What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Having a blast playing through the Zodiac Tournament in Sleeping Dogs.  It's Enter the Dragon right down to the funky 70s music.

8)

I thought you would enjoy it, its just not very long

Its a pity they couldn't make a much longer expansion of SD, something where you have to travel the city and kill numerous elite assassins. A bit like Bourne Identity. And each assassin would have his own style of fighting.

I can't complain about length seeing as I only paid a buck and a quarter for it, but yeah, I'd love for them to put out a meatier DLC.  I'm all for anything that would lengthen my Sleeping Dogs playing experience.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Got back into Civ V with mods, playing some stupidly giant mod Earth map which is dramatically larger than the largest possible unmodded map size. Unfeasible concept unless someone makes a mod to allow cities to expand beyond one hex and increase the maximum border limits, it's just that big. But at the same time I downloaded it because the largest Earth map was stupidly small in the standard game with G&K. So. Maybe I should tell Firaxis about this experience.

• Like 1

Messing around with Borderlands 2. Recently re-installed Skyrim but getting through the early stuff after character creation is pushing my level of interest in replaying to the limit.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Jack, do you know what day tomorrow is?

lol, i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

MGS2 had some great moments, but then it had some of the worst moments in the series too

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Got back into Civ V with mods, playing some stupidly giant mod Earth map which is dramatically larger than the largest possible unmodded map size. Unfeasible concept unless someone makes a mod to allow cities to expand beyond one hex and increase the maximum border limits, it's just that big. But at the same time I downloaded it because the largest Earth map was stupidly small in the standard game with G&K. So. Maybe I should tell Firaxis about this experience.

I've never seen the appeal of using the Earth maps for Civ games.  Uncertainty about what's over that next hill is just such a major element of early-mid gameplay.  The "fractal" map script tends to make terrain that is fun to play on, IMO. 

I've never seen the appeal of using the Earth maps for Civ games.  Uncertainty about what's over that next hill is just such a major element of early-mid gameplay.  The "fractal" map script tends to make terrain that is fun to play on, IMO.

Because they're all real-world civilizations (although some don't count as civilizations by the definition of the word.) You really see no appeal in playing at changing history? Carthage burns Rome to the ground and salts the earth, enslaving the few survivors? Han China repels the Mongol hordes, or the Mongols successfully conquer Japan? Or a Native American civilization like the Inca conquers and colonizes Europe? Besides, the real world is a beautiful place full of wonders to explore, anyway. You could spend your entire life travelling the world as a nomadic sightseer and you'd still never see everything in a thousand lifetimes.

Anyway, exploration in an unknown environment can indeed be fun, (unless you have a Carthaginian Settler and Warrior heading north across the mostly empty continent to a really sweet spot with a river flowing from mountains into a sea with rich fisheries, with marble and gold within easy reach of a well-placed settlement, only to run into a barbarian horde of 15-20 units without "Raging Barbarians" on, True story,) so why not just go all the way and let players create their own civs, and face off against randomly generated or fictional opponent civs? That would honestly add a lot more depth and fun to the game, especially if you're fond of unpredictability/novelty. Obviously the players would be drawing from a limited pool of bonuses, but there'd have to be more bonuses than possible civs to decrease the predictability of it. As it stands, every civ is a known quantity for experienced players, even if you do "Random Personalities."

Some friends of mine pestered me to try out TOR since its free to play now. Made a Zabrak female bounty hunter. I'm having some fun running around and rocket punching enemies, at which point I shout TIGER UPPERCUT! Story or quests haven't wowed me, but I just got off the starter planet, so hopefully things will pick up. Gonna try a flashpoint with friends this weeked, see how that goes.

There's a nice realistic aspect to it, it does make the gameplay a bit same-y I'll admit - at least in Civ 4 where it's always East vs West and the Americas is a huge prize. Speaking of which, in my game I'm still piling up Chinese bodies while I slowly march east. Cunning plan of them really, they had a wall of vassal states between my lands and theirs so I had to chew through Persia, Germany, India to even get a crack at them. Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the Zodiac Tournament DLC in Sleeping Dogs.  Really fun and really short.  It can be speedrun in less than an hour.  Still, it's worth it for getting to beat the crap out of fools to 70s funk.  Also you get a couple of cool outfits, though not as cool as the Wing Chun outfit from the Screen Legends DLC.  Nothing can beat the Wing Chun outfit.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Beat the Gilded Arena in Darksiders 2. It ended with a fairly fun boss fight.

PoP: The Forgotten Sands. Reached Solomon's Tomb. It's an okay, but as soon as combat starts, it turns to crap.

Dust: An Elysian Tail. I'm having fun with this one. The combat can get a bit repetitive and I hate Fidget, but the game looks really good and I'm always in favor of Metroid style games.

Metal Gear Rising

A(@$#%@)#%_) Mastifs. I just dealt with some gliders around a hammer dude. The problem with gliders is they don't get targeted well, so they just pound with with missiles from off screen. In this particular encounter, when you do finally manage to deal with them, they start dropping Mastifs. Which, in an enclosed space and with two at once, is harder for me than the boss fights.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I am playing Of Orcs and Men, I am enjoying it so far. Its a nice change to play a non-human and see the human Empire as the "baddies". I also like some of the leading characters, they have interesting personalities. An example of this is Sarkyss, a human bandit king who  considers goblins his children. The combat is different from many action games and a refreshing change, you stack combat options from a Wheel. And you do need to choose the right skill for different situations.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How playable is the f2p? Are the horror stories true?

I don't really have anything to compare it to since I've never played it any other way and I've never really played any other MMO ever. 

The only difference seems to be you have limited character creation options in what race you can choose. For me I could only choose human, cyborg or zabrak. All the classes were open to play though, both republic and empire.

There is a sprint option that subscribers get at level 1, but it unlocks at level 15 for me. It allows you to move faster out of combat. Doesn't really bother me.

I got a big message that says I will gain experience at a slower rate past level 10. There are items you can get from quests that temporarily accelerate your experience gain so I can offset that a bit. 

I think my inventory space is also limited, but it hasn't been a problem yet.

I'm only level 11, so I'm not sure what else might be limited, but so far I've had a good experience overall. Minimal lag as far as I can tell and friendly players that grouped with me. 

It's not that bad.

Do suggest shelling out the $5 (or one month sub at $15) to get a permanent upgrade to preferred status, as the 4 extra slots, additional money and storage, ability to trade and mail items and such will help considerable in increasing your enjoyment.

And at the current state of the game, I can't advise *anyone* to sub... BioWare is dropping the ball too often and the game is just too damn buggy for that...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

BioWare is dropping the ball too often

At least you are suggesting that they keep picking it back up :p

Hi Melk :)

I like Bioware and despite all this "Bioware Bashing" I guarantee you that almost every person on these forums who claims to dislike Bioware and that there games are sub-par will play Dragon Age 3 when its released. Mark my words :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

BioWare is dropping the ball too often

At least you are suggesting that they keep picking it back up :p

I like Bioware and despite all this "Bioware Bashing" I guarantee you that almost every person on these forums who claims to dislike Bioware and that there games are sub-par will play Dragon Age 3 when its released. Mark my words :)

I wont. And I think I proved that by not playing ME3 ;)

Sub-par... Bioware has entrenched itself in a specific niche, with a very specific style which does not appeal to me. It is far less a "bioware is bad" issue than the hordes of people who very vocaly will explain how they are perfect, which in turn will make those who disagree with that position to overly disagree. I do take offense when a "serious" gaming journalist drools over the consequences in Mass Effect and then discards the writing in Alpha Protocol as shallow for example. :)

BACK ON TOPIC:

( ;)  )

I accidentally deleted my continuous game in Anno 2070. Warehouses full of resources. 2.12 million credits. A research town churning out prototypes... all gone...

So I have to start a new game and get back countless hours of playtime.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The fact that you're willing to restart after losing all that work tells me that you find it a game well worth playing.

For me, still playing the original Dead Space on and off. Not finding much time for it, and every time I do start up I need to kill at least three Necromorphs before I stop jumping at every sound and settle into the gameplay.

• Like 1

Almost finished Dreamfall. Well ok, watching a LP of Dreamfall - doesn't seem I missed much on it. Civ IV game is entering the era of tanks, so naturally the Chinese are swarming me with them, and don't have gunships yet so can't hunt down their oil supplies that easily.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I won't. The way things are right now,  i don't even know when i'll play another Bioware game again.

1.13 killed off Ja2.