What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Finished up LEGO Lord of the Rings.

If you're not already familiar, it's pretty much the definition of a time waster. The LEGO games have a very childlike charm to them that I think even adults can appreciate, but it's not something you're going to feel fulfilled playing. Just amused and entertained.

Yeah, the LEGO games are insanely easy and quite repetitive, yet at the same time they're charming and enjoyable.  After playing a LEGO game I'm not eager to recommend it to anyone, or even tell them about it, but I'm also not unhappy with my experience.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Up to Nolaloth's valley in the original campaign of Neverwinter Nights 2, it's rather stunning and definitely one of the high points of the game so far, i'd forgotten about it entirely so it came as somewhat of a surprise.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Finished up LEGO Lord of the Rings.

If you're not already familiar, it's pretty much the definition of a time waster. The LEGO games have a very childlike charm to them that I think even adults can appreciate, but it's not something you're going to feel fulfilled playing. Just amused and entertained.

Yeah, the LEGO games are insanely easy and quite repetitive, yet at the same time they're charming and enjoyable.  After playing a LEGO game I'm not eager to recommend it to anyone, or even tell them about it, but I'm also not unhappy with my experience.  

I've played and enjoyed (to greater and lesser degrees) all of the license based Lego games.  Looking forward to the marvel one!

EDIT: As to what I'm playing, I beat the main campaign in DA:O and went to DA2 - I remembered the games were different in mechanics but I'd forgotten HOW different they were.  Also had to throw my initial character concept out the window when I looked at an old save and realized I was recreating the last character I'd played in DA2...

Plan on going back and doing the DA:O expansion after DA2 but with a new character (I've never tried the expansion without porting my character over from the other game).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Quantum Conundrum. Stuck at a puzzle, making me scratch my head.

And the moment you figure it out, you'll laugh happily and refuse to admit which puzzle it was if anyone asks, because in hindsight it will look ridiculously simple. That was a game where I didn't mind beating my head against the wall for a while, though getting the timing right on some of the speed runs did get a bit tedious. Friggin' Couch Surfing...

Edited by TSBasilisk

Still playing Dragonborn, I guess. Kind of burned out of gaming atm.

I'd say you're not burned out if you're still playing Skyrim. How many times can you dive the same* dungeon for random loot without feeling burned out? It's not like the combat system is actually "fun," so what's the appeal?

I shouldn't say this on a game developer's gaming board in a "what are you playing" thread, but why not read a book, or learn some fringe hobby like sailing (admittedly, if you went to Yale or live on 5th avenue in Manhattan you probably have a few Yachts already,) or survival training (not like hoarding guns, but learning to be like Les Stroud,) or practice archery in real life (if that appeals to you,) maybe even put in some overtime if employed? Sure it's "less fun" than Skyrim, but if you're really burnt out you might as well do something else that will reset the metaphorical cooldown on gaming burnout.

*Yes, the geometric layout is different, but in the end, aren't they all the same, even taking into account the 4 different "tilesets"?

Edited by AGX-17

I'd say you're not burned out if you're still playing Skyrim. How many times can you dive the same* dungeon for random loot without feeling burned out? It's not like the combat system is actually "fun," so what's the appeal?

I shouldn't say this on a game developer's gaming board in a "what are you playing" thread, but why not read a book, or learn some fringe hobby like sailing (admittedly, if you went to Yale or live on 5th avenue in Manhattan you probably have a few Yachts already,) or survival training (not like hoarding guns, but learning to be like Les Stroud,) or practice archery in real life (if that appeals to you,) maybe even put in some overtime if employed? Sure it's "less fun" than Skyrim, but if you're really burnt out you might as well do something else that will reset the metaphorical cooldown on gaming burnout.

*Yes, the geometric layout is different, but in the end, aren't they all the same, even taking into account the 4 different "tilesets"?

Holy Cow. You want us to go outside? To live life? We can't do that! Our CRPG characters are so much better looking than we are! They are getting more action. They do more interesting stuff. There are no rules out there... we don't get to hack up people with swords or axes if we don't like them. Heck you can't even CARRY a sword out there, people freak out when they see it. Noooooo, close the curtains we're staying in here!  :lol:

Ok I'm channeling a rant Taks posted a long time ago. And doing it poorly, it WAS funny. Was it Taks? Maybe it was Pop... I forget. But it was funny.

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

tumblr_mb1pr4Jc3h1qzmvilo1_500.jpg

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I forgot how addicting Fallout 2 could be when you start making progress. I started a new game and made it all the way to Vault City with a diplomatic character.

(Using the Power Armor exploit of course, since I am tremendously bad at combat in Fallout 2, and the Restoration mod makes playing a diplomatic character without Power Armor a living hell.)

Also playing Fallout Tactics on the side. It's stupid, but fun in it's own way.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

That angry cat pic always makes me laugh, even tho I've seen it constantly already.

Still playing Borderlands 2 with hubby. Mostly on weekends. Rest of the time I'm still playing nada, game-wise. I'll look at my list of Steam or other games that I could finally check out more in-depth or whatever, but then I'll close the list, get out of the deskchair, and play with a cat instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nearly a year and half after my computer exploded while playing Skyrim, I have returned to the homeland of the Nords.  And after hours of learning to smith, gathering powerful artifacts, practicing until I could nearly hide in plain sight, I have killed a dragon with one hit from my dagger.  I think I've gone too far.

• Like 2

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I want to play Skyrim, but either Open Cities hates me or all these graphical enhancements I've downloaded have broken the game enough to get me stuck in the corner club I started in with the Alternate Start mod.

Either way, I'm too busy becoming a mad scientist in New Vegas to check.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

A bit of Spider Solitaire and Mahjong Titans is all the last few weeks I think (except for a brief revisiting of Warlock - Master of the Arcane) :blush:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

585785788.gif

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Ni No Kuni finally arrived... Had to purchase it in UK. Here there are still no copies for sale... **** retarded CZ/SK distributors...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I forgot how addicting Fallout 2 could be when you start making progress. I started a new game and made it all the way to Vault City with a diplomatic character.

Sweet. Did you install any mods or patches? I heard a lot of good stuff about the restoration project.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.