I do like this, one can imagine a quest starting off as a bizarre and unexplained rash of abductions, that resolves into a (crazed?) Animancer kidnapping Godlike in an attempt to refine and purify their souls. After all in real life the Philosopher's aim of turning lead to gold was not about wealth, it was simply an effort to purify baser metals,  thus bringing them closer to god, as gold was supposed to be.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Irenicus after a failed experiment ;)

I like it though, it makes sense in this world of soul manipulation that people would try something like this.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

imaging the monster being the dungeon you traversing

Like Cinnabar, in Rogue Trooper?

rogue-trooper.jpg

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Ghoul-like creature.

Something similar to Judge Death.

GD_Judge_Death_Small.jpg

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

always thought dnd wights were the coolest undead. How the carry themselves, their design, lore etc. If I could incorporate wights into project eternity I make them a way more powerful undead and few in number. Legend has it there was once a robust band of mercenaries in the land that never backed down when it came to fighting. Always praising the gods of creation for their fighting spirit and valor. After a particular event they find themselves cursed by a cruel god of creation. The mercenaries imbued into mockeries of life. They became pale twisted somewhat degenerative looking beings, constant hate and thirst for life force, instead of love and brotherhood misanthropy and hatred in its place. After plundering the country side of remote villages the mercenaries find a dark wizard whom in place of his life, enchanted a ruined frozen fortress for the mercenaries where they can live and battle in solitude. A battered ruined fortress that lies in the forgotten corner of the world. With the wizards magic the fortress now has the power to teleport unfortunate bands of warriors from all corners of the world somehow to its frozen bailey. Where the mercenaries lie in wait with open ghastly mouths in its walls looking deceased and withered. Only to stir at the perfect time to fight their eternal battles full of chaos and mockery of the lives they once lived. Mindless warriors found wandering the remote places of the world or where battle is plenty are said to be the slain by the mercenaries and used in their dark rituals.

Basically I have these wights be like dnd wights but less derp and far more intelligent. Decorated with war paints looking like black metal artists, lot more swagger.

• 5 months later...

I thought this thread needed reviving what with all the monster discussion going on.  Here's my go:

Door Speakers

Door speakers are agents of death who seek to recapture those who have avoided their natural end through unnatural means.  They use little offense on their own, and are forbidden from killing living creatures save those who stand between them and their rightful target.  Rather than attack enemies they merely open doors to the underworld and use waves of force to push their enemies in.  Creatures near the doors of the underworld are stunned by the howls of the damned and frozen by the unnatural chill.  If they spend too much time near the door, black appendages called the "hands of the dead" will drag them closer to the door.  After a short period of time the hands of the dead drag those nearby inside, and the doors close.  

Then the door speaker opens one last door and walks inside.

• Like 2

Monster [Hostile]: Dust Drake
- Dust Drakes seem to be a natural phenoma in the environment, but in fact are dangerous sentient ethereal large beings. They are creatures in limbo, between this world and the other world. Luckily for most travelers, they are a rare species, isolated in the deepest of deserts. Hence the name, "Dust" Drake, for dust and sand blow up like whirlwinds wherever they move. Some speculate they are the souls of some of the oldest and wisest of dragons.

Crawling Terror

--------------------

The crawling terror comes at night. It is unknown exactly what kind of creature this is. We know only, that it is some form of predatory life, that instinctively tries to stay out of the light.

It poses a danger to adventurers, as it targets campfires. When everyone is asleep, except the one person on guard, the crawling terror tries to lure him / her away from the others.

It makes crackling noises in the nearby woods, imitates the moving of leaves in the bushes. When all else fails, the crawling terror tries to lure the person who is awake away from the campfire in a clearly imitated, childlike voice. At times it can be really persistent, repeating lines like

"Come see me! I'm here behind the bushes!" and "I am alone here, in the dark!"

even until dawn.

Nobody has seen it, but we know that only the bloody, ragged clothes of those remain, who give in and step away from the light of the fire, into the dark.

Stray Root

This 'creature' looks like ordinary stump of chopped down tree. However this 'thing' is far more horrifing than what it seems to be.This crature is part plant, part living thing. Its not much known how these roots exist and where they are from but most people belive that when old tree with soul connected to land is chopped down by greedy lumberjacks its roots fuel with sorrow, rage and vengance morph into octopus like creature. 

Stray roots are vile and deceptive creatures. They move during nights, placing themself into pathways and dirty roads in woods. Once 'settled' in place they look like ordinary stump of tree, strangly placed in middle of the road. When someone cross them (by foot or on cart) they release invisible toxin without smell. Affected pray didnt notice anything strange and continue to its destination. However its only illusion. Once toxin hits target victim start experiencing heavy hallucinations. Road starts curving, unknown crossroads start appearing in his way. In fact victim starts wandering deeper and deeper into forest often circling around Sray Root. After desoriented victim fall to lay down to catch breath Stray root dig out and using its tentacles like roots covered with thorns pull victing into its digged out hole in land. Stray root doesnt have any 'mouth'. Instead it burry victim underneath itself slowly decomposing its corpse. Its very painfull death as victim can be alive even few days burrowed and slowly digested by Stray Root.

So watch out for what you are crossing on your adventures!

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Firefret

the firefret is a fast moving flying creature that excels at evasion. It can move while attacking (ranged, low fire damage with a chance to set it's target on fire) and leaves a trail of flames in its wake. The flames dissipate fairly quickly, but crossing the barrier does fire damage and has a small chance to set you on fire)

Firefrets are seen as mischievous but not inherently evil spirit creatures. They hunt at night for small prey and are rarely hostile.

It is recommended to stock up on slow effects and fire resistance effects, and to have higher accuracy ranged weaponry to fight the Firefret.

Firefrets usually come in groups of two, but they have communal broods which are protected by several Firefrets and often found alongside natural defences such as Moonblooms and Stray Roots

Firefrets circle their opponents trying to create as many flame barriers around them as possible, impeding their movement, especially in larger groups.

Infant Firefrets are vulnerable creatures with none of the abilities adults have.

High evasion, high dexterity, low health, low might, medium willpower.

There are some fanciful folk-tales surrounding Firefrets.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Mirror Mask

Vanity some say is a sin, in Eora for those whom stare too long into certain mirrors it is far worse.

None know whence these silver steel mirrors originate, but they are highly valued for their strength, rarity, and unique decoration. Forged entirely of a light and highly reflective steel whose secret remains unlocked to this day, these full length dress mirrors feature unique decorations: Webs of startling angled complexity decorate the frame, and unknown sigils decorate almost every inch of them, in what might almost be a language. Within these webs one can often see a masked face peering forth, with eyes behind the eyeholes which seem too spectacular and faceted.

The viewer whom stares too long into the central mirror itself will be fascinated, his mind caught up in admiring his own reflection, and time will pass quickly as he stares and dreams away the day. Over time he will stop to admire himself more and more, becoming ever more vain and distracted, and his mind will deteriorate. And the masked faces hidden in the webs shall smile all the merrier.

Soon the viewer will know no peace whether he admires his reflection or not, dreams will overtake him, and he will hear chittering laughter, the skitter of too many feet on polished stone, and experience a scene wherein masked and robed figure sway and slide in a stygian gloom. Their angular limbs moving in an inhuman and too precise manner, such that it sends shivers up his spine. And always there will be one who sits alone above them and watches him, upon a many legged throne, reclining into a web of silver steel, a mask upon his face and eyes too bright and knowing. And the viewer will know a terror of this individual.

The owner shall sicken and die, wasting away, and often times he shall black out. When he awakens from such episodes he will be told of strange acts he commanded in his minds absence, of a different commanding manner and eyes that were too bright and terrible to hold for long. The viewer shall think himself mad then, but it matters little for he will soon be gone, and that new commanding presence shall endure. There will be only one sacrosanct rule, that the masters chambers remain undisturbed, and all the servants and family members will feel an instinctual urge to obey it.

He shall die alone, his last thoughts of the figure on the throne unmasking to reveal his own screaming face.

The next day he will return, recovered and of much firmer mind and manner, a true master of his manse. But there will be a slight etherealness to his presence, and no doors will he open or mirrors allow in the house anymore. In truth this is just a shade, a mask for an ancient and mighty alien soul, that chitters in amusement, and beholds the world through terrible bright multifaceted eyes. It exists but it has no substance, other than what it places into the minds of those it interacts with. No shadow or reflection will the Mirror Mask cast, so by necessity it will remain in the shade and avoid any article of vanity.

It will manipulate its staff to commit strange acts, give unusual directions, undertake complex assignments and represent its business interests. If there is a goal to these acts they are so complex as to escape all but the most labyrinthine of minds, for they seem random and nonsensical, and many will think that the master has gone insane as he retires in his secluded abode. And then one day he shall disappear.

They will find him rotten away in his bed, far too decomposed, and suspect foul play, perhaps blaming an Animancer or a Fampyr. But always there will be numerous copies of the deceaseds will at hand, and parties who arrive to carry out these last acts of the departed. And somewhere a distant relative or old friend will be delighted and surprised when he recieves a beautiful and rare piece of strange art that doubles as an exquisite dress mirror.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!