No new New Vegas thanks!

Halsy

Liked Fallout 3 myself. New Vegas seemed so bland and outdated, I didn't even pick it up. So yeah, I vote letting Bethesda continue the Fallout franchise and allow Obsidian to focus on Q&A, art design and good combat. Things their games seem to be lacking.

...and keep Fallout on the east coast please...no more deserts.

As a person who spent over 300 hours in Fallout 2, 25 hours in Fallout 3 and 228 hours (so far) in FNV, I say don't listen to these infidels.

And East coast is oh so boring. Now, Seattle, LA, San Francisco (with many references to F2) or even Utah/Colorado...!!! Texas and Chicago would please me too.

Whatever would Obsidian choose (or will choose or did choose) for a new Fallout setting, it would be no doubt addictive (for Fallout fans) again.

Edited by Aoyagi
  • Like 3

Liked Fallout 3 myself. New Vegas seemed so bland and outdated, I didn't even pick it up. So yeah, I vote letting Bethesda continue the Fallout franchise and allow Obsidian to focus on Q&A, art design and good combat. Things their games seem to be lacking.

...and keep Fallout on the east coast please...no more deserts.

how can you live with yourself? :blink:

• Like 8
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Omg someone has another taste in games than you!! QUICK, UP ON YOUR HIGH HORSES AND WRITE DEROGATORY POSTS ABOUT IT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Liked Fallout 3 myself.

[iNTELLIGENCE] You like Fallout 3.

No, I 'liked' because I'm done with it. Past tense, look it up. And let me know when Obsidian does art design or gameplay on par with anyone else. So far, I've yet to be impressed. Alpha Protocol looks like they hired a pre-schooler for character design, and New Vegas is ugly as hell. 

Edited by licketysplit

Liked Fallout 3 myself.

[iNTELLIGENCE] You like Fallout 3.

No, I 'liked' because I'm done with it. Past tense, look it up. And let me know when Obsidian does art design or gameplay on par with anyone else. So far, I've yet to be impressed. Alpha Protocol looks like they hired a pre-schooler for character design, and New Vegas is ugly as hell. 

Alpha Protocol's character design was spot on for the setting. http://alpha-protocol.deviantart.com/favourites/48427753 Hardly Pre-Schooler work there. Now if you want to poo poo Neverwinter Nights 2's character models, go right ahead, those were awful, but the design work they have done has never been bad. New Vegas wasn't any uglier than Fallout 3. The problems with New Vegas were almost entirely related to the garbage engine they used.

I say bring on NV2, but set it further north. Oregon, Washington, British Columbia.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I say bring on NV2, but set it further north. Oregon, Washington, British Columbia.

Not really New Vegas anymore, then. Obviously the title should be different if the setting isn't centered on/directly adjacent to the New Vegas area.

Well yeah, what I mean is I would like to see more Fallout games from Obsidian rather than Bethesda. I mean I liked FO3, but I thought NV was a lot better.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV were both good games, though I found NV to be a general improvement over 3 in many ways. The only thing that sucked is we didn't get any more games in the style of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. These are the games we got instead of the isometric style games, and that's never sit well with me. I don't think the newer Fallouts would have received half the hate they did if the isometric fans had been served as well.

Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV were both good games, though I found NV to be a general improvement over 3 in many ways. The only thing that sucked is we didn't get any more games in the style of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. These are the games we got instead of the isometric style games, and that's never sit well with me. I don't think the newer Fallouts would have received half the hate they did if the isometric fans had been served as well.

Fair enough. But even as an isometric fan, New Vegas WAS a good enough game. Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns. As someone who found all TES games crap(yes, even Morrowind) Fallout 3 was a disapointment. Whereas I found New Vegas gameplay bad, but the rest of the game was really good. If New Vegas was in the style of the first two fallouts would be easily on par with them. If Fallout 3 was isometric it would still be boring. 

But maybe my problem is with Bethseda. I never liked a single game that company made.

Edited by Malekith
  • Like 2

You like buying crap, then?

Who said i bought them?

What the friends are for if not for borrowing their games? :devil:

I only buy games that i know i will like, but i generally play a few hours in every RPG/Strategy with the hope i will find a hidden gem or a company i don't know about yet.

Edited by Malekith

In that RPS interview, didn't Feargus talk about setting the game in LA? Seriously doubt we'll see another game in the Mojave any time soon. New Vegas 2 = another Obsidian Fallout. 

Don't have much hope for Fallout 4. I expect it to be better than Skyrim, and probably an improvement on Fallout 3, but let's be honest: the writing will suck, the character progression will suck, the quest design will suck, the combat will suck, and the balance will most definitely suck. My only hope is that after F4, BethSoft will let Obsidian take another crack at it.

• Like 1

Fallout 3 was crap

Then New Vegas was worse, because I have no desire to explore the **** brown, empty desert with trade mark **** Obsidian gameplay. And Obsidian knows ****ty gameplay. I've tried Alpha Protocol...

Edited by Gorth
L:anguage

Fallout 3 was crap

Then New Vegas was worse, because I have no desire to explore the **** brown, empty desert with trade mark **** Obsidian gameplay. And Obsidian knows ****ty gameplay. I've tried Alpha Protocol...

Yes the gameplay was ****ty in both New Vegas  and Alpha Protocol... No dispute here. Obsidian can not into gameplay. The diffirence is that the rest of the game (writting, quest structure, story,etc.) are very good whereas Bethesda's games have equally ****y gameplay with terrible writting, crap quest design. Read the post above your's.In fact Bethesda's games are terrible except ONE thing. Excploration. If you can play their hiking simulators base solelly on the sense of excploration more power to you. But except that i can't see what else they do good. Fallout New Vegas would be equal  to the first two Fallouts if it was isometric and turn based. Fallout 3 would be terrible either way.

Edited by Malekith

Fallout 3 was crap

I'm surprised you've registered here then.What's your purpose here? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

• Like 1

I liked Fallout 3. It was a really good game. I'm not an Elder Scrolls fan. I've tried to be. I just can't get into them. But it just really seemed to work for me with the whole post-apocolyptic setting. The Pitt, and Point Lookout were my favorite parts of it. There was enough questing to keep me interested. Of course, Fallout is not TES. They hopefully won't go all willy-nilly and lazy with the lore their next go around. Poor Harold. F Mothership Zeta. Even with the gap I had between playing 1 & 2 back in the day to 3, those two things ticked me off the most the first time I played 3. Hopefully they learned a lot from New Vegas.

Except for the tunnelers. Hopefully they're not immune to e-coli, and they drink some tainted water underground and die there so noone sees or hears from them again. Superman never should have saved the mole people. Yeah, I said it.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

F3 and FNV have virtually identical gameplay. It's disingenious to like one and not like another on that front. Where they diverge is, primarily, the  quality of the writing, the setting choice, the design of environments.

• Like 2

F3 and FNV have virtually identical gameplay. It's disingenious to like one and not like another on that front. Where they diverge is, primarily, the  quality of the writing, the setting choice, the design of environments.

No, it wasn't. At least not the finetuning which did make quite a difference, especially in the gunplay outside of Vats. I'm not saying it was great though, but thats in how the system is build up.

If I'm *disingenious* for saying that, so be it.

Edited by C2B