The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Messier-31

Well the enhanced edition of Assassins of Kings offered two large quests, one for each path as well as numerous changes and modifications to the base game. I suppose one could judge that as dlc.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

TW2 has free DLC while DA2 has bucket loads.

Well it's not like Witcher DLCs are the same scale.  The new missions were much shorter than Legacy or Mark of the Assassin in DA2.  But Bioware/EA DLC have ridiculous prices.  I can't even recall how much I spent on DLC for DA2, ME2, and ME3.

I'm sorry to say this Rhamnetin but I have decided to forbid you from playing the Witcher 3 when it is released. You have been far too negative about the genre and I feel I need to make an example. I know this may sound harsh but if I see a concerted effort from you to be more positive about the game I quite possibly may change my mind. But until then no Witcher 3 for you !!!!

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well it's not like Witcher DLCs are the same scale.  The new missions were much shorter than Legacy or Mark of the Assassin in DA2.  But Bioware/EA DLC have ridiculous prices.  I can't even recall how much I spent on DLC for DA2, ME2, and ME3.

I'm sorry to say this Rhamnetin but I have decided to forbid you from playing the Witcher 3 when it is released. You have been far too negative about the genre and I feel I need to make an example. I know this may sound harsh but if I see a concerted effort from you to be more positive about the game I quite possibly may change my mind. But until then no Witcher 3 for you !!!!

MGPU3.png

• Like 1

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

And to be fair, a lot of the DLC BioWare has put out hasn't be worth $7. Not that I've played any of them, I admit, but I have youtube'd a majority of them out of curiosity. For one thing, they've been ruining DA:O and DA2 with all those awful twink DLC items. I mean, yeah, you don't have to use them, but it's rather disgusting the best items in both games are all DLC and they're the best by huge margins. Not even comparable to the base game items.

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

And to be fair, a lot of the DLC BioWare has put out hasn't be worth $7. Not that I've played any of them, I admit, but I have youtube'd a majority of them out of curiosity. For one thing, they've been ruining DA:O and DA2 with all those awful twink DLC items. I mean, yeah, you don't have to use them, but it's rather disgusting the best items in both games are all DLC and they're the best by huge margins. Not even comparable to the base game items.

And said items are accessible right from the start lol.  Though when it comes to DLC weapons, there are base game items that are even better than those.  I don't think that can be said for armors however.  Right click -> Destroy for the win.

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02RdkvI6zo&list=TLGnDlt5Lcgk8

• Like 5

Indeed, it's right up there with over-medicated Elaine hollering "Stella!", and Babu Bhatt being miserable at his café and waving his 10 inch nail for a finger.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yennefer better be hot.

Yennefer was always characterized as rather attractive, although it is alluded to that she was once a hunchback.  It's fairly common practice for sorceresses to augment their looks with magic, since it often helps to be sexy looking when trying to influence important dignitaries.  Think of it as magical boob jobs, nose jobs, etc.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Yennefer, her memory gone from her time with the Hunt, had intrigued and seduced her way into Emhyr's bed. There's a note in Shilards tent that i've just found, giving his regards to the Emperor's consort, strange wording for false Ciri the Empress and the whole thing gives off a Chekhov's gun vibe to me.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

See that mountain in the background, you can plough it!

• Like 2

Tea for the teapot!

Wow, what a scenery! The year 2014 is shaping up to be the year I need to take a sabbatical, because there are so many promising games coming out. What to do? What to do? *Sneaks off and rob an internet bank*

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Guest Slinky

Maybe Geralt gets an arrow through the knee while visiting Skyrim, takes a job as a town guard and tells about it to everyone who comes within 6m from him.

Pshaw, he took a pitchfork to the gut and that didn't stop him (permanently).

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*Sneaks off and rob an internet bank*

Sounds like a plan, can I be your accomplice ?  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But of course, we could be partners in crime! We just need to hack ourselves into a few encrypted systems and by-pass some firewalls, and then we're good to go. Now, where's my book "Hacking for Dummies"?

• Like 1

But of course, we could be partners in crime! We just need to hack ourselves into a few encrypted systems and by-pass some firewalls, and then we're good to go. Now, where's my book "Hacking for Dummies"?

:biggrin:

Funny

John Milton 

Maybe Geralt gets an arrow through the knee while visiting Skyrim, takes a job as a town guard and tells about it to everyone who comes within 6m from him.

Well Vilgefortz allready shattered his hip.

Tea for the teapot!