Dragons  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about putting Dragons in eternity ? (one answer)

• Yes putt them in original D&D style.
    • Yes we can have dragons but they must be little overdone and more original.
    • Yes but they must be complatly chenged then original "Dragons"
    • No, But i will not object if there are gonna be mosters that risemble dragons (Wywerns) but are not called "Dragons"
    • No, but if they are mentioned (not seen in game) i will survive
    • No, for putting any kind of dragons.
  2. 2. If they are gonna be added regardles of your opinion that non visual features they shoud have ? (multichoice)

• Be simple monsters to kill (xp bags)
    • Be more complexed being that are not simple "Interligent-Animals". Own moral codes, own drems etc.
    • They shoud have simmilar socaiety to ours, also have fractions, religions, history etc.
    • Shoud be neutral to humans and others (orlans etc)
    • Shoud be Agresive to humans and others ....
    • Shoud be friendly to humans anf others and even help them.
    • there should be a lot of them
    • there should be very little of them.
    • They are avoiding humans and others
    • They are not avoiding anyone.
  3. 3. And Visual Features ? (multichoice)

• should be very varied (one speciem more reptilian looking ther more fish looking)
    • They shoud look very simmal or even identical.
    • They shoud have mixed features of other animals (Some elemental features, some bird features etc)
    • Shoud look scary and more monstrously
    • More Animal like (fish, bird, reptilian etc)
    • More elemental like (fire elemental etc)
    • More demonish, angelic, god-like ....
    • More humanoid-like
    • other.
    • Undead likes.

I love Dragons, more western designed ones, a la "Dragonslayer" and Draco from Dragonheart.

The thing I would like , if they are in PE, is to have them treated as INTELLIGENT beings, not simply "monsters" or "creatures" to kill for the player.

Dragons should be able to be like Humans, both good and bad, or morally gray, they shouldn't all be the same either.

There hasn't been many instances of dragons in games that treated them this way, outside of the classic "Draken: Order of the Flame" game from the 90's or so that pops into mind.

I want dragons that serve story/quest purposes, can be talked with, reasoned with, aren't simply "AHHHH I'M A MONSTER IMMA EAT YUO!!!1"

• Like 1

Ouch, sorry if I touched a nerve there NKKKK.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I do love me some dragons and I do hope they're in PE, but god I hope they're nothing like how they're depicted as of late. Rather then just clever animals that amount to nothing more than a bag of xp I hope they're the more traditional style of dragon who is an intelligent, rare, mysterious and powerful creature who can't be simply taken down by the player with relative ease.

Also I'm not a fan of a lot of the designs put forth in this thread.

Smaug's_Treasure.jpg

Stick with the classics.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'd rather have dragons being represented like this:

1) powerful but avoiding the lesser beings. Manipulative though, when it fits their interests.

2) more in classic style - if you want some aberration then call it something different than a dragon... I do not care what classic style it will be, either western/european, far east, or even more serpent like in style with the first seal of the Project Eternity.

3) near impossible to challenge. If you fight a dragon in the open, you are screwed, if you fight it in some narrow and rather small cave, pressing it against a wall, then you MIGHT have a chance... since it's highly unlikely that there will be a form of flight implemented due to a nature of the design of the game, I'd rather see them more as great mysteries, or sometimes interacting with some agents or polymorphed dragons, but I'd rather not have combat scenarios, where you cannot do justice to the dragon (air attacks with scorching fire, wing buffet, tail attacks, bites and swallows, etc., being very intelligent beings on the top of the food chain, why would they ever feel that it's a good idea to sit on the ground and engage in a battle where they can get injured?)

1) Classic western dragons, neutral, maybe as bosses. Generally as was implemented in BG.

2) Human-like "drakonid" playable race. Want it so bad! Games lack of good-design drakonids =\ Usually it just lizards or some monster-demonic crap.

Reference:

post-47108-0-96530100-1359972228_thumb.jpg