The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Messier-31

How are the Dev's arrogant? They acknowledge Skyrim was a good game and they all played it. But they also mentioned its shortfalls. Criticism and wanting to make a good game is not arrogance. This is the type of interview we should be wanting and expecting.

A problem with my choice of words. I don't generally like to cheat past censorship (can I turn it off in options?), but the word I really meant to use was "coc.ky".

You do remember their (less than?) subtle jabs at Bioware during the various Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition interviews, right? Or their open distaste for publisher interference and control? Their PR and interviews have for a while had this air of "Not only will our game be better than yours, we also have far better business ethics"

And I like that attitude.

• Like 4

As long as they deliver a great game, they can show off or pound their chest all they want.  They're looking to get attention because attention means more sales (usually).  I see no problem with that.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How are the Dev's arrogant? They acknowledge Skyrim was a good game and they all played it. But they also mentioned its shortfalls. Criticism and wanting to make a good game is not arrogance. This is the type of interview we should be wanting and expecting.

A problem with my choice of words. I don't generally like to cheat past censorship (can I turn it off in options?), but the word I really meant to use was "coc.ky".

You do remember their (less than?) subtle jabs at Bioware during the various Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition interviews, right? Or their open distaste for publisher interference and control? Their PR and interviews have for a while had this air of "Not only will our game be better than yours, we also have far better business ethics"

I see what you mean, I agree :) I think its really commendable that a relatively small company like CPR has been able to create a fantasy franchise that rivals, for many people, the popularity of Elder Scrolls and games like Dragon Age.

Its shows what commitment and believing in a vision can achieve in the very competitive market of fantasy RPG.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A "bit" would be an understatement. I think I've heard "on hold" tunes on the phone that were less bland than that. Second one was good though :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I see what you mean, I agree :) I think its really commendable that a relatively small company like CPR has been able to create a fantasy franchise that rivals, for many people, the popularity of Elder Scrolls and games like Dragon Age.

Its shows what commitment and believing in a vision can achieve in the very competitive market of fantasy RPG.

Yes Poland has many people!

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"think its really commendable that a relatively small company like CPR
has been able to create a fantasy franchise that rivals, for many
people, the popularity of Elder Scrolls and games like Dragon Age."

They're not a small company. They are friggin' publisher - soemthing BIO was/is not. CPR also was smart enough to piggy back on BIO by using their name to pimp Twitcher. I know I'd never would have known or cared or wasted my moolah on Twitcher 1 if it wasn't for BIO.

And, they didn't create crap. They  used someone else's franchise. You coem talk to me when they create their own DA or ME. Or RE, GTA, or D. Etc., etc. Or, hell, even my most hated franchise ES series.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You bought a game because they used an engine made by Bioware ? :p 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, i heard of the game because of that. But, it looked like it was gonna be awesome and was looking forward to it. I even bragged about it and pimped it for them. It was disspaointing, Why do you think I'm so bitter? l0lz

No, i heard of the game because of that. But, it looked like it was gonna be awesome and was looking forward to it. I even bragged about it and pimped it for them. It was disspaointing, Why do you think I'm so bitter? l0lz

You sound bitter, shame poor Volourn :shrugz:

The good news is that no one is going to force you to buy Witcher 3 so you don't have to worry about investing in a bad product from naughty CPR. But I will keep you updated about the game as I play it so you feel included in my RPG experience.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hey, as long as the standing obsidian forums policy is to post in threads dedicated tog ames the poster hates, I shall abide to said rule myself. I'm a follower that way. :)

• Like 1

Ah ok, well that's a bit better. Was thinking lucky thing you're not an Epic fan, else you'd be buying all kinds of UE3-using stuff :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Big Ole RPS Interview - Part 1

I really like the part about smaller side quests, actions, and non-actions all playing a part in the main plot.  Of course, they have to actually execute it, but damn it sounds good on paper.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I really like the part about smaller side quests, actions, and non-actions all playing a part in the main plot.  Of course, they have to actually execute it, but damn it sounds good on paper.

Good article, I went to RPS to read this as I don't think your link is working  ;(

• Like 1

John Milton 

Good article, I went to RPS to read this as I don't think your link is working  ;(

Fixed link, sorry about that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Very informative article :)

I particularly like the fact they mention that this doesn't necessarily  mean its the end of games in the Witcher universe

John Milton 

Oddly amused.

Will it run on Ubuntu?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I hope CDPR does not trip in the (potential) bull**** with their hype and delivers a game that is actually entertaining, and - as a sandbox - doesn't fall in the ultimate repetitive boredom trap as Bethesda games.

• Like 2

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."