League of Legends Challenge

Osvir

A friendly match, Community vs Developers.

I challenged Adam jokingly on Twitter and he said "Sure. I'd be down". 

So who's interested?

The current [Team 1] in D&D terms:

• Ranger: .Leif.
  • Priest: Osvir
  • Wizard: -Open Slot- (Can also be Cipher, Ninja)
  • Fighter: -Open Slot- (Can also be Paladin, Barbarian)
  • Rogue: -Open Slot- (Can also be Fighter, Assassin, Cipher)

In League of Legends terms:

• ADC: .Leif.
  • Support: Osvir
  • Mid Lane, AP: -Open Slot-
  • Top Lane, Tank: -Open Slot-
  • Jungle: -Open Slot-

I live in CET (Central European Time), that is 9 hours ahead of California and 6 hours ahead of New York. GMT+1.

Here you can search for your city.

Which days works best for you?
- Weekdays
- Weekends

Weekends would work best for me. Saturday.

I'll use Indira's method #IdeasNotForgotten.

• Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday: |
  • Sunday:

As I won't be able to edit this post, I will simply copy+paste the list of participants and positions and update the thread rather than update this post.

Looking forward to play with you :)

I realized we have a small logistical problem. Namely Team Obsidian is likely on the NA servers and we're on the EU. Ping problems + if we register there (no, I won't transfer :p) we'll have level 1 characters and only the free roster and vice versa.

@Oner: That is true. As for the ping, "Meh", sure  it can be a little bit frustrating but in my opinion it isn't too bad. I've got some 40-50 ping on EUW so I suspect I'd have some 200-250 perhaps on NA (at worst).

Team 1:
1. Osvir
2. .Leif.
3. Oner
4. melkathi (maybe?)
5. -Open Slot-

@melkathi: What about just get a 5 man team and just go with whatever? I can play another position, Support is my best position but it's all in good fun :)

• Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday: ||
  • Sunday: 

GMT-8: |||||

GMT+1: ||

Hey I'll try and make a couple of games. Will be out of town half of next week, but other than that.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to LoL, but my fairly good characters are Soraka, Morgana, Cassiopeia and Annie... in that order I guess :)

I am CET+1. So nearly same timezone as you two CETs.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Wait wait wait, are you +1 hour ahead CET (GMT+2) or GMT+1?

Anyways,

My Ping:

EUW: 40-50
NA: 200

It is manageable and it works fine for its intended purpose (Having fun).

My account name might be good to give as well:
Osvir = MrWelcot

And .Leif.
.Leif. = Leif

EDIT: We'll play a game or 2 together as well just to get some strategy going.

EDITEDIT: It'd be fair to say that Obsidian "should" make new accounts as well (So that they are on Level 1-5 or whatnot). Do they want to give out/reveal their level 30 accounts? Meh, that's up to them :)

Edited by Osvir

GMT+2 ;)

Melkathi = Melkathi

very original I know :)

I'll have to transfer to wahetever server we end up playing I guess. Or do we make new accounts?

Edit: also, do we use any voice chat thingiemagickgadget?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sorry, I have been pre-occupied with stuff (

being one of them) starting to become part of some bigger things with it.

GMT+2 ;)

Melkathi = Melkathi

very original I know :)

I'll have to transfer to wahetever server we end up playing I guess. Or do we make new accounts?

Edit: also, do we use any voice chat thingiemagickgadget?

Cool. For the voice thing, not necessarily, I mean it does help but I am bad with it. I am better in silence, when I can focus on the game. I've got attention on everyone's health, all map, all game (when I'm warmed up), who to shield, how to bait, dodge, push, interrupt etc. etc. Voice does add a distraction for me but I need to practice it.

I don't mind it so I say "Sure, let's do teamchat thing", if you feel comfortable with it.

We could do a 3v3, seeing as we are only 4 interested thus far. I'm thinking about streaming as well on my channel, granted everyone is okay with it and feel comfortable about that.

Good night :)

im in nz and play on the us server

usually around 160-200 ping but then i can't be bothered with ranked games so it doesn't really matter

i usually support, top or jungle - BeardJesus if you need me

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

That makes us 5 :)

Team 1:

• 1. Osvir (MrWelcot)
  • 2. .Leif. (Leif)
  • 3. Oner (TheLazyOneNA)
  • 4. melkathi (melkathi)
  • 5. Shryke (BeardJesus)

Timezones (I don't know .Leif.'s)

• GMT-8: |||||
  • GMT+1: ||
  • GMT+2: |
  • GMT+13: |

To put it simply (just an example, subject to change), 1PM for Obsidian would be 10PM for GMT+1, 11AM for GMT+2, 10AM for GMT+13.

Military Clock (I think that's what my friends called it when I was in America):

• 13:00 GMT-8
  • 22:00 GMT+1
  • 23:00 GMT+2
  • 10:00 GMT+13

Best day:

• Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday: ||
  • Sunday:
Edited by Osvir

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

When you sign up you need to check the "Region" for "North America". It should say something like the below.

In my case:
"Region: Europe Nordic & East (change)"

Change should be a blue link, if you press that you get a list. Check North America and you're good to go. I couldn't find "melkathi" or "TheLazyOneNA" on the North American servers, which is why I'm bringing it up in case others are interested at a later time.

Then again, it just struck me that Obsidian could very well have good enough computers & internet connection to play on the Europe West servers in case that would be better for everyone (Ping-wise).

I could play, if I'm needed. However, I am a complete newblet, and, as such, don't even have the game downloaded, or any registration (much less skill), haha. Looks like you've got 5 for now. But, just let me know.

My time zone is CST (Central time: -6), for what it's worth, and Saturday or Sunday evenings are almost the only time I'm ever free (past about 7 pm, usually).

Maybe, if the Obsidian team is too good, you can put me on their team to handicap them. 8)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Lephys, you can take my spot and I can stream as an observer (as I said in another post: Granted that everyone feels comfortable about that)

Otherwise we do have two full 3v3 applicable teams.

So let's see.

Obsidian:
GMT-8 Obsidian (Unless someone lives elsewhere?)

Challengers:

GMT-6 |
GMT+1 ||
GMT+2 |
GMT+13 |

There's .Leif. as well but I don't know his timezone yet.

Edited by Osvir

I'll swap over to the NA server.

As I said in the PM, I'll be out of town from Friday morning until Monday noon (graduation for my Masters (yay)). So if you play this weekend, Lephys will have to fill in for me ;)

• Like 1

i work funny hours, so best time for me would be a weekend

if we're thinking this weekend then sunday is best for me

saturday is full of birthday festivities for the bajillion friends with birthdays this week

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

So Osvir can't find me on the NA server and I can't find neither him nor .Leif. I did find one Melkathi, but it seems this is a different one?

Not good. :/

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

When you sign up you need to check the "Region" for "North America". It should say something like the below.

In my case:

"Region: Europe Nordic & East (change)"

Change should be a blue link, if you press that you get a list. Check North America and you're good to go. I couldn't find "melkathi" or "TheLazyOneNA" on the North American servers, which is why I'm bringing it up in case others are interested at a later time.

This might be it. Also, .Leif. is simply "Leif" (without the dots).

Edited by Osvir