Dynamic Multiplayer / Secret Content

I'd love to see some battles which are almost impossible to win. Something which isn't friendly to the player but makes a statement in the gaming world. It could be a deity, a dragon or otherwise. There's nothing more soul crushing than realizing you have become the most powerful individual in the realm and that no other challenges exist. 

Dynamic multiplayer content: Randomly generated multiplayer quest objectives. You won't know what they are until you begin the quest and there is no way of knowing where in the gaming world they will send you. They might involve retrieving an artifact or seeking after a bounty. Better yet, have a mission board from where players can decide what they ought to pursue - minimizing the likelyhood of people restarting the session if they don't get what they want in terms of an objective.

I'm all for nigh-unbeatable secret optional battles. There's no multiplayer though so the second suggestion is kind of moot. That said, randomly generated quests sort of go against the grain of an IE-style game; one of the attractions of IE was that because content was so easy to place, designers could hand-craft everything and didn't have to rely on algorithmically generated anything. So the world felt... dunno, handmade, living, in a way a procedurally-generated one doesn't.

• Like 4

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

After playing nwn2 for my first time, I am kinda disappointed of the no multiplayer. Granted it does make the game alot easier with another rl player with ya but ow Wells. Maybeif it sells or does well we might see multiplayer function added in the future. I understand why they didnt as in money woulda been spent on creating and maintaining servers and what not so I understand they wanted ALL the money to go into content.

I think EA has ruined most peoples perception about multiplayers.

Well, the old IE games had multiplayer, but it was severely under utilized according to the devs working on PE.

And for this kickstarter campaign we were promised a single player game.

Most people here aren't against multiplayer in general, but feel the developer's time would be better spent on perfecting a single player experience and not spending time developing a multiplayer aspect.

So for this iteration of PE don't expect to see single player from the devs. Some ambitious modders could provide it though, modders can do a lot.

And if the game is a success I imagine multiplayer will be considered once again for the next game.

After playing nwn2 for my first time, I am kinda disappointed of the no multiplayer. Granted it does make the game alot easier with another rl player with ya but ow Wells. Maybeif it sells or does well we might see multiplayer function added in the future. I understand why they didnt as in money woulda been spent on creating and maintaining servers and what not so I understand they wanted ALL the money to go into content.

I think EA has ruined most peoples perception about multiplayers.

The idea that tacking multi-player as an add-on for a game like this is trivial seems to pop up a lot.  If it's not "baked in" to the design from the ground up it just isn't going to work ... or it isn't going to work without a complete overhaul with tons of expense and time invested.

Not gonna happen regardless of EA's influence on gaming.

• Like 1