What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Old Thread

I'm playing an old-school RPG on my Android device called 9th Dawn.

Surprised by how much fun it is, even with crap controls.

http://www.valorware.com/

If you have an Android device, I recommend checking it out.

Thanks. I've been looking for a decent roguelike (or roguelike-like) for Android...

I refuse to play more PoE until they have a finished game.

I gotta ask what your definition of "finished" is in this respect?

Keep
in mind I was playing the beta when there was no Act3 and even Act2 was
really only half an Act. The ginormous skill tree being constantly
changed multiple times eventually drove me nuts. Finished = something at
least along the lines of the way Diablo2/Diablo3 go .. basic
gameplay/character/area done and stay the same. I don't mind a finished
game having tech patches and occasional minor alterations/adjustments,
but I tend to like to know a game isn't going to change drastically
every few months. eg, beta's that last 2-3 years is a bit much for me.
Thus, at this point, call me when it's ready. ;)

I'm
not counting their plan of selling non-essential things like backpack
space for profit, which I'm sure would evolve over time as well.

Fortune favors the bald.

Still playing a game of BG2. I had completely forgotten how much I hated that particular room in Watchers Keep ("labyrinth" level), where you enter a room of demons, causing fear and you can't use magic to remove fear and your scared party members keep running back and forth between a trap that doesn't disappear until you disarm it... Trying to remember what I did in that spot the last time I actually bothered playing through Watchers Keep (would be at least 6-7 years ago).

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing a game of BG2. I had completely forgotten how much I hated that particular room in Watchers Keep ("labyrinth" level), where you enter a room of demons, causing fear and you can't use magic to remove fear and your scared party members keep running back and forth between a trap that doesn't disappear until you disarm it... Trying to remember what I did in that spot the last time I actually bothered playing through Watchers Keep (would be at least 6-7 years ago).

Gorth you need to be bold and resolute to get through that room, bold and resolute :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And gather your party before you venture forth.. Gorth..

I'm playing Skyrim - didn't finish Dawnguard, so I'm doing that and then I'll be buying Dragonborn next month if time and money permits :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Dragonborn. Have only had enough time to listen to the townsfolk blather about stuff and get a little bit into the dungeon inside the starting town.

They could probably stand to work on their dialogue writing skills, though. The first guy you meet in Dragonborn goes on to explain the Dunmer people or something. I don't remember the exact quote, but he explains that they don't like outsiders. Alright, wouldn't that have been better with just a "@#$@% outsiders!"

It's just weird having characters explain themselves instead of simply being themselves.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dead Space 3, playing coop with my friend but it really kills the mood (which is already not much). Sounds effects are cool, got better gameplay, weapon upgrade is better. But it plays more like sci-fi a shooter than survival horror. Also story seems like became even more lackluster.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Dead Space 3, playing coop with my friend but it really kills the mood (which is already not much). Sounds effects are cool, got better gameplay, weapon upgrade is better. But it plays more like sci-fi a shooter than survival horror. Also story seems like became even more lackluster.

Ahh, that's hard to hear.

Maybe in the future when it goes on a good sale then.  I keep looking over my steam library, but still consistently go back to Path of Exile, however may take a trip back through Dead Space 1 and 2 for sure in the near future.  Maybe try out Big Picture.

Further into Neverwinter Nights 2

The court scene that takes into account even the smallest things you did in Act 1, Sand's fantastic dialog, the various moments when your companions try to help you depending on your influence with them, the dozens upon dozens of skill-based dialog options...

To me, NWN2 started as one of the blandest fantasy RPGs I've played, but now I think it's positively great (I'm the kind of guy who tends to prefer high peaks over solid performance)

• Like 1

Finished Spellhold in BG2. Still ever so slightly imbalanced, Irenicus was ludicrously easy thanks to having all the 'helper' casters and him spending all his time ineffectually blatting them. Had a bug where Irenicus would not leave after getting 'near death' so had to play it twice, in neither attempt did any party member or any of the helpers die, which really showed up how artificial them all just dropping dead via script at the end is. OTOH, being dumped into the Gauntlet earlier with no equipment- which makes perfect sense theoretically- was rubbish in practise, as I couldn't find a single blunt weapon that could damage golems and the only one which would damage, say, a demon or lich my fighter had no proficiency in. So you're effectively incapable of damaging enemies by melee and have an AC that makes you a sitting target as well due to no armour. The only real way to progress was to cheese rests and specifically tailor spell loadouts to the encounter which you know is coming, an approach I loathe unless everyone has sorcerer style casting.

Still, at least I can probably go back and off Thax now.

Just finished Fallout 3. That gave me the desire to replay FNV which is so muh better.

About M&B Warband, I understand it may not seem very well done for someone that didn't play the first one. The story behind it was that M&B was a middle age battle simulator. Most of the work was on the simulation aspect with very precise and close to reality system. So, for Warband, the developper tried to add a bit of background in the sandbox.

The game becomes more interesting when you have a relatively important band with companions that can manage the utilitary skills.

But the social aspect is pretty poor in the game. You can become a vassal, create somewhat a kingdom and marry the daughter of a noble, but it's not very impressive.

About shortcuts to discut with villages and nobles, I think I remember there are more such menus in Warband than in the first M&B, but it's been a long time.

Dragonborn. Have only had enough time to listen to the townsfolk blather about stuff and get a little bit into the dungeon inside the starting town.

They could probably stand to work on their dialogue writing skills, though. The first guy you meet in Dragonborn goes on to explain the Dunmer people or something. I don't remember the exact quote, but he explains that they don't like outsiders. Alright, wouldn't that have been better with just a "@#$@% outsiders!"

It's just weird having characters explain themselves instead of simply being themselves.

That started to annoy me in the main game, NPCs spew lore as soon as you wander within range, mods can tone down the radius but I prefer the Oblivion method where they just say hello and save the background stuff until you ask, maybe someone's made a mod for that too?

Edited by WDeranged

Very much belatedly, I'm playing the original Dead Space after snagging it during a Steam sale. I hadn't played it before because... I'm a wuss. I got freaked out playing Aliens vs Predators, and that was when I was playing the Alien!

Currently cursing years of FPSs training me to fire while looking; keep flailing wildly at the air while a Necromorph walks up for a bear-hug.

I bought Dead Space 3 the other day, but still haven't managed to play it.  Every time I attempt to sit down and play one of the games on my backlog (Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3, Dead Space 3), something comes up and I don't get the chance.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finally completed Diablo 3 with every character class!

As usual, my favourite class is the ranged magic-user (Wizard).

Here's hoping that they make character stats customizable in the future -- at least before the first expansion.

Edited by Tasaio

Serious Sam 3:BFE still...

Gameplay got more samlike, but still hate the environments. So many levels with the same look? Village I am in now is an improvement, but can't wait for the cityscape to stop...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Started playing Sleeping Dogs today. The story and the characters have been pretty good so far. They remind me of GTA IV a bit.

Emphasis on a bit. I couldn't finish GTA IV, it was painful. SD isn't perfect but it's leagues better imo.

• Like 3

Started playing Sleeping Dogs today. The story and the characters have been pretty good so far. They remind me of GTA IV a bit.

Emphasis on a bit. I couldn't finish GTA IV, it was painful. SD isn't perfect but it's leagues better imo.

Each of the characters I have met in the game so far have had their own personalities and the main character is pretty likeable. Rockstar also does a decent job when it comes to characters and dialogues. That's what sets the GTA series aside from other sandbox games in my opinion.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.