The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Messier-31

Yeah, looks like Skyrim.

Ouch... that's cold!

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, looks like Skyrim.

Ouch... that's cold!

this actually made me laugh out loud, for reals

i need to get out of this office....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Mentioned in the random news/ EA ate my dog! thread, but TW3 is confirmed to be DRM free, except for people who hate freedom, wodka and potatoes and buy on steam, of course.

Which is nice, I guess, but given that the retail version last time could be made DRM free in about fifteen seconds I'm more interested in whether we'll get saddled with Australia's moronic puritanical censorship and the Namco Bandai antipode tax again, as fixing the consequences of those took a whole two minutes!

except for people who aren't paranoid, prefer convenience, and buy on steam, of course.

Fixed.

Edited by Rhamnetin

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

except for people who aren't paranoid, prefer convenience, and buy on steam, of course.

Fixed.

Personally, I'd far prefer CDPR (or any other developer) be able to get full 100% potato rather than GabeN saying no! I want part of potato! you get medium potato only! but I'm funny like that. You might like to consider whether the 'convenience' and lack of 'paranoia' is worth $16 going to Valve rather than the people who actually made the game. Or not, entirely up to you.

(Of course CDPR will get only half potatoe from me, download will be far too big otherwise but at least that's a technical limitation)

• Like 2

Here's a cool article on the history of CD Projekt, from selling games at a flea market, to almost folding, to where they are today:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-seeing-red-the-story-of-cd-projekt

It's a long read, but very interesting and worthwhile in my opinion.

:)

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

**** company making **** game and **** whining about their own ****iness.

I wonder if they'll ever develop a non Twitcher game. L0L

There's been rumours of other stuff but I won't believe they aren't Twitcher games in disguise.

No originality at all. (which is not the same as  being influenced by past endeavours).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Volo old bean, they're making a Cyberpunk game which is totally not TWitcher! It's been announced and everything, and is set in a dystopian future! OK, for all we know at the moment it could feature lead character Heralt and girlfriend Priss in a dark tale of betrayal and politics and incidental monster hunting, but then originality ain't exactly in abundance in either general gaming or the cRPG subgenre.

• Like 2

It just proves they have no original ideas. they just  use others' IPs. I remember when BIO got bashed relentlessly when they went from DnD to SW. At least BIO can make their own IPs - and, do so, successfully.

R00fles!

P.S. Plus, Cyberpunk is overrated, anyways.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I love you volo.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A white haired genetically modified super soldier with a girlfriend called Priss, where do I know that from?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

A white haired genetically modified super soldier with a girlfriend called Priss, where do I know that from?

Some 90's comic?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Sounds 2000ad-ish.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg

Guys here is a good read on this much anticipated game, as expected there will be the much appreciated adult themes around  sex and nudity 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, he does retire monsters.  Hopefully they can work in some Bruxa getting shot with bolts as she slow-mos her way through stained glass windows.  Hm, wonder if they dubbed Roy's speech in Polish anywhere.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg

Guys here is a good read on this much anticipated game, as expected there will be the much appreciated adult themes around  sex and nudity 8)

It wouldn't be a proper Twitcher game without ample sexy time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It wouldn't be a proper Twitcher game without ample sexy time.

But Keyrock lets be honest for a second. Are you going to participate in the optional sex scenes that will be available in W3? Now before you answer think "high-resolution" and " next-gen graphics " :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela