I am currently working my way through Icewind Dale, and after a bit of a bad start(I didn't care for the first two dungeons at all, and combat felt tedious), I am starting to like the game, and understand why it was hailed as such a great game.

My question is what would be a logical next step after I finish IWD? I am currently torn between Icewind Dale 2, ToEE or Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.

I'm not sure if I can handle such an action oriented game after I finish the first Icewind Dale, so I might consider playing NWN2:MoB, or properly playing PS:T, as I haven't finished that one yet.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Any reason why? is it the turn based element that turned you off, or the fact that it is(from what I've gathered) a pure dungeoncrawler?

I'm leaning towards MoTB now, as ever since playing Throne of Baal with Ascension and SCSII I grew quite fond of epic level campaigns, only issue I have with it is the engine(not a big fan of the NWN2 engine, aurora I believe it is?), there's just something about having hundreds of spells at your disposal that just feels quite awesome.

I'd go with MotB or PST.

ToEE turned me off. I think there were loads of little reasons but the "Ach, sod this for a game of soldiers " moment was that the autosave when zoning wasn't before you zoned but after.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

PS:T hands down absolutely is the one you should play

high wisdom high intelligence high charisma character

talk to everyone

cool avatar pic btw

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.