low-creativity results could've involved simply slapping horns on a

regular human, and giving them different colored eyes, or just putting

leafy clothes on them and calling it a day. Objectively, they seem to

have merged together a variety of nature themes into a figure that

clearly originated as a humanoid, but now is slightly non-humanoid, and

quite well at that.

I'm afraid I can't really be

more specific, because there isn't anything specific I dislike about

it, other than the wonky proportions/anatomy that I already mentioned.

It just felt pedestrian and unimaginative, especially compared to some

of the P:E concept art that's already out -- I really liked Orlock

Holmes and Sagani, to name two.

How would I have done it? Dunno, I

haven't really given it much thought. Maybe I'd either have gone for

way more over the top, or much subtler. Think Elric of Melniboné, or

Mazikeen from the Lucifer comics, or something like that.

But whatever it is, that ain't it.

The thing about computer gaming is that in many ways it's a very personal experience; we're never all going to like the same thing. That's clearly true in this case. Fortunately CRPGs usually allow a wide variety of choices to be made, so we can usually find a set of elements of the game that we enjoy the most.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

is anyone excited that they know what an estoc is, and that they have featured a highly specialized weapon this early in the development cycle as opposed to generic weapons?

i wonder if they know about the brawling side of the estoc?

Yes. And given that they featured the estoc, I'm willing to bet that they're well aware of it being a fine bludgeon, too. One beats the opponent about the head and then smashes the weapon or shield arm of the opponent to the side, thus exposing the light chain that covers the joints in the armor. Nice and pointy, the estoc is used to impale the opponent and the tip is ground around in their flesh for maximum tissue damage and bleeding which puts said opponent into shock. Fight over.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

is anyone excited that they know what an estoc is, and that they have featured a highly specialized weapon this early in the development cycle as opposed to generic weapons?

I'm 100% sure Sawyer knows.

• Like 1

I'm 100% sure Sawyer knows.

The market for estoc can be pretty volatile. Make sure you put some of your earnings in utilities. :-

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I absolutely love the concept art.... ahhhhh beautiful. :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

I'm afraid I can't really be more specific, because there isn't anything specific I dislike about it, other than the wonky proportions/anatomy that I already mentioned. It just felt pedestrian and unimaginative, especially compared to some of the P:E concept art that's already out -- I really liked Orlock Holmes and Sagani, to name two.

How would I have done it? Dunno, I haven't really given it much thought. Maybe I'd either have gone for way more over the top, or much subtler. Think Elric of Melniboné, or Mazikeen from the Lucifer comics, or something like that.

But whatever it is, that ain't it.

Fair enough. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Concept art is looking good.  I look forward to seeing where your art direction takes the world. 

What are you guys aiming for for art and places in your game.  Clothing that people where, the look of towns, forests, etc.

Cultures are being defined now.  This will be a guide for how we establish clothing, architecture, etc.

• Like 2

Please add some Moorish influences! Spain is more beautiful because of it!

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

The art for this game is absolutely stunning. I haven't seen its equal.

To be quite honest, the concept art for the godlike remind me a lot of the Planetouched for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Mask of the Betrayer). However, I actually think this is wonderful because those races are the intellectual property of someone else that you have to abide by (and I personally feel the owners don't put as much thought into it as they could) and those games didn't get a chance to explore the psychological or sociological impact of having "otherworldly" blood. 

It seems like you folks are going for sociological explorations for these various races. Their racial differences aren't just aesthetic, which is nice, and it seems like they don't either cooperate as "good races" (like humans, elves, dwarves, etc) or fight each other because some are "evil races" (orcs, goblins, etc). I am becoming very interested in the societies, cultures, beliefs, and customs of all of these people and I can't wait to learn more.

By the way, the 3D animation is absolutely brilliant and fascinating to learn more about. ^^

Edited by Faerunner
  • Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.