Exalted 3e

Is anyone else exited for this?

The developers have been very active on the official forum and clear about their goals for the next edition. Not only is are the combat mechanics being overhauled but they're creating systems for bureaucracy and social engineering if that's something you're interested in. They're reworking the power curve so it's not Solaroids >>> Everyone Else, and Lunars will have a greater presence in the setting.

The Kickstarter is set to start this month. I'm going to donate enough to get a deluxe edition of the core book.

I shall keep this thread updated as they release artwork and more information.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It'll be interesting to see. Exalted was a lot of good ideas, with a lot of crappy mechanics.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 11 months later...

The project is running long.

I expect to not get the core book until summer at this rate.

image-265952-full.jpg

Charms from the core...

Subtle Speech Method
Cost: 3m; Mins: Linguistics 3, Essence 1; Type: Simple
Keywords: Mute
Duration: One idea conveyed
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Solar speaks in a roundabout fashion, stressing particular words, inflections and allusions to convey ideas and concepts that may have nothing to do with what she is saying. Only the intended recipients can understand the true meaning of the Solar’s words; everyone else just hears what the Solar says on the surface. Thus an Exalt using this Charm could appear to discuss the weather while laying out the details of an assassination plot. This Charm does not confer the ability to communicate across language barriers.

Legendary Captain’s Signature
Cost: 3m; Mins: Sail 5, Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Pilot
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Immortal Mariner’s Advantage

The Exalt fashions her skill into a perfect Essence-fueled maneuver. The Solar’s naval skill is such that she can overcome a ship’s design flaws. Even a trash barge moves like a sleek pirate cutter in her capable hands. This Charm supplements a naval maneuver, doubling the ship’s maneuverability rating and increasing its speed by one. If the ship’s rating is zero or less, its rating increases to one.

Life of the Aurochs
Cost: —; Mins: Survival 5, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Stackable
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Bestial Traits Technique

The Solar taps a wellspring of Essence to increase her familiar’s vitality and stature. Each purchase of this Charm increases a familiar’s health levels, adding one -1 health level and two -2 health levels to its health track. In addition, each repurchase increases her familiar’s size by 10%, to be manifested normally or only during Saga Beast Virtue and Deadly Predator Method. The Solar may enhance a single familiar with this Charm (Essence) times.

Arete-Driven Marathon Stride

Cost: —; Mins: Athletics 5, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Winning Stride Discipline

The Solar trains her body to feel the Essence of those she would outrun, matching their strength with her stride. When she falls behind in a test of speed, every 10 her fastest opponent rolls also counts as a single success to the Solar’s own roll. This Charm also functions in rushes, to aid in countering the target’s attempts to avoid the Solar.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

My only exposure to Exalted was SomethingAwful's "WTF D&D" commentary ... Is it as "rapey" as those guys made it out to be? 

It's an RPG. It's gonna be as rapey as your DM wants it to be. Nobody forces you to pick up the powers in question.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New Charm update!

While my favorite is Subject-Hailing Ideology, Clever Bandit's Rook offers a lot of potential for wackiness.

Guard: "Do these jewels belong to you?"
Night Caste: "Yes."
Guard: "You were bringing them out of that house."
Night Caste: "It's my house."
Guard: "Then why were you going out through the window?"
Night Caste: "The front door is stuck."

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

• 4 weeks later...

Keep the news coming, baby.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.