SW: The Old Republic Part 5

Still haven't gone back yet, but was just looking at the feature comparison chart again. I know that as a non-subscriber I'll lose one of my crew skills, but I also see I can buy that slot back. But do I get that third skill reset back to zero in the transition or can it be retained if I buy the upgrade (though likely I won't)?

I also see the additional crew skill slot is in the "preferred access bundle" they're selling, but I have a strong suspicion that it's for one character only, anyone able to confirm?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yup, unless you unlearn it, it's restored at it's original level, with schematics if applyable. Got artifice 400 during my 1-month sub, lost it afterwards, unlocked with GTN purchase, and it was still the way I left it.

And... I have no idea about the bundle, sorry :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah, the bundle thing was more of a side-query since I was assuming I might be able to keep a crew skill I'd otherwise completely lose with it. But if I technically keep it anyway then it's something I won't worry about at all.

Googling for the information has been surprisingly tricky, yielded one lone result that mentions in a roundabout way that it's single character only, but in the context of a rant about the cartel coin system. Assuming it's accurate for now.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I pre-purchased the expansion in January because I was playing regularly, but I haven't even bothered to log in to check it out yet, and probably won't any time soon.

Ditto, haven't played much whole year, but hoping very much to get back in next week...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The expansion is pretty sweet, and Makeb is the best planet they've made. Especially the planetary story is much more engaging, though I suppose that's because it doesn't compete with a class story for attention.

I also liked how they made the imperial and republic stories not be mutually exclusive. This always bugged me in the original quest line.

I tried Terra and even though it's a very pretty game, it's not exactly my cup of tea. So I'm going to give this one a try finally. Probably going to take a week to download everything, though.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Still playing it on and off. Still having fun. One of my characters ('Gorth' the Bounty Hunter) eventually made his way to Nar Shaddaa. Looks a bit more colourful than the refugee section in Kotor2 :p

Getting to some of the holocrons that require a lot of pixel perfect timing and accuracy is an exercise in frustration (of the completely un-redeeming kind)... *stares accusingly at Coruscant*. Movement controls just aren't that good that it's fun.

Starting companions are a mixed bag. The consular droid companion is only a pale shadow of T3 personality wise, whereas keeping torturing and electrocuting Vette (Sith Warrior companion) actually made me cringe, just for the dark side points. Ended up with negative points on the 'affection' scale =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd like to add that while Imperial Agent has the best story, it's not necessarilly the most Star Wars-y story. It's definitely a story taking place in the SW universe, but the feel of it is a bit different.

if you want the classic Star Wars epicness, you might want to consider Jedi Knight, it's the most epic.

If you're sticking with Imperial Agent, you'll get to choose between Operative or Sniper at level 10. Operative is either stealth healer or stealth melee dps (a lot of people get confused with the operative dps, since it has attacks that are ranged, but the core of it's abilities are all melee based).

The sniper is a pure ranged dps class.

• Like 1

I finally bit the bullet and tried the "group" thing. If nothing else, just to get rid of it in my quest log (I know, I can abandon quests, but that sorts of cheating). The groupfinder and queue thing *is* sort of handy for players for me who prefer solo playing, but still want to see what the other stuff is about. The Hutball game ended 2-2 and I dished out more deaths than suffered ;)

Edit: Tried one of the flashpoints too. Lots of killing stuff and boss fights. I think that's mostly an acquired taste (not really my thing, but interesting to try at least once)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Esseles (republic) and Black Talon (imperial) are probably the flashpoints that are more story-centric, dialogue, and have potential choices that change how they play out.

The majority of the rest are pretty much the same regardless of whether you're playing Imp or Rep - Except the story specific Revan related paired flashpoints that crop up around level 33-36.

Although I will say it is surprisingly satisfying to finally be able to shoot Grand Moff Kilran in the face.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Esseles (republic) and Black Talon (imperial) are probably the flashpoints that are more story-centric, dialogue, and have potential choices that change how they play out.

The majority of the rest are pretty much the same regardless of whether you're playing Imp or Rep - Except the story specific Revan related paired flashpoints that crop up around level 33-36.

Although I will say it is surprisingly satisfying to finally be able to shoot Grand Moff Kilran in the face.

I find it sufficiently lame we don't get to do the same to any of the Republic bigshots (that I noticed), I smell a bias, raaage! :(

I don't normally care about "Achievements", but I noticed the Legacy thing keeps track of all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately the "tracker" window seems completely stuff :lol:

Tacking achievement:

0, 0, 1 - Wonkability

Etc (not made up it really write stuff that looks like developer comments).

I've also got achievements that have 70 out 80 completed, yet each individual component is 100% solved. That's going to be a bit hard getting the remaining 10 points ;)

I don't normally care about "Achievements", but I noticed the Legacy thing keeps track of all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately the "tracker" window seems completely stuff :lol:

Tacking achievement:

0, 0, 1 - Wonkability

Etc (not made up it really write stuff that looks like developer comments).

I've also got achievements that have 70 out 80 completed, yet each individual component is 100% solved. That's going to be a bit hard getting the remaining 10 points ;)

There are things that were removed after beta and never added back in but afaik still count as "requirements" to completion of certain things.

There are things that were removed after beta and never added back in but afaik still count as "requirements" to completion of certain things.

Ah, that could explain some of the "(Old)" achievements, especially in space missions. Hopefully they get it cleaned up some day, even if just removing them from the lists.

Counting my posts on this page, I sort of realise I'm a latecomer to this game. It sort of is addictive. 'Gorth' is now a level 27 bounty hunter. I've botched my alignment choices I think, so crossing fingers and hoping I'm not missing out on something outrageous by being neutral (slight net plus of 350 light side points). I blame Mako for being a bad influence. Losing a bit of my apprehensions regarding the team work thing and used the group finder every now and then for some of my "secondary" characters (if it turned out to be a disaster, they were disposable alts at the time). Turned out surprisingly well with fun groups of guys. Even joined two guilds (one light and one dark side). One of the benefits of multiple character disorders :)