Wildman, a new ARPG meets RTS by the makers of Dungeon Siege 1 &2 & Supreme Commander

Hey guys, I was scrolling across Kickstarter recently and came upon a new project from the makers of the Original Dungeon Siege games, and several other games I grew up playing that seems pretty cool called Wildman! 

Wildman: An "Evolutionary" Action RPG

From the creative team behind Dungeon Siege 1 & 2, Total Annihilation, and the Supreme Commander Series comes the next great ARPG with real-time battle campaigns…

Check it out here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uBBDO82ZWXQ

wm-concept-polymorphideas01.png

Imagine  a prehistoric world. Your tribe is slowly
starving and as their best warrior, they have tasked you to venture out into
the unexplored world and find the resources that they desperately needs to
survive.

As you leave the safety of your tribal cave, you’re attacked by hordes of strange
beasts and dinosaurs that want to tear you limb from limb.

Leaping into battle, you smash and maul your opponents — leaving their broken bodies in
your wake.

Your tribe is finally safe and wants to enjoy the spoils of your victory.

But not you.

You don’t want to settle.  You want more lands... more
weapons... and even bigger rewards.

You are Wildman.

desert-gameplay-copy.png

As you explore uncharted lands and battle new enemies, you’ll discover hidden treasures,
powerful weapons, and jaw-dropping technologies, as you you battle through the
ages You’ll gain new skills, weapons, and armor. And as you gain victories and experience, you’ll…

Unleash The Power Of Your Own Prehistoric Army…

wm-concept-creepsexplorations2.png

• Siege enemy cities and pillage their lands... 
  • Call upon war dogs and elite units  to rip your enemies apart...
  • Unleash powerful magic on your foes to shatter their defenses...
  • Transform into animal forms and use primal melee powers to kill the enemy warlords…   

Get Ready To Conquer The World…

What's particularly cool is Project Mercury, a brand new visionary tech tool for developers and modders that not only allow you to have very powerful modding tools for Wildman, but for any game or project you want to use it on. It's a little tricky to explain briefly, so check out this video update! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuGdQqUhKD4

learn more on the the Kickstarter page, but hurry less than a week to go! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

Sorry. It's time for the free market to let do it's thing.

Considering he laid of a bunch of staff not long after the kickstarter was announced and the fate of his company is lying on the campaign (which the deadline is 6 days away and not even 50% of the goal reached), I think that just may happen.

I still think that the best RTS from Chris was Total Annihilation (and one of the best RTS ever - in same league as Homeworld, CoH, DoW, SC, Warcraft 3, C&C, Red Alert and Dune)... It was fresh, awesome, massive in scale... I remember that my computer couldn't handle SP skirmish scenarios on huge maps...

Supreme Commander was interesting, but the experimental units made most of the tactics redundant plus T1 and T2 units were pretty much useless, while in TA they were still useful. Generally the idea of super units is something that turns me off, because you tend to spam them. Best RTSs' do not have a single category of units that are must haves.

This game concept looks somewhat familiar and even might be interesting... I still recall D&D Dragonshard to be quite entertaining.

Edited by Darkpriest

Considering he laid of a bunch of staff not long after the kickstarter was announced and the fate of his company is lying on the campaign (which the deadline is 6 days away and not even 50% of the goal reached), I think that just may happen.

Stupidity and laziness just doesn't pay off anymore, Chris.

Well the staff knew before the campaign this was the final straw. The layoffs were inevitable, they just weren't sure how long they could go so Chris made the call to let them go so they'd get severance and paid time off. If you haven't seen this, he goes into great detail.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade