Interesting update. I always enjoy reading about the stuff that goes on in actual development of a game.

I did however not get very excited by the new art. Maybe it is because I liked the orlan one very much. I felt this one was a bit generic. (I hate the word generic!) Or maybe it is because it reminded me too much about the genasi in D&D. The painting isn't bad, and the actual race looks okay. I was just hoping for something totally crazy and unique for the God touched in the Eternity World. There could still be many different variations. Am I correct in assuming that this one is related to Earth? (I think the whole elemtnal thing is what I don't like and reminds me of the genasi.)

A deer of some sort would be my guess, that is what the ears and horns look like they're based on.

I like the idea of the earth godlikes appearance being based on a creature that's close to the element, not necessarily the element itself.

Although I now see that the arms in the picture are covered in a rocky or earth-like substance, which is a nice, subtle nod to the parent element.

The other designs, whilst nice, haven't captured my imagination like the earth godlike's animal-human hybrid aesthetic.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I have top say however, that I prefer how the first concept of the earth-godlike is inspired by animals of the earth compared to the other three who are directly inspired by the elements that are part of their heritage.

It would look incredibly unique if all of the elemental godlikes took this route.

Air godlikes would be inspired by birds, water godlikes by fish and fire ones by... er, salamanders?

They could still have whatever element it was that they are connected to as a part of their design in order to give them an "unearthly" feeling.

However, I'm not the designer and that idea may not fit in with what the godlike are in PE.

I liked the one hairset in NWN2 that had squid tentacles coming from the hair of the water-touched Genesai female and always used that when picking that type of character. 

Does kind of fall down with fire, unless they're going to be based on themophiles (which would look fairly creepy).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

oooh, that scripting language looks a lot like Python :bow:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Before reading any further I just need to leave a comment: Holy crap! :D Does this mean I get the chance to play a Dryad-like character? I hoped to meet one maybe like in Baldur's Gate (or Witcher) but playing one.... well I think I'll go with a godlike then.

And now I will read the update.

I want to be a siren)

@Few: Same here, so amazing. I really hope for a good amount of character creation options for these kind of characters.

(And also i hope for a better character creation than it is in Fallout: New Vegas which I started to play today. Never had so many problems creating a character that I like (only talking about character appearance, giving stats to the character was great). I think it was mainly because of the small window, in which you can see your character (during creation), is only about 1/12 of the screen, probably less. But... maybe that's just me. :) )

Edited by Kabraxis

Companion Cube of the Obsidian Order

Need a companion? Or a cube? Join the Order now!

I'm still likely to play an Aumaua for my first character because the Orc-o-philie in me compels me to play whatever is the closest race available to Orc, but I'm really tempted by the Godlike.  Damn you Obsidian Entertainment for making all these races look and sound so awesome!

/shakes fist at Obsidian

Shaking_Fist_emoticon.gif

:p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's settled godlike cipher first playthrough.

Indeed.....for me this will be more like EVERY playthrough rather than just the first. I'm so happy the Cypher class and Godlike race were added to the game.

Awesome art by the way though I'm not fond of the weapon.....I'm more into staffs although I wouldn't say no to staff-swords like the ones Dragon Age 2 had....more tactical gameplay and all(no button mashing) but I did like the concept of a wizard staff that cuts just fine when needed at close range.

1zq6793.jpg

I guess that I go against the grain here somewhat: coz I loved those elemental god like characters!  : :wub:

In 3rd ed D&D and in NWN2 MotB I got to play genasis a lot and I adore them, and then especially the air genasi, and now I more or less get to play one, hooray!  :grin:

And yes, playing a dryad sounds really appealing. After having met them in BG1 and NWN1 vanilla, we knowe get to try them ourselves, hehe.

Also: Wonder which races those three figures of various sizes with magi-stretch armour are supposed to represent? Dwarf? Orlan? Human?

Or Human? Dwarf? Aumaua?

And the ingenuity behind these 3d animations and armor-fit-all mechanics is astounding! Thanks for sharing!

Human Dwarf Aumaua.

• Like 1

I'm so non-techy these days. The term "rig" still brings to mind things like sailing boats....

...a nice and informative update, even if I'm one of those who doesn't entirely understand it all. But look at the pretty pictures! ;)

I like the armor shown in the concept art, too. Don't typically like the color green for anything but plants/nature, but for some reason, that works for me.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

While I don't mind so much the first picture of a godlike concept, I have to be honest and say that the other depictions I'm not very fond of at all. Same reason I don't like a lot of genasi illustrations in D&D. Too much exaggerated fire/water/earth/air features. It just doesn't fit as a player race when the features strike out blatantly like that. Really hope it will be toned down in the actual game.

Edited by deserk

I'm still likely to play an Aumaua for my first character because the Orc-o-philie in me compels me to play whatever is the closest race available to Orc, but I'm really tempted by the Godlike.  Damn you Obsidian Entertainment for making all these races look and sound so awesome!

/shakes fist at Obsidian

As an incorrigible and inveterate game re-starter, I can already see that I'm going to have a lot of trouble nailing down who I want to "be" for my first play through.  Meaning a lot of "Oh let me try THIS combination..." moments leading to beginning over to see how the new idea works every hour or so... :aiee:

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Will the horns and ears of the god-like be openly selectable ?  The particular god-like shown suggests some sort of bovine-like influence, more specifically a brahma bull judging by the horns and ears.  Her divine patron might be a bovine goddess similar to the Egyptian goddess Hathor.

Or will players select a deity during creation that determines the features or range of choices available for their god-like character?  I wouldn't expect horns or antlers for the god-like characters whose patron deity is a god of predators, for example.  They'd have a range of claws, talons, slit-pupiled eyes, tails, and/or prominent canine teeth to choose from--bestial features of predators, in other words.  Antlers or horns would be inappropriate for them.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

/shakes fist at Obsidian

You know you can have up to six party members, right?

Also: Wonder which races those three figures of various sizes with magi-stretch armour are supposed to represent? Dwarf? Orlan? Human?

Or Human? Dwarf? Aumaua?

Human Dwarf Aumaua.

Any sufficiently advanced civilization will develop stretchy pants...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Any sufficiently advanced civilization will develop stretchy pants...

And near limitless numbers of people who have no business wearing them. *shudders* :blink:
  • Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/