RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

LadyCrimson

''A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever''-Shigeru Miyamoto

Wink

"Sales projections from marking research has shown that the product placement for certain demographics during the Q4 time period increase sales by atleast 14%" - Some guy in a big conglomerate.

I'm bought back to Brutal Legend, although it's arguable to some people whether it was a good game or not.

The head of the focus group department for the external business development would like to send his gratification for your participation in purchasing their goods and services.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Now that's some great news for all steampunk fans, Edge of Twilight which was really really promising and astonishingly looking title, that got canceled few years back, got revived. The game gonna be finally finished and most likely be out this year, hoooray! On top of that there is another steampunk ttle in preparations, Ravensdale is the name.

It's bitter to know Edge won't be released for PC, as not even MK 9 was, oh well, thanks goodness for YT.

old trailer for eye-candy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SateAymKo

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

And now for something incredibly stupid.

The World of Thief

While complete darkness was a big factor in the earlier Thief
games, it made it difficult for players to see what was going on.
Eidos-Montreal found a key ingredient to help maintain the feel of darkness
while adding visibility. "Fog helps us to light the whole game," Cantin says.
"If you have a dark scene in a back alley, you just put fog in it and then you
see the silhouette. You're never in the pitch dark. The fog is there for the
mood but also for helping the player to see."

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thief: The Fog Project. They just don't want any existing fans to buy this at all do they?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Thief: The Fog Project. They just don't want any existing fans to buy this at all do they?

No, no they really, really don't want that.

Then again, it seems no reboot wants their old fans along for the ride. Wich makes sense, since it's a reboot.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The World of Thief

I don't see the problem. Dark tends to be, you know, dark. Stuff really is hard to see.

• Like 2

The World of Thief

I don't see the problem. Dark tends to be, you know, dark. Stuff really is hard to see.

:grin:

I fail to see how anyone can argue with your logic

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The World of Thief

:grin:

I fail to see how anyone can argue with your logic

:p

Really, I don't mind the darkness in the Thief games at all, but just seeing my surroundings was hard enough sometimes.

Really, I don't mind the darkness in the Thief games at all, but just seeing my surroundings was hard enough sometimes.

Yeah, wich is 'kind' of good if you want to hide. Ever tried hiding in fog? Does'nt work too well. And if you actually 'can' hide in the fog, you're not going to see anything either.

Then again, you're not playing much of a thief any more.

Edited by Azdeus

They're not replacing the dark of night with fog, they're adding fog so the screen isn't pitch black. Horrible. Truly a sin against thiefkind.

Also, you know how Garrett hid in the shadows? Keeper magic. Not by squatting in a very dark corner.

• Like 1

They're not replacing the dark of night with fog, they're adding fog so the screen isn't pitch black. Horrible. Truly a sin against thiefkind.

Also, you know how Garrett hid in the shadows? Keeper magic. Not by squatting in a very dark corner.

Did you look at the same pictures as me? Because it sure does'nt seem like it.

Having it damn near pitch darkness made it more believable, and it also made it a trade-off to douse the torches that were around.

My

favourite thing in those stealth games was always hiding between two

light sources because it happened to be pitch dark between them, and no

one ever seeing you hahaha.

Heh, it's clearly superior to be hiding in that wisp of mist in the slightly shaded part of the room.

Edited by Azdeus

The World of Thief

Wouldn't worry about it.

Today CEO of Square-Enix had to fall on his sword due to performance of recent reboots.

I doubt Thief 4 will see release unless it goes full Ninja Gaiden.

Nintendo taunts us in NA and Europe by offering Mother 2 (Earthbound) for 30 Yen ($0.32)

We respond on the Japanese MiiVerse boards.

My favorite response: Nintendo: Do you hate money and America?

EDIT: A used copy of Earthbound typically goes for about the price of the 8GB WiiU

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

, you're not playing much of a thief any more.

Good point so therefore it shouldn't make much of a difference?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Perhaps it takes place in England?

Or maybe not.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Wouldn't worry about it.

Today CEO of Square-Enix had to fall on his sword due to performance of recent reboots.

I doubt Thief 4 will see release unless it goes full Ninja Gaiden.

Haha! Thanks, I needed that laugh :)

Heh, it's clearly superior to be hiding in that wisp of mist in the slightly shaded part of the room.

My comment had literally nothing to do with the fog in the new game.  Just how older games didn't recognize silhouettes that would have been present.

My favourite thing in those stealth games was always hiding between two light sources because it happened to be pitch dark between them, and no one ever seeing you hahaha.

Splinter Cell was pretty funny for that. Convenient pitch black areas in highly guarded areas.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My comment had literally nothing to do with the fog in the new game.  Just how older games didn't recognize silhouettes that would have been present.

Yeah, I know, I just doubt it's going to be anything different in the new game.

My favourite thing in those stealth games was always hiding between two light sources because it happened to be pitch dark between them, and no one ever seeing you hahaha.

Splinter Cell was pretty funny for that. Convenient pitch black areas in highly guarded areas.

Yeah it was a bit more jarring in those ones haha.

Still enjoyed the franchise though (especially the first three games)

i think its a trend for japanese companies in the past few years to over estimate sales on games.  they need to lower expectations and budget accordingly.  square needs to make more final fantasy games that attempt to emulate 6-9 instead of pushing for absurdly expensive graphics and full voice acting

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.