Darth Sion Theory

So that would mean has was around at the time of KotOR?

Ballpark, those events happend 40 years before KOTOR1, as far as TheForce.net shows

approx 44 years before KotOR but i mean sion dosnt exactly look like a spring chicken

ooooo, interesting, the king guy didn't offically "die". It seems he was left for dead....

The old man lashed out at them with force lightning, but Ulic Qel-Droma slashed through the machinery that held Ommin upright, effectively killing him

Its all very interesting!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Major spoiler if it turns out to be true.

...Well kinda...

True, but im probably wrong, and this probably isnt true, but even if it is, LA insist on leaving us without info for so long we are bound to come to conclusions ourselves, whether they are wrong or right, it gives us something different to discuss. At least if LA gave us a steady stream of small titbits, it would keep us occupied for long enough not to make our own minds up ;)

Major spoiler if it turns out to be true.

...Well kinda...

True, but im probably wrong, and this probably isnt true, but even if it is, LA insist on leaving us without info for so long we are bound to come to conclusions ourselves, whether they are wrong or right, it gives us something different to discuss. At least if LA gave us a steady stream of small titbits, it would keep us occupied for long enough not to make our own minds up :rolleyes:

O come now, this isn't even convincing me!

Look, if someone saw that little blip of info and we were getting updates, it still would have been post.

I'm not sure how big of a spoiler this is, but I think someone would be hard pressed to say there isn't some kind of connection here.

O come now, this isn't even convincing me!

Look, if someone saw that little blip of info and we were getting updates, it still would have been post.

I'm not sure how big of a spoiler this is, but I think someone would be hard pressed to say there isn't some kind of connection here.

well assuming the king is sion, one wonders what part he will have to play in the Onderon section of the game

It doesn't necessarily signify intent. How long has it taken for someone to dig this guy up?

It could very well be a coincidence. I don't care how bloody 'strange' it is. He doesn't really have the same facial structure as the other guy, and freedon Nadd allegedly stole his soul?? Doesn't that kind of dehabilitate you?? I guess, possibly, he gives it back, but I had the impression you don't get your soul back when someone steals it.

To further support that this could be a coincidence, or a matter of inspiration, the description that his body was falling apart and given an exoskeleton was explained, quite explicitly by dark force use. Perhaps there's a force on Onderon that does this? That would certainly explain "coincidence" - or even if there was a chance of such extreme consequences with dark side Force use as a, say, one in one thousand possibility would explain this "coincidence". Obsidian could be expounding on this phenomenon, or going off on another track completely - like, say, maybe his body was falling apart because of leprosy or something (highly hypothetical).

In any case, I didn't want to play a Star Wars comic book - I wanted to play a Star Wars Obsidian game. I hope it is, at the worst, inspired by this guy of Onderon, a man who followed in the other man's footsteps or somesuch. I want this game to just tell it's own story, you know? Not someone elses, and I'm pretty sure that Obsidian has the same idea. Maybe not, though.

I completely agree; besides, 'knowing' only this bit about Sion doesn't reveal the slightest bit about the TSL story -so it is not a major spoiler. We already knew that he had a connection with Onderon, and possibly with the political strife there, because the latest Game Spot preview mentions the main character meeting Sion inside some underground realm on Onderon.

Now it *could* be a spoiler of some sort, *while playing the game*: Meaning that 'knowing' who he really is could rob away the surprise element in a certain encounter, or inside a dialogue -but that's not what bugs me.

What I find odd, is that while there have emerged, thanks to Sirius's discovery, an undeniable connection between this comics character and Sion, it still seems to me a far-fetched idea that there should be established *this* sort of a continuity between the comics and the games. Not that I know the comics, but because as I understand reading this forum, there exist different 'planes of continuity' as it were, in SW; and the merging of two such different platforms does appear quite unusual.

Perhaps with the Kotor series, SW games will become a properly integrated part of the EU, 'historically'; or, this is indeed a 'coincidence' ---but then, explaining away the similarities that way, what is being committed is the exact opposite of trying to establish a seamless continuity. Kotor, in all its originality, did pay a significant tribute to early comics characters.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

perfect setup for Darth Sion...Though it didnt say that he actually did die...The story assumed that he was dead....I am guessing that this happened a little bit before KOTOR 1...giving him time to perfect his skills in using the Darkside and no longer need the exoskeleton...it is very possible..And as we've seen in most who practice the ways of the Darkside will experience disfigurations in the features as time passes...But then again we all could be wrong...But if you ask me it kinda all makes sense

It doesn't necessarily signify intent.  How long has it taken for someone to dig this guy up? 

It could very well be a coincidence.  I don't care how bloody 'strange' it is.  He doesn't really have the same facial structure as the other guy, and freedon Nadd allegedly stole his soul??  Doesn't that kind of dehabilitate you??  I guess, possibly, he gives it back, but I had the impression you don't get your soul back when someone steals it.

To further support that this could be a coincidence, or a matter of inspiration, the description that his body was falling apart and given an exoskeleton was explained, quite explicitly by dark force use.  Perhaps there's a force on Onderon that does this?  That would certainly explain "coincidence" - or even if there was a chance of such extreme consequences with dark side Force use as a, say, one in one thousand possibility would explain this "coincidence".  Obsidian could be expounding on this phenomenon, or going  off on another track completely - like, say, maybe his body was falling apart because of leprosy or something (highly hypothetical). 

Everything you listed, while not suport the idea that that the king is sion, does support a connection between those two "individuals".

Also, I have to disagree with them not looking alike and where did you read the soul stealing thing?

King of the planet Onderon (c. 4000 PE) who became enthralled by Freedon Nadd's teachings, and allowed the Dark Jedi to grow in power. When the Jedi Knights were forced to remove Nadd from power, Ommin was revealed as Freedon Nadd's descendant. He carried some of the Dark Side ability with him, and his marriage to Queen Amanoa helped to bring out the Dark Side in him. Following the death of Amanoa during the intervention of Jedi Master Arca and his Jedi Knights, Ommin went into hiding, and was kept alive by mechanical means. Only his daughter, Galia, and a few trusted advisors knew he was still alive. When Arca came to Ommin to request help in recovering the stolen remains of Freedon Nadd, Ommin drew on the Dark Side of the Force to capture Arca. Ommin used the Dark Side to reach out to Satal Keto and Aleema, who had stolen Sith artifacts from the Galactic Museum on Coruscant. However, the artifacts couldn't save Ommin from the pureness of the Light Side, which had led Ulic Qel-Droma to his underground lair. Qel-Droma defeated Ommin with a swift slash of his lightsaber, crumpling Ommin's mechanical armatures and reducing the withered king to a formless mass of flesh. The spirit of Freedon Nadd, set free by the use of the Sith artifacts, finished what Ulic had started by taking Ommin's soul.

You posted it yourself. :p

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

King of the planet Onderon (c. 4000 PE) who became enthralled by Freedon Nadd's teachings, and allowed the Dark Jedi to grow in power. When the Jedi Knights were forced to remove Nadd from power, Ommin was revealed as Freedon Nadd's descendant. He carried some of the Dark Side ability with him, and his marriage to Queen Amanoa helped to bring out the Dark Side in him. Following the death of Amanoa during the intervention of Jedi Master Arca and his Jedi Knights, Ommin went into hiding, and was kept alive by mechanical means. Only his daughter, Galia, and a few trusted advisors knew he was still alive. When Arca came to Ommin to request help in recovering the stolen remains of Freedon Nadd, Ommin drew on the Dark Side of the Force to capture Arca. Ommin used the Dark Side to reach out to Satal Keto and Aleema, who had stolen Sith artifacts from the Galactic Museum on Coruscant. However, the artifacts couldn't save Ommin from the pureness of the Light Side, which had led Ulic Qel-Droma to his underground lair. Qel-Droma defeated Ommin with a swift slash of his lightsaber, crumpling Ommin's mechanical armatures and reducing the withered king to a formless mass of flesh. The spirit of Freedon Nadd, set free by the use of the Sith artifacts, finished what Ulic had started by taking Ommin's soul.

You posted it yourself. :p

oops so I did. I just learned all this **** yesterday, cut me some slack! :)

Anyways, maybe the Spirt of Nadd is using the kings body or something

the Onderonian King, a descendant of Freedon Nadd...

maybe that has soemthign to do with it. Maybe it's the kings kid if they had one...

This is an intresting read concerning Ominin and Iziz.

This is just the info that is on the SW official site. The only difference is that they have made it hard to read by having red text on a black background.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It's a nice theory but it clashes with the timeline

To be honest it dosnt really clash with the timeline, i mean 44 years before KotOR, therefore 49 before TSL, as i have said before sion looks like no spring chicken, so who knows how old he is! So unless sion is a brand new character made up by obsidian (maybe) then this is the only person i can find who fits the bill. If anyone else knows different, let me know please ;)

It's a nice theory but it clashes with the timeline and as posted earlier, the guy has been consumed by a dark side spirit.

Now a dark spirit using his body might actually be more interesting than the first theory.

it doesn't really clash with the timeline

Yes, it does. This guy is alive 44 years before Sion is.

It's a nice theory but it clashes with the timeline and as posted earlier, the guy has been consumed by a dark side spirit.

Now a dark spirit using his body might actually be more interesting than the first theory.

it doesn't really clash with the timeline

Yes, it does. This guy is alive 44 years before Sion is.

sion wasnt born at the time of TSL he must obviouly have had a history before it! whether it is the history im thinking of remains to be seen ;)

Spoiler for those who havent read the Exar Kun comics:

Scion cant be the King because the King does infact die. At the time of the comics' start King Ominn is believed to be dead and there is a problem between the inhabitants of Onderon. The "Savages" and the city of King Ominn (Iziz) ruled by his Queen. As a result of the conflict the Jedi Master Arca is appointed Watchman of Onderon and he sends his apprentices Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma to mediate the dispute. In the comic, Ulic Qel-Droma discovers that the inhabitants of Iziz are followers of the long dead Dark Jedi Freedon Naad. Ulic also discovers that the source of Onderons darkness is the remains of Naad and the presense of the Queen and the King (who is in hiding though still alive). Ominn then unleashes dark powers on Ulic and eventually captures Master Arca. But, cutting to the chase, at the end of this part of the series, Freedon Naad (who is a spirit) abandons Ominn and the jedi destroy his exoskeleton and destroy omin. So he is killed. His remains (along with those of the Queen and Naad) are removed to the Moon of Dxun. However he is dead. Unless there is a way to bring him back to life, Scion cant be him.