The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Messier-31

Here it is:

Coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available" (CD Projekt RED isn't saying flat-out that it's a next-gen game, but it's a safe bet that new console announcements in the coming months will define the term "high-end platform"), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stretches from stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis without a loading screen anywhere to be found.

Read more: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/04/march-cover-reveal-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx

Third and last part of Geralt's epic adventure which takes place after the events described in the book series called The Witcher Saga by Andrzej Sapkowski, the most famous modern polish fantasy writer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I'm a little annoyed that this is going to end on game #3. With all the hanging plot threads and unvisited locations, this seems like they're really back-loading most of the story into this single game.

2014 release? Make in 2016 and I'd be less worried.

Still hyped as **** though

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

Here it is:

Coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available" (CD Projekt RED isn't saying flat-out that it's a next-gen game, but it's a safe bet that new console announcements in the coming months will define the term "high-end platform"), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stretches from stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis without a loading screen anywhere to be found.

Read more: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/04/march-cover-reveal-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx

Third and last part of Geralt's epic adventure which takes place after the events described in the book series called The Witcher Saga by Andrzej Sapkowski, the most famous modern polish fantasy writer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This looks excellent, its going to be bigger than Skyrim. Nice one.

But where does it say this will be the last Witcher?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I Share those reservations, the CDPR devs proved themselves to be one of the few developers able to make cohesive and logically satisfying games, that burst with life and verisimillitude, to abandon that tight and fairly linear focus seems very risky. That said one can indeed hope that they are making something as in depth as New Vegas, Betrayal at Krondor or one of the better Ultimas rather than a consequenceless hiking simulator such as Skyrim. It seems insanely ambitious but then again so was the first Witcher game, just look at what they did to the NWN engine, and the depth of the world they created.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

But where does it say this will be the last Witcher?

Video coverage, after 1:20 mark

Thx, but does he mean its the conclusion  of the theme around the Wild Hunt or the whole Witcher series? I can't make out the words he says after the word "conclusion"?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Conclusion of the trilogy.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well, their talk of handling the story at three levels hopefully is a cause for some optimism, but still not that hot on the open world stuff even when it was hinted at a while ago.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Conclusion of the trilogy.

Excellent, so it doesn't necessarily mean its the end of the Witcher :)

John Milton 

I can see it being an ending for Geralt however, always leave them wanting more and all that.

Tea for the teapot!

On one hand, I'm skeptical of their ability to fill an entire open-world, especially givent hat they want to make it really big. On the other hand, the improvements to the combat I read sound pretty spot-on and CD Projekt has shown a great willingness to improve and has plenty of talented developers, so maybe, just maybe they could combine tight storytelling with sandbox-y exploration.

On one hand, I'm skeptical of their ability to fill an entire open-world, especially givent hat they want to make it really big. On the other hand, the improvements to the combat I read sound pretty spot-on and CD Projekt has shown a great willingness to improve and has plenty of talented developers, so maybe, just maybe they could combine tight storytelling with sandbox-y exploration.

If they will be able to do this, then it might be a first sand-box game, which I will praise... Generally I am against sand-boxes in RPGs, because that results mostly in a shallow content (All Bethsheda's games I've touched made my angry and not progress beyond 4-5h mark)

• Like 1

I have 100% confidence in CD Projekt RED, they've yet to do me wrong.  If anyone can pull off great personal storytelling in an open world, they can.  This game is going to be awesome.  Plus, I'm really digging bearded Geralt.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wrote "last" because it was meant for a trilogy. If the developers will want to continue however, that is still a matter of the years to come, but I see it would be very difficult. If anyone would like more witcher, then read the books, the original story that takes place before the games. After all this is a game based on literature.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Plus, I'm really digging bearded Geralt.

I wonder if the barbers in Witcher 3 can change your beard as well as your hair.

Snidely Whiplash, anyone?

Hmm, what about Fu Manchu Geralt?  :wowey:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wrote "last" because it was meant for a trilogy. If the developers will want to continue however, that is still a matter of the years to come, but I see it would be very difficult. If anyone would like more witcher, then read the books, the original story that takes place before the games. After all this is a game based on literature.

That's what I'm trying to do.  But it's taking forever to translate them to English.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I hope the open world is more like Risen and Gothic than Elder Scrolls.

• Like 4

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: