensues.

Retriever spider:

Metallic automaton will find nearest item and pick it up, then return to its owner. Does not trigger pressure traps.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Eemse's identifying kit

The solitary bountyhunter Eemse carried these tools with her to ensure that her targets were indeed who they appeared to be.

Looks like a metal orb, when used on an unconscious target, it has an 80% chance of correctly identifying the target. (100% if the user is a cipher)

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

• 1 month later...

I'm against hate mail. I far prefer scale mail.

Hate mail

+3 chainmail. cannot be removed except by curse removal spells/items.

removes diplomatic conversation responses.

For every three souls killed in anger provides a temporary +1 to defence (armour bonus)

For every ten souls killed in a single combat confers three seconds on invulnerability.

• Like 2

---

They could possibly implement cursed items by linking them directly to your soul; once you've acquired a cursed item then any soul-powers you have take a level penalty as long as you are not wielding/carrying (as appropriate) the object. The curse gradually takes effect as it seeps into your soul, so it is not immediately obvious that there is a curse.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I like this topic, I've always enjoyed coming up with items (and modding them in after one playthrough where possible). So, let's see...

Mask of the Eighth Circle. Prevents Ciphers from reading your mind (dialog). +2 Intelligence. Increased chance to resist mind control spells like Dominate, Charm, and Confusion.

Stone Shield of Aigon +3. Medium Bonus to AC. Makes you immune to Paralysis and Turn to Stone effects. Requires high strength.

Staff of the Restless Seas +4. High attack roll bonus. Cast Depths Below once per day (summons the drowned dead). Cast Summon Water Elemental (Large) once per day. Waterbreathing (don't need to drink potions of Waterbreathing).

The Old Man's Drinker +2. Assassin's dagger, which steals life force from your target proportional to the damage done, healing you. Can be used against party members. Ineffective against undead and creatures without blood. 5% chance to summon a Shade, which may turn against you if your health gets too low.

The Red Ring. Cursed, can't be removed. Bonus to Strength, Health, and Intimidation. 30% chance to succumb to bloodlust when in combat or provoked in dialog, ending the conversation in violence. If under bloodlust while in combat and the enemy surrenders, you slay them.

Edited by Archmage Silver
  • Like 3

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Cont'd.

Heart of Stone +3. Full plate armor. Cursed, can't be removed. Medium bonus to AC. Immunity to Charm. -2 Charisma. You are compelled to ask for a reward upon completion of a quest or task, even when it's going to ruin someone's life or force them to sell their children to slavery. (Technically this would mean hiding certain dialog options when the armor is worn by the protagonist.)

Hammer of the Legion. Artifact-quality warhammer with a quest. High attack roll bonus. High bonus to Strength, Health, and Stamina. Cast Mass Haste once per day. Cast Mass Charm once per day. Your AC increases when party members are near you. You gain a bonus to your attack rolls when surrounded by at least 3 enemies.

Ring of Roses +4. High bonus to Dodge/Reflex saves. Medium bonus to pickpocketing, lockpicking, disarming traps, and stealth.

Ja'qon Delri. A repeating crossbow named after its creator. High attack roll bonus. Very high attack speed bonus compared to a regular crossbow. Uses more bolts per combat round.

The Master's Grimoire. Medium AC bonus. Bonus to casting speed. Cast Thunderbolt once per day. Cast Circle of Entropy once per day. Cast Missile Volley once per day.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Limber monkey amulet

This amulet looks like a fairly plain woodcarving of a climbing monkey on a string.

While worn the amulet generates stamina over time, confers immunity to slow effects, and grants the ability to climb and scale certain obstacles.

removing the amulet drains all stamina and gives a permanent reduction to speed. It cannot be worn by the same person again.(possibly the universe would explode)

---

Naissurian Roulette Device

This unwholesome gadget resembles a bulky metal crown with a set of six lever arms that are set to penetrate the skull with wickedly curved probes. On the top is a large screw implement that is used to retract and **** the lever arms. In the center of the forehead is a ruby button. When the button is depressed into it's nacelle, one of the arms, chosen at random, seems to shimmer and glow before releasing and penetrating the skull with a burst of energy. Five of the arms bestow a blessing upon the wearer. The sixth arm, chosen at random when the screw is wound up, utterly drains the soul from the body of the wearer. The gadget uses the resulting energy flow from the drained soul to power itself up for the next game... :o

• Like 2

When the monkey cult of the distant jungles of Shee found themselves owned by the dragoling trading empire for being on their colonial lands, they unwillingly made their way to Dyrwood.

This is where they escaped captivity and built their jungle shrine by one of the old greenhouses of the horticulturists.

While devoid of monkeys, the cult holds on to the lessons of the jungle, the lessons learned

Dark Monkey token.

Equipped in a hand slot, not a weapon.

While touched, the token envelops any player standing in the daylight in shadows, decreasing the line of sight of enemies.

Cold sweat appears if held longer than ten minutes.

---

Amulet of Bladeworks

This magical amulet holds within a wast power. It can only be used once par day, and on a night with the moon out and shining.

Once activated, the user and everyone in the area is transported for 2 minutes into a pocket plane - an endless plane with infinite blades.

The blades are under user control and fall upon his enemes from the sky like a deadly rain.

The Density of the rain depends on the users strength, and up to lvl*10 blades can attack each enemy at once. Their attacks are unprecise and are made at half the attack skill. The raining weapons themselves vary in strength and range from well-crafted but mundane, to powerfull magical ones.

Zampakuyahara

A fine, but seemingly mundane blade. Once per day, the wielder can utter a single command "Scatter", and the blade disintagrated into thousands of tiny blade fragmets that swirl around like a tornado. They can form a defensive barrier around the user, or race towards the target to deliver thousand tiny cuts.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

On the top is a large screw implement that is used to retract and **** the lever arms.

Ah, well it looks like a certain intransitive verb was censored there because of its resemblance to a domesticated male poultry animal.  :wacko:  Basically I was trying to say the lever was positioned for firing like the hammer of a gun.

Funny I've seen much worse posted around here without being censored... shrug.

Edited by rjshae

Did I mention that I shamlesly stole my ideas from anime:

inspiration comes from the strangest of places ;)

---

Did I mention that I shamlesly stole my ideas from anime:

Well, there's no shame in that, now is there? :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 1 month later...

The legendary item thread has me inspired.

Steel of the Stealer

A.K.A the Stealer, the **** of Steel, the Taker, the One-Night Lover.

This high quality cold-forged dagger has a polished tiger eye handle, carrying it is a dubious and often brief honour.

The Stealer is well known, both mocked and desired by experienced thieves and dreamers, this blade is begging to be stolen.

The Origins of the Steel of the Stealer aren't certain, but it is assumed it used to belong to a master cat burglar, who upon her death infused her favourite blade with her soul.

* The blade wants to be stolen. *

But the blade also only wants to be stolen by the most skilled of thieves.

Previous owners have done many things to hide its identity; Wrap the handle in linen, the cloth would tear off in a careless and public moment.

Hide the blade in a bag, it would cut a whole in the bag large enough to be seen. Brag about any heist it was involved in, it will rear its face.

You simply cannot hide that you possess this blade, at least you cannot hide it from other thieves.

Anyone in possession of the blade is not likely to keep it, however, most thieves upon acquisition of the blade have gone on to do impressive deeds with it. Tales of the blade are filled with treasure rooms, deep vaults, and lucky escapes. Most thieves upon losing the blade lose the fortune they've gained with it, but go on to keep doing impressive deeds, and having owned it is considered both a badge of honour and a plus on your resume as rogue.

Nobody knows the touch of the Stealer for long, but whom she touches can expect upheaval.

It is generally considered bad form to go after the blade after you've lost it. Nobody has succeeded in taking it twice so far, even though some have tried. Nor is it respected if you acquire it without subterfuge and personal skill.

A leader of a group of thugs found his throat slit by the very blade his goons had taken for him, the blade itself was gone.

Stealer appreciates skill, if her owner does not attempt to use a difficult pickpocket or mechanics skill check for more than three days in a row, she gets stolen. If the owner of stealer fails two pickpocket or mechanics skill checks in a row, she gets stolen.

If the owner unequips Stealer and then attempts a pickpocket or mechanics skill check, she gets stolen.

Acquiring Stealer will involve finding out who has her (easy)

Planning to steal it in remarkable fashion. (from the person as they are using it, from a vault where it is protected at night, during a public display without the theft getting noticed, etc) (very hard)

Getting away without anyone the wiser. (very hard)

Stealer is a powerful wondrous item and gives

+3 damage

+15 mechanics

+15 pickpocket

+10 lore

+5 reputation (thieves) +2 reputation (thieves, upon losing the blade)

invisibility +5 seconds (rogue only)

+15% gold found

-30% wealth (upon losing the blade)

1 extra use of the rogue escape ability per combat (rogue only)

Stealer is jealous and will only provide these bonuses if equipped as main hand weapon. Otherwise it's just a +3 dagger.

If stolen, the player is likely to see Stealer reappear in someone else's possession eventually, and reappear again in yet someone else's possession. She is ever changing hands.

---