RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

LadyCrimson

that old arcade game is soooooo awesome

i used to spend all my money on that game at my local arcade

that old arcade game is soooooo awesome

i used to spend all my money on that game at my local arcade

Yeah, that machine (Dungeons & Dragons) ate a whole bunch of my quarters too, that and X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

You guys are lucky that your lived in a country that had arcade games like that, due to sanctions certain things were restricted living in South Africa....poor me :shrugz:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"No big deal, because if you're a gamer and don't have a stable constant connection then you're doing something wrong."

No. Sometimes internet connection is not up to the user. Sometimes it depends solely on the prod\ivde and sometimes the user doesn't have lots of choices.

'Always on' thing is dumb for this reason.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Cutscene: The Video Game - Quick Time Edition

Pre-Order and receive the exclusive Auto QTE DLC free with purchase.  The Auto QTE DLC features our revolutionary new Auto-Play Technology™.  Tired of sore fingers from pressing buttons?  Let Auto-Play do the work for you!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Either way will be a nice youtube watch when it comes out.

Agreed.  I guess I shouldn't bag on it until it actually comes out, but this looks like one of those games that's more enjoyable to watch someone else play than actually play yourself, like Alan Wake.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

When did the gameplay in that video start, again ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nothing has made me more happy lately then reading that there is going to be new Gorky and Carmageddon games. :aiee:

• Like 1

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Nothing has made me more happy lately then reading that there is going to be new Gorky and Carmageddon games. :aiee:

I'm not particularly a fan of Carmageddon (not a hater either), but I love me some Gorky 17 (Odium).

:yes: 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

heavy rain wasn't really a "game", it was interactive fiction, this looks the same

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain are games with some design goals that I actually really would like to see more of in games generally speaking. The problem with Cage's games is that they're just extremely stupid, and sometimes extremely creepy. And what's even worse, very pretentious, which makes them fail even harder.

Just thinking about some of the stuff in Heavy Rain is enough to get me riled up. I don't usually care too much about games anymore (I've learned where to look and not to look for my personal interests) but David Cage gets under my skin, badly.

And as impressive as some of the graphics in that video are, those people in it... still goddamn creepy.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

i liked heavy rain, it was thrilling.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Interactive fiction are terrible movies and terrible games, there's literally no point to them, they never give the choice and consequence they promise which would be their only point. It doesn't help that in terms of writing David Cage is absolutely terrible. Did anyone play Indigo Prophecy? There's so much bad dialogue in that, cliché characters, moronic plot.

I agree, both Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain were enormous failures as games. Due to the lack of meaningful choice it became a series of meaningless cutscenes interspaced with even more meaningless and menial gameplay. It demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge about what makes a movie good nor what makes a video game good and as such their bad combination doesn't work at any level. Worse, they're obsessed with this idea that realism is the only way to tell a story and David Cage is downright disrespectful to thousands of games which exhibit more emotion and depth with a hundred polygons than he will ever be able to with a billion.

Man, when Blizzard said they were going to announce something that wasn't a sequel, expansion or that Titan project, I somehow got the idea in my head that they were finally going to do something new or interesting. WarCraft TCG? Wasn't there one already?

Man, when Blizzard said they were going to announce something that wasn't a sequel, expansion or that Titan project, I somehow got the idea in my head that they were finally going to do something new or interesting. WarCraft TCG? Wasn't there one already?

I keep hoping they do a single player Warcraft RPG.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not like he can do anything about it.

Get a lifeboat and get out of a sinking ship?

OTOH a gig is a gig.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

RE: BioWare being intimidated.

That article is old and manufactured.  Many people at BioWare are fans of The Witcher.  We're indifferent towards when The Witcher 3 releases.  I will straight up deny the allegation, for what it's worth.

Maybe in some part of EA that isn't BioWare there were people panicking, but most of the reaction to the announcement was "OOOO!"

Edited by alanschu

I keep hoping they do a single player Warcraft RPG.

They should totally bring back that cancelled graphic adventure. The genre is back!

Other random thoughts on recent posts (since there are so many of them):

- Reaction to Heavy Rain is fairly negative sure, but the Walking Dead garnered a fair bit more positivity, so I'm not giving up on that style of gameplay yet. Haven't played either of them though as neither appeals thematically to me.

- I did watch someone else play Alan Wake. It was horrible, hours and hours of watching a generic guy gun down hordes of indistinguishable mooks in what appeared to be the same dark forest. If actually playing the game is worse than that, then may the darkness have mercy on our souls.

- I've played DuckTales and don't recall anything so memorable about it that it should be the one that gets a remake, weird. Chronicles of Mystara on the other hand, is just about the only D&D game I can convince anyone to play multiplayer with me. Also bonus points for being a 2E game I can play without getting a migrane from staring at XP charts for an hour.

- Whatever mix of reactions EA/Bioware may or may not have with regards to CDPR, I would hope that ignoring them isn't one: benign cribbing from each other is how the collective developers will move forward.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

heavy rain was awesome

alan wake was terrible

they are also completely different genres from eachother

Random "news website" spouts random crap about Bioware, meh. I doubt DA3 schedule will be effected by TW3 in any way.

I'll take a gander at DA3 info when there is any. I have no expectations since they don't make anything I like anymore, but who knows? Things can always change.

• Like 1

http://thenexusnews.com/the-witcher-3-announcement-intimidates-ea-bioware-and-dragon-age-iii/853568/

Alanchu, I know you're not going to confirm or deny this, but for the sake of your company and your reputation, a rushed game is not going to end well for you guys. 

It's sounds weird when you humanize a large company.

One is being released in mid year and another at the end of the year, so I don't get the article.  It would be an issue if they had the same release month or day, I suppose, but I believe the audience is big enough to support both.