Update #40: Orlan First Look and Ziets on Pantheon Design

Speaking of Sagani, can anyone tell me if Obsidian have released an updated, character card of Sagani as they have with the other 4 characters?

As for Paladins, this discussion reminds me a lot about the Paladin in Diablo 2. Their order was described as fanatically loyal to their code to the point of zealotry. Leading to it's downfall if I remember correctly.

Edited by Stiffkittin

Speaking of Sagani, can anyone tell me if Obsidian have released an updated, character card of Sagani as they have with the other 4 characters?

If you mean the concept sketch by Polina, then yes:

http://eternitywiki.com/Sagani

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Thanks for the reply Ieo! I'll take it then that this is still the highest resolution version of this available. Personally this is my favourite concept image so far. Can't wait for more.

Oh, if you mean updated larger pic... I don't know. The Polina version was released inside another update, but I don't know which. :sweat:

For the score:

Orlan--missing name and Polina concept

Edair, Cadegund, Forton, Aloth--missing painted versions (need name of artist, thx)

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

OKAY, WAIT JUST A MINUTE. (I've been out of the loop due to illness so I missed posting my most obvious question...)

Is the Orlan painting artist the same person who did the original Sagani painting? Who is it? Someone already in Obsidian, right?  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

The Orlan painting is signed with a K. I don't see that on the Sagani painting, but the styles are somewhat similar (hair brush strokes, shadows, &c.).

What I wonder is: does the Orlan really only have three fingers on his left hand?

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

OKAY, WAIT JUST A MINUTE. (I've been out of the loop due to illness so I missed posting my most obvious question...)

Is the Orlan painting artist the same person who did the original Sagani painting? Who is it? Someone already in Obsidian, right?  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

The Orlan painting is signed with a K. I don't see that on the Sagani painting, but the styles are somewhat similar (hair brush strokes, shadows, &c.).

What I wonder is: does the Orlan really only have three fingers on his left hand?

Yes, the K is intriguing...

I assumed the thumb was hidden by perspective. And it's possible that's two fingers bent inward instead of one (there's barely a line). 

Has anyone mentioned the kilt? I rather like the kilt. ;)

I like the concept art for the Orlan a lot. I like that Woedica has a little horror aspect to her. You're walking down a street and when suddenly an old woman appears and begins to stalk you. That's nightmare fuel. I have been watching too many Japanese horror movies.

Well, only if you break a solemn oath. So, basically the enemy of rogues everywhere. I wonder what their mortality rate will be in the game world. And whether or not rogue players will be stalked by an unkillable adversary which ambushes them at random locations like Nemesis in Resident Evil 3. Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

"One of our first steps was to think about gods. Deities can be a good starting point when developing a world. They reflect the views and beliefs of the world’s inhabitants, and they can inspire ideas for characters, organizations, and conflicts." - This seems like an excellent way of creating a universe. It sounds like the world, societies and people in them will mesh very well you'll have a solid idea of what makes them who and how they are. I can't wait to learn more about this universe you're creating. ^^

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

snip...I think that it might be some halfling (small and hairy) / gnome (tinkery) / goblin (big pointy ears) mix judging from the desription and picture...snip

Yep.

Is it me or is it a gnome with a dirty face there?

Yep.

---

First: We all like Obsidian (...to varying degrees...), but let's not pretend that this is something more than it is...  A short, hairy humanoid race with affinity for mind magic?  They're called gnomes.  This is *not* astoundingly unique or original.  Don't be a fanboy/girl.

Second: This could be a good thing. The Orlan race could satisfy several niche groups that enjoy playing as little folk, thus saving resources that would otherwise be spent creating separate playable races for halflings, gnomes, goblins, etc. Perhaps those races could even be subraces of Orlans. Perhaps the Aumaua will be a similar catch-all for those who enjoy playing as as orcs, half ogres, etc (or a parent race of such).

Third: I'm liking it overall.

Brings to mind these guys: Guardians of the Universe haha

Based on the wiki description, I assumed Orlans would have a more sinister appearance. I can only assume they're trying to evoke a rabbit vibe with the ears. While Watership Down and Donnie Darko were both chilling and unexpectedly dark, this fellow doesn't strike me as someone who is capable of having a "nasty reputation". He looks more like a boyscout. I guess his appearance could be described as more bat-like than rabbit-like, but he seems to lack the appealing mystique of bats, capturing only the aspect which categorizes them as vermin.

It is rather common for fantasy races to have long, pointy ears. I didn't immediately associate the ears with either bats or rabbits. Rather, they strike me as evoking antenna, mental receivers for their psionic (cipher) abilities. Something like mental sonar, perhaps... so kind of like bat ears after all, I suppose. ;) Edited by ddillon

• 1 month later...